• Status
    Not open for further replies.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    No mask is perfect but it is better than nothing. I don't like to wear one because it is harder for me to breath because I wear it correctly, a lot of people don't. It's hard for me to keep my hands away from my face because I have alergic sinus problems so I have to wash my hands often and I try to keep distence between me and others, outside of that I have no control. But since I am a born again child of God, saved and sanctified God has promised to protect me. He has already removed my incurable cancer and saved my life, so I trust Him at His word.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Personally I don't believe anyone has the right to restrict our God given and Constitutionly protected freedom, however they can incourage everyone to follow known safe sientific practices but that's all, otherwise they are in violation of the law.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    86231691.jpg

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Just a reminder that a study of 10 million people in Wuhan found exactly zero cases of successful asymptomatic transmission. The myth of asymptomatic transmission is the sole justification of mandatory masking of healthy people. It does not exist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Just a reminder that a study of 10 million people in Wuhan found exactly zero cases of successful asymptomatic transmission. The myth of asymptomatic transmission is the sole justification of mandatory masking of healthy people. It does not exist.
    It seems we only trust "Wuhan studies" when they say what we want to hear. There have been other studies that show asymptomatic/presymptomatic people do produce enough viral load to infect other people. Do we trust those studies? Oh, hell no. They don't say what we want to hear.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It seems we only trust "Wuhan studies" when they say what we want to hear. There have been other studies that show asymptomatic/presymptomatic people do produce enough viral load to infect other people. Do we trust those studies? Oh, hell no. They don't say what we want to hear.

We have non-Chinese research finding the same thing.

Sticking a vacuum on someone's face and telling them to cough is not the same as actual data on what is actually happening in the real world. You can create any result you want in a laboratory. Real study of real infected people in the real world shows that asymptomatic transmission doesn't exist in any statistically significant form.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

We have non-Chinese research finding the same thing.

Sticking a vacuum on someone's face and telling them to cough is not the same as actual data on what is actually happening in the real world. You can create any result you want in a laboratory. Real study of real infected people in the real world shows that asymptomatic transmission doesn't exist in any statistically significant form.
    Why characterize the other studies as "sticking a vacuum on someone's face and telling them to cough?" Why classify THAT one as creating "any result you want" but not the other? There are many studies on this with conflicting results. I suspect that people who have it but aren't showing symptoms can indeed spread it. In fact the quoted study from jama does show that asymptomatic spread was recorded but at a much lower rate than symptomatic.

If Asymptomatic/presymptomatic people cannot spread it, then masks are only necessary for people with symptoms, and nutty people who think it will prevent them from getting it. I kinda think that's the desired outcome.

So what does this cartoon do to promote or dissuade violence?

I dunno. I think it's trying to say, don't crowd me at the urinal.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why should a question go unanswered?

I tried using a gaiter for a mask. Much better. Can breath so much better, plus lint from the ear strap thingies don't irritate behind my ears. Bad part is, whiskers stick through it and kinda pull. Not the most comfortable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Foz, the point is. I think the answer to your question was implied by his question. Why does a meme need to promote or dissuade stuff? So I think the answer to your question is, "don't care".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No.
    Now answer my question
    Weren't you claiming in the past that people invading what you considered 'your' space at the grocery store needed to be confronted. Did that not increase the possibility of violence - duty to retreat and all. Isn't drilling the offender just another level of confrontation? Personally I think someone ignoring all those urinals to use the one next to mine would be pretty ghey anyway

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom