Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you're scared, sick or high risk stay at home. "Quarantine is when you restrict movement of sick people, Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people."
    Not true. Quarantine is exactly the restriction on movement and interaction of people (and goods) not known to be sick.

Perhaps you're thinking of isolation; which is one of my favorite Joy Division songs.

Help!!!!!! We're being taken over by nannies..........:popcorn:
    :mods:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Not true. Quarantine is exactly the restriction on movement and interaction of people (and goods) not known to be sick.

Perhaps you're thinking of isolation; which is one of my favorite Joy Division songs.

:mods:

Well I'm kinda right.;)

• Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
    • Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick. These people may have been exposed to a disease and do not know it, or they may have the disease but do not show symptoms.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I don't think anyone has argued that one shouldn't have the ability to wear a mask or make their own decisions about mask wear.

Not even close, read any post in the thread where because the poster *Thinks* he's going to make excuses and prang on anyone that does wear a mask.

Most of the arguments have been:
    • It shouldn't be mandated
    • Cloth masks are pointless (so why bother)

Take these two together, since they are directly related.
    Masks/disinfecting are effective, see any hospital.
    To argue otherwise is either ignorance of the endless studies and actual practice, again, see any hospital.
    It can also be narcissism, a belief anything *They* think is correct & true.

• Improper wear of masks is pointless (see above)

Improper wearing of masks is ignorance, a little (and I mean very little) training solves the issue.

• Masks invite more face touching (potentially more surface contamination or contamination of the mask itself)

AND AGAIN... Wrong.
    Besides filtering incoming & out going air, the mask keeps you from self infecting,
    Touching contaminated surfaces and then touching your mouth/nose.

The mask reduces contamination from about 24% to 3% in all studies of viruses of this type.

The mask alone isn't going to save you from yourself, diligent hand sanitizing reduces the infection rate to less than 1%, and that's proven, not political, religious, science denying, mental illness, etc.

• Masks are to protect healthy people from sick people (So why don't we focus on encouraging/enabling sick people to stay home instead of trying to create a one size fits all solution?)

Masks are ONE part of the solution...
    I agree there needs to be more done, and the knee-jerk reactionary by government went the wrong direction.
    It's a case of live and learn, we *Should* know better since the the US has had epidemics before, and we have two dedicated agencies to study this stuff.

The thread isn't about that...

• If masks are an effective solution, why is the world still shut down?

That one is easy, misinformation, disinformation, political agenda, and a totally ineffective leadership.

LITERALLY EVERY ACTUAL MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL IN THE WORLD SAID, AND IS STILL SAYING TO WEAR A MASK & DISINFECT WITH ALCOHOL.

THE SPECIFIC TYPE AND CONCENTRATION OF ALCOHOL & MASK IS SPECIFIED AND EASY TO OBTAIN.

"You can lead a horse to water, but he'll still crap on his heels" -- my grandpa

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Not even close, read any post in the thread where because the poster *Thinks* he's going to make excuses and prang on anyone that does wear a mask.
    [/LIST]

Take these two together, since they are directly related.
    Masks/disinfecting are effective, see any hospital.
    To argue otherwise is either ignorance of the endless studies and actual practice, again, see any hospital.
    It can also be narcissism, a belief anything *They* think is correct & true.
    [/LIST]

Improper wearing of masks is ignorance, a little (and I mean very little) training solves the issue.
    [/LIST]

AND AGAIN... Wrong.
    Besides filtering incoming & out going air, the mask keeps you from self infecting,
    Touching contaminated surfaces and then touching your mouth/nose.

The mask reduces contamination from about 24% to 3% in all studies of viruses of this type.

The mask alone isn't going to save you from yourself, diligent hand sanitizing reduces the infection rate to less than 1%, and that's proven, not political, religious, science denying, mental illness, etc.
    [/LIST]

Masks are ONE part of the solution...
    I agree there needs to be more done, and the knee-jerk reactionary by government went the wrong direction.
    It's a case of live and learn, we *Should* know better since the the US has had epidemics before, and we have two dedicated agencies to study this stuff.

The thread isn't about that...

That one is easy, misinformation, disinformation, political agenda, and a totally ineffective leadership.

LITERALLY EVERY ACTUAL MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL IN THE WORLD SAID, AND IS STILL SAYING TO WEAR A MASK & DISINFECT WITH ALCOHOL.

THE SPECIFIC TYPE AND CONCENTRATION OF ALCOHOL & MASK IS SPECIFIED AND EASY TO OBTAIN.

"You can lead a horse to water, but he'll still crap on his heels" -- my grandpa

I respect your compassion but my take is everyone is going to be exposed to Covid sooner or later. I'll take my exposure now rather that wait until winter. I think you have a much better chance of have little or no symptoms in warm humid weather than cold/dry weather. YMMV

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That study is measuring inhalation risk, not the reduction from exhalation, and you picked your quote from the Abstract. The point of wearing a mask isn't to protect yourself, it's to protect others from you. If you are an asymptomatic carrier but still able to infect, yes, people wearing a mask aren't safe from you, because you aren't wearing one and able to stop it while it was still in larger groupings. Yes, masks don't filter your inhalation well, but they filter exhalation better, and if both parties have masks it reduces infection risk much more than 1 party. That study is of healthcare workers from 2015 being protected from patients without masks, so I don't believe it is relevant to the point of wearing a mask to protect others. By the time it has traveled through the air to you, the particles are smaller and able to penetrate the makes more easily, but when they are straight out of the mask, the particles are grouped together enough to be caught by the mask. Wearing a mask is to prevent giving Covid to others, but you seems to only be reading about "well if it doesn't protect ME, then why should I have to" which is a wrong way of thinking about it.

think of it like this, if you **** yourself and you're not wearing anything down there, you're spraying **** everywhere, and if neither of us are wearing anything, I get **** on my skin. Now if it was just me wearing pants, yes, I would still be at risk for **** getting through, but if both of us were wearing pants, there is a significantly lower chance of you pissing on me, could some get through ,sure, nothing is 100%, but it significantly reduces the chance and catches it while it is still in it's larger particle groupings.

also, per the University of California San Fransisco as of June 26th of 2020

Pants are always optional on INGO.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I respect your compassion but my take is everyone is going to be exposed to Covid sooner or later. I'll take my exposure now rather that wait until winter. I think you have a much better chance of have little or no symptoms in warm humid weather than cold/dry weather. YMMV

Might I recommend a road trip to Cruisin' Chubbys Gentlemen's Club in the Wisconsin Dells?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Might I recommend a road trip to Cruisin' Chubbys Gentlemen's Club in the Wisconsin Dells?

Holy crap... 13,000 sq. ft.?

"Welcome to Cruisin' Chubbys Gentlemens Club. Our recently remodeled club is over 13,000 square feet and makes us the largest Gentlemens entertainment club in the Midwest. For our guests we have 3 stages and 4 bars and and the best dancers the area has to offer."

I couldn't find out how big the Classy Chassy is down here... :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't see what was wrong in that post, I am stating the difference between thinking masks are for the sake of the wearer and the sake of the general populace, and then giving an easy to understand analogy that fits, and then a source from a university about it. If trying to teach people that what they think the point of a mask is is wrong and it's "stirring the pot", then call me call me a line cook. You having the virus should be a thing to look at of "how many people did I come into contact with while infected and I wasn't wearing a mask", it's the thing that the people demanding more lockdowns and making masks law will point to saying "the people can't be trusted on their own, they need the police to enforce it". I never said to make masks mandatory, but it seems people think that suggesting the act of wearing them out of courtesy is on the same level as the statsi.

Bottom line is, my dad is high risk and wears a mask, I wear a mask, and I wish more people would because you could be a carrier and not know it while infecting everyone you go near.

Did you read my post. I am high risk. My spouse is high risk. I had the virus. I lived. My daughter had the virus. She lived. The terrorists (avatar) had it and guess what.....They lived. Their dad was there the whole time and he did not catch it. My spouse was with me the entire cycle and guess what....she did not catch it. And she is high risk (oh yeah I already said that) so no, it is not as evil contagious as Fauchi and the WHO would have you believe. Hell man we had no idea until months later.

Listen carefully, it is in your delivery. Nothing more or less. **** yourself......really. Come on man.

And now this.........
    If you're scared, sick or high risk stay at home. "Quarantine is when you restrict movement of sick people," "Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people."

My friend this is one of the biggest hoax on us since Obama.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know why this is even a question. Looking at the countries most successful at controlling the outbreak to see what they have in common and you find a) when they can't social distance they wear masks, b) they social distance when they can, c) they test often, and d) they actively do contact tracing and quarantine. Kind of gets old to hear on one hand folks saying they are patriots and will do whatever the can for their country and then on the other hand whining about masks. Their country is the people in the country. Then there are those who claim wearing a mask is bad for you. Really. So your surgeons, who may wear a mask for 4, 6, or 8 hours at a stretch, are actually operating while impaired? Seems unlikely. I just wish people would be honest and say "I don't like wearing a mask and I don't care if my actions endanger others". So until they have enough time to figure this out I plan to do what the successful countries have done.

Interesting 1st post.
    Did you actually read any of the previous posts.

There is not 1 person in this thread that said or even implied they did not care. I care but shove the mask. Too damned many different results as to wearing them.

And if you are sick stay the hell home.
    If you are at risk stay the hell home.
    If we let this evil bug cycle it will become a non-issue.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Under review.

iu

;)

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Listen carefully, it is in your delivery. Nothing more or less. **** yourself......really. Come on man.

My friend this is one of the biggest hoax on us since Obama.

Well I apologize for my mannerisms, I type how I speak, it's just an analogy.

I believe calling it a "hoax" is a bit harsh, because it definitely is a real thing, people are getting sick and dying, good for you that you and your family were able to get through it, I'm happy for you, but I believe that it could be an anecdotal issue where you and your family might have gotten a weak strand. I will cede that some deaths are flubbed, especially in NYC, hell I will advocate for an after the fact study to look into how many were falsely classified, but the fact stands that there is a risk out there and we as a people of this country need to do all we can to prevent it and help our fellow man, be they people we disagree with or our closest friends, we are all Americans and we all want what's best for the nation.

And again, I advocate for reopening, but I it seems in this age of harsh partisanship there's no place for nuance and has become and age of "you're either 100% with me, or you're against me", which is how countries fall apart.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I apologize for my mannerisms, I type how I speak, it's just an analogy.

I believe calling it a "hoax" is a bit harsh, because it definitely is a real thing, people are getting sick and dying, good for you that you and your family were able to get through it, I'm happy for you, but I believe that it could be an anecdotal issue where you and your family might have gotten a weak strand. I will cede that some deaths are flubbed, especially in NYC, hell I will advocate for an after the fact study to look into how many were falsely classified, but the fact stands that there is a risk out there and we as a people of this country need to do all we can to prevent it and help our fellow man, be they people we disagree with or our closest friends, we are all Americans and we all want what's best for the nation.

And again, I advocate for reopening, but I it seems in this age of harsh partisanship there's no place for nuance and has become and age of "you're either 100% with me, or you're against me", which is how countries fall apart.

Listen up......Influenza "A" will kill you.
    "If".....
    You are Obese and in poor health.
    You are old and have underlying health issues.
    You are a serious diabetic and not seeing to yourself.

99% survive this thing my friend. Most of the listed deaths were in Nursing homes. And many of those were in New York where they actually put the sick in there with the old. Thats for real. Not a hoax.

The hoax is that we are in another deep death cycle. People die every week from some kind of respiratory :bs: but now it is all counted as the Covid.
    Have you actually spoken wit a Dr that is not in lock step with the Libs on this crap.

Not saying it is anything but a serious suckage if you get it. But every one I know that's had out is out in the real world right now kicking but and taking names.

Again.....If you want to wear the mask do it. Don't tell me I have to. I am not going to do it.
    If you are sick/at risk/just scared then stay home. Heck man I will deliver some grocery's to you.
    Just stop the political orange man bad :bs: Not saying its you but the scare tactics MSM has people scared to death.

And hey, I can be a gruff as anybody so I get it. Its not just you I was referring to but your post was a great example.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom