• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If one has a medical condition then they’re exempt from the mask. From personal experience, anyone having that much trouble breathing through a surgical mask is in trouble if they contract this virus. I do high intensity exercise 4-5 days a week, I’m in my 30s, and had a mild case. I still got short of breath mopping floors or sweeping my porch. I know almost two dozen people who have had it with all being fairly mild. None of them want to repeat the experience.

Try telling that to the dumbasses including the door guardians.

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    It probably depends on the type of mask. A leaky mask that does not seal to your face makes it easy to breath. This is because the air can go around the filter which also means the viruses can go around the filter.
    It would be interesting to use an oximeter with a good respirator mask on a flight to see what the oxygen levels do.

I don't notice any trouble breathing on flights like a lot of others have stated, BUT....
    My Fenix shows my O2 levels at 88 or lower, normally 98 and my resting heart rate is 100+, normally 60 or lower. So it definitely is impacting you even if you cannot tell. I have been on six flights and this happened even just sitting in the terminal with a mask on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't notice any trouble breathing on flights like a lot of others have stated, BUT....
    My Fenix shows my O2 levels at 88 or lower, normally 98 and my resting heart rate is 100+, normally 60 or lower. So it definitely is impacting you even if you cannot tell. I have been on six flights and this happened even just sitting in the terminal with a mask on.

There is no way we are not being effected by this.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

There's no requirement that the mask filter at any specific level.

I ended up making my own from a single ply of the same material underarmor shirts are made from. It doesn't impede breathing at all. Might be worth a shot as it gets people to shut up.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

Have you worn your Fenix on a plane when you weren't wearing a mask?

Oxygen level in airplanes is only about 15%, which is comparable to being at over 8,000 feet of elevation. That alone will drop your O2 level.

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    Have you worn your Fenix on a plane when you weren't wearing a mask?

Oxygen level in airplanes is only about 15%, which is comparable to being at over 8,000 feet of elevation. That alone will drop your O2 level.

Actually a private pilot, flying in unpressurized planes. I have never dropped below 95% even at 8000-9000 feet. Normally I don't fly that high, but I wanted to see how I reacted to it, similar to doing a deep dive during training to see what nitrogen narcosis is like. At 90% (which is probably too low), I would descend for fear of hypoxia. Also spent 6 months at 7500 feet and never had a reading that low despite it taking me two weeks to adapt to the altitude.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/17/world/california-covid-cases.html

Hospitals under siege! Dire predictions born out! The dead COUNTED BY THE HOUR!

California is ground zero for mask religion and every lockdown and restriction in the book. I'm sure just two more weeks of the mask will fix everything for them. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, via worldometers data just now, our case fatality rate is 1.80% and dropping quickly

Germany's is 1.75%

Masketeers favorite exemplars Japan and South Korea are at 1.46% and 1.36% respectively

Our CFR was at 2.13% on November 21st, so our rate has declined the difference between us and Japan in just 3 1/2 weeks. Something about the numbers doesn't add up

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The fenix pro solar 6x. Been on the Garmin platform awhile. Tracks probably every fitness thing the apple watch does. In fact I would look at the Garmin lineup before committing to Apple.

Also integrates to my fitness pal.

And to make it relevant to a gun forum. It also integrates with alpha and ASTRO hunting dog trackers. Up to 30 dogs.

It does ECG's?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Meanwhile, via worldometers data just now, our case fatality rate is 1.80% and dropping quickly

Germany's is 1.75%

Masketeers favorite exemplars Japan and South Korea are at 1.46% and 1.36% respectively

Our CFR was at 2.13% on November 21st, so our rate has declined the difference between us and Japan in just 3 1/2 weeks. Something about the numbers doesn't add up

And they really don't like to talk about Florida.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/h...rmin-provide-advanced-heart-health-solutions/

Older article. May have something like what you want now.

It's easier to compare sensors than features because most "features" are built by combining data from different sensors.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/641375/pn/010-02157-23 Thats the top end Fenix, Garmin has several fitness and other wearables I would examine if the money hasn't been spent just to make sure.

Here is their entire lineup.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/c10002-p1.html

They also market a Tactix line which is really a specialized Fenix and you can put Tactix features on a Fenix. Which for gun owners means it has a ballistics calculator built in and is night vision compatible with stealth features!:)

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/733535

Here is a site I visit when wanting in depth reviews on fitness watches

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/

I would read his review on Apple and Garmin offerings.

Garmin has some very good projects that get overlooked because they aren't thought of as operating in that sector.

It does ECG's?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The apple one does ECG's like a single lead ECG so your doctor will probably prefer his own.

Actually I do have a series 4 apple watch which does the ECG. I'm getting a new one and I'm handing this one down to my son. The ECG is useful. I get PVC's from time to time and it's useful to see that's all it is. I have heard that Dr's do use it. They might look at it and say you need to come in for reals. It's supposed to help warn if it looks like afib.

I'm pretty much committed to Apple stuff. I have an iphone which has very useful integrations with my work and home macbooks, and my watch.

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    when all this broke out last spring no one was wearing masks of course. But now...the contamination rate is 100 fold over last spring...and many many people are wearing masks. You have to admit more people are wearing them now...so why the break out? I read where the government was trying to get the population to get an implant injected. for our own good of course. so they could keep tract of us...and the people refused. now comes a vaccine to fight the (pandemic). Pandemic...or plandemic?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    when all this broke out last spring no one was wearing masks of course. But now...the contamination rate is 100 fold over last spring...and many many people are wearing masks. You have to admit more people are wearing them now...so why the break out? I read where the government was trying to get the population to get an implant injected. for our own good of course. so they could keep tract of us...and the people refused. now comes a vaccine to fight the (pandemic). Pandemic...or plandemic?

Every mask mandate has been followed by a massive spike in cases and deaths. At some point we have to start asking whether this goes beyond simply being a complete failure.

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    I am not all that surprised. A dust mask or similar design filters on inhale. When you exhale the mask is slightly pushed away from your face to vent, that is why your glasses fog if you wear them. That is moist air condensing on the cold surface on the glasses. Granted the larger droplets are just going into the mask, which is why it becomes wet (this will be important later). However the smaller the droplet, the longer it stays airborne, up to three hours in the case of this virus according to Harvard Health. These then linger for someone else to walk through or get pushed around by air currents despite being dispersed closely to you since you were wearing a mask. As the next person inhales them, they might get stuck in the mask. Now the virus has a moist, warm spot to multiple. Eventually it will make its way through the mask for you to inhale. To me this seems to increase viral load, because now you have a source the continually supplies you with virus throughout the day rather than briefly walking through a contaminated spot and taking one breath without a mask. Also these mask are continually being put on and removed combined with touching common surfaces such as doors, the amount you touch the nose and mouth after possible hand contamination has just sky rocketed. Have flown several times and with TSA security (hand over your ID, take mask down, put mask up, take ID, no go and put your dirty hands on the bins) I am surprised I haven't gotten sick with something.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The word is out from corporate mouthpieces that taking regularly scheduled vaccine injections will not end social distancing and fear masks.
    And, that refusing to be injected will result in not being able to buy, sell, trade, travel; cut off from being a member of society.
    Who isn't too intimidated, too cowed, too terrified to go all Nancy Reagan on it and "Just say no"?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The word is out from corporate mouthpieces that taking regularly scheduled vaccine injections will not end social distancing and fear masks.
    And, that refusing to be injected will result in not being able to buy, sell, trade, travel; cut off from being a member of society.
    Who isn't too intimidated, too cowed, too terrified to go all Nancy Reagan on it and "Just say no"?

You'll really know something is up if having had the real thing, and currently having a positive antibody test, is not enough and they insist you must have the vaccine anyway

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom