EgT4tWcWoAAvdOD.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You can find KN95 masks online very cheap but they usually come straight from China so it might take a while to get there.

It depends how soon in the flight.

You might also check with your airline if they have any specific rules regarding masks.

I know some airlines make N95 (or FFP2 and above) mandatory during the flight but don't allow masks with valves.
    I think you can still cover your mask (with valve) with a surgical mask in order to comply.

You might need more than one mask per flight, depending on the duration of the flight.
    Especially if food will be served.

You will also need hand sanitizer if you're going to manipulate your mask(s).
    Delta requires a face covering, and prohibits masks with valves. Their policy is vaguely written and inconsistently enforced. In some airports, a vent filter is misunderstood to be a "valve" and masks containing them are prohibited. In other airports, I've seen gate agents wear the very same mask that is prohibited elsewhere.

My travel days right now are 12 - 14 hours. I use two masks: 1) a neck gaiter that I wear while on the plane (easier to pull down to drink water, and more comfortable for 2-4 hour flights), and 2) a large face mask with vent filters, that I wear while in the airport (gives my neck gaiter a break, and is easier to take off when going through security).

I've not seen any US airline require an N95 mask for domestic travel.

Also, airlines are not serving food. You're lucky if you get a prepackaged snack pack. (I've been taking advantage of the reduced in-flight service by making my travel days fasting days.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm just pointing out that some airlines have specific rules.

I think some also don't allow cloth masks anymore.
    Cloth masks are allowed. Some airlines have prohibited single-layer neck gaiters and/or porous face coverings (knitted masks, nets, etc.)

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I thought I saw a 60 Minutes segment where Fauci said there was no real reason to wear a mask ? ! ! ! That was in the earlier days of pandemic awareness - well you know, before they could pin every possible negative headline on Trump. They figured it out pretty quickly though.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought I saw a 60 Minutes segment where Fauci said there was no real reason to wear a mask ? ! ! ! That was in the earlier days of pandemic awareness - well you know, before they could pin every possible negative headline on Trump. They figured it out pretty quickly though.

Well, it was..
    No masks
    Then wear a mask
    Then maybe two masks
    Then three masks might not be a bad idea
    Now we're back down to one mask

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You did. It has been linked here a few times.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

This is hilarious. Mad because commercials during the super bowl had people that weren’t wearing masks. One of the comments a lady says “I know, especially the Sesame Street commercial... what a wasted opportunity to connect the importance of masks to the younger generations”

WTF?! Mad that puppets weren’t wearing masks?! Sometimes I wonder if this is even reality. Pinch me, I’m in a coma and dreaming the world turned retarded... this can’t be real, people can’t be this dumb

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

This is hilarious. Mad because commercials during the super bowl had people that weren’t wearing masks. One of the comments a lady says “I know, especially the Sesame Street commercial... what a wasted opportunity to connect the importance of masks to the younger generations”

WTF?! Mad that puppets weren’t wearing masks?! Sometimes I wonder if this is even reality. Pinch me, I’m in a coma and dreaming the world turned retarded... this can’t be real, people can’t be this dumb

How dare companies remind us that a time existed when we didn't have to wear muzzles everywhere!!!

F048410

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2021
    Indianapolis, IN
    Do you think people preparing and serving food wash their hands after touching the masks they've been wearing for a 10 hour shift for the third day in a row?

I'd much prefer they didn't wear masks when touching my food.
    That's a great point. I was thinking about them sneezing or coughing over my food, but you raise a good point about touching a dirty mask and not washing. That would probably occur more frequently.
    I guess I'd rather just completely go back to normal in that regard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom