• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Because I have seen how the state fails and people are let out for reasons 20+ years later. We cant un-kill a death row inmate but we can let out a lifer.
    There in lies the problem With the Justice or lack there of system. Victims can not be made to come to life again. Victim’s families are for ever changed. There is no do over in life. There is no Justice. Even in the case of the there is no doubt someone killed an innocent person those people should be spared the death sentence they should be thrown in a hole with three meals dropped in on them never to see the light of day again. That would still be better then what their victims have.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't understand the difference between life in prison, and the death penalty.

I mean, if you find evidence exonerating someone, obviously the life in prison can be let out, and the death penalty... well is dead.

But, if you're sure enough they did it for life in prison, then why not death?

Seems like the death penalty is LESS cruel than life in prison.
    And the death penalty has a 0% recidivism rate and costs a lot less money to administer

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    This happened on the road right behind my work. I remember the day it happened, watching all the red and blue lights and sirens, road closed both directions, and wondering what was going on. It was February, but the roads were clear and dry. Found out later that a mom who was high on prescription pills crashed and rolled over in a retention pond. She got out, but was too high to save her 4 yr old, 3 yr old, and 1 yr old. They all died.

Judge sentenced her to only 2-5 yrs, with credit given for the 1 year that she has been incarcerated.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Look behind you
    This happened on the road right behind my work. I remember the day it happened, watching all the red and blue lights and sirens, road closed both directions, and wondering what was going on. It was February, but the roads were clear and dry. Found out later that a mom who was high on prescription pills crashed and rolled over in a retention pond. She got out, but was too high to save her 4 yr old, 3 yr old, and 1 yr old. They all died.

Judge sentenced her to only 2-5 yrs, with credit given for the 1 year that she has been incarcerated.

"If I could give my life and change places, I swear I would", she said.

I say we let her give that a try, I mean, anything's possible... Right?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

Just put a bullet in each, no use to society at this point and never will be.
    Mother's statement from one of the deliquents: "My son’s side of the story will be told, ‘the truth,’ not the inaccuracies the media will try to portray,” ***** please, the mother ****ers recorded it. How the **** can you twist that ******** to be anything but a horrible excuse for a human? Your response alone shows that he got his **** from you *****.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah, I'm not for killing kids with underdeveloped brains. No matter how thuggish they are. They can rot in prison with no parole.

But you do you.
    If they were kids sure. 17 with a rap sheet longer than my road? Nah... that **** done figured out. He ain't going to change now. Look at that piece of ****'s face. He doesn't give two ****s about anything and he never will. **** him. there's 30 more just like him, one less isn't going to hurt my feelings.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's where seminary park is. Surprised something like this would even make the news with how crazy that spot is (for those who don't know seminary park is Bloomington's #1 hangout place for meth dealers and homeless druggies.)
    Bloomington is a great city to be from...at least one county away from it.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I don't understand the difference between life in prison, and the death penalty.

I mean, if you find evidence exonerating someone, obviously the life in prison can be let out, and the death penalty... well is dead.

But, if you're sure enough they did it for life in prison, then why not death?

Seems like the death penalty is LESS cruel than life in prison.
    Simple: Death penalty is one last meal, life without parole is 3 hots and a cot for life. Lets just look at it as prudent tax payers...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Simple: Death penalty is one last meal, life without parole is 3 hots and a cot for life. Lets just look at it as prudent tax payers...
    My statement is that, I believe life in prison to be torture.
    That we should just have the death penalty.
    But that, there could be mistakes, and the death penalty is unrecoverable.

Therefore, we use life in prison, just in case.

But sometimes, when the evidence is so overwhelming, go to the death penalty.

We should not be required to feed and house someone that there is no question about.
    Especially in horrific crimes.

Top Bottom