• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You pro-mask folks have been duped if you really believe the masks are more than a spittle catcher.

Cloth masks will not protect you from wildfire smoke.

Cloth masks that are used to slow the spread of COVID-19 by blocking respiratory droplets offer little protection against wildfire smoke. They do not catch small, harmful particles in smoke that can harm your health.

https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/covid-19/wildfire_smoke_covid-19.html

Coronavirus cannot be seen with a microscope it must be seen with an electron microscope...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You pro-mask folks have been duped if you really believe the masks are more than a spittle catcher.

Cloth masks that are used to slow the spread of COVID-19 by blocking respiratory droplets offer little protection against wildfire smoke. They do not catch small, harmful particles in smoke that can harm your health.

Coronavirus cannot be seen with a microscope it must be seen with an electron microscope...

Has anyone claimed that they would protect them from wild fire smoke? I've not seen it here.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They claim the masks will stop coronavirus, smoke is larger than coronavirus, therefore if a mask does not filter smoke it does not filter corovirus...

Not to re-hash this dead horse, but I thought we'd moved past that. I thought that all were pretty much in agreement that at best they only protect others from "droplets" which may carry the virus, and not from the aerosolized virus itself. :dunno: I dunno. I generally just skip to the last post of this and the Coronavirus IV threads. :):

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    You mean those rectangle, pleated, masks that do not fit tight that most people wear under their nose?

No, the ones I wear under a yowie/gaiter that passed your vape test you posted several weeks ago. Those. :)

And for those wearing cloth masks, look for PM2.5 filter masks... they are designed for pollution particles... you know, smoke and such.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They claim the masks will stop coronavirus, smoke is larger than coronavirus, therefore if a mask does not filter smoke it does not filter coronavirus...

giphy.gif

For someone claiming to be want facts, you sure hold onto the myths.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not to re-hash this dead horse, but I thought we'd moved past that. I thought that all were pretty much in agreement that at best they only protect others from "droplets" which may carry the virus, and not from the aerosolized virus itself. :dunno: I dunno. I generally just skip to the last post of this and the Coronavirus IV threads. :):

I get get it we all are weary of the topic. BUT until government stops forcing the people to participate in the charade that masks are more than spittle catchers I will be posting the what I find interesting to illustrate the folly...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This isn't difficult. I'll be casting a vote for Trump. I will not be casting a vote for Holcomb. (That vote will likely go to Rainwater.)

But it is an Electoral College poll, that is germane only to the presidential election and they rate IN as just to the conservartive side of being a toss-up so what gives? Hence the question whether it is propaganda or whether elections at all levels in IN might be closer than you think

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    One nit, it didn't fall, ours increased. :)

["The sun is going down"
    "No, no; the horizon is moving up"]

Otherwise, the same thing I posted over on the COVID thread since we're mixing and matching:

It may be posted now in the Covid thread, but I seem to recall you and Mr Houghmade being dyed​ in the wool Sweden skeptics not so long ago

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And before we need to get out the Brie, Sweden is related to masking because they didn't and Holcomb is related to masking because his EO is widely believed to be a bridge too far and cited by many as the reeason they will not vote for him

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's the fact that Trump is repulsive. Period, full stop.

I hate the man... on the one hand, he is the worst president we've ever had, definitely the worst in my lifetime when it comes to anything remotely approaching how a president should act and represent our country. He's a thin-skinned egotistical lout.

On the other hand, POLICY WISE, he's the BEST president we've ever had, at least in my lifetime for what his administration actually does, both domestically and foreign policy wise. Other than the bumpstock ban, perhaps a "perfect" president.

So, given the number of folks here ditching Holcomb over masks and other small fry - do you really think a Dem would have been better - how can anyone be surprised that a large number either will not vote for this buffoon, or you better hope it's only that they aren't willing to admit it to a stranger on the phone.

SMH. You think that somehow because they gave the public impression that they were presidential, that Clinton getting his cigar smoked by an intern or Obama spitefully stabbing Israel in the back in favor of Iran somehow reflected favorably on us?

This is real life, not a casting call for The West Wing

Good thing you didn't have a vote on Churchill or DeGaulle

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    One nit, it didn't fall, ours increased. :)

["The sun is going down"
    "No, no; the horizon is moving up"]

Otherwise, the same thing I posted over on the COVID thread since we're mixing and matching:

It may be posted now in the Covid thread, but I seem to recall you and Mr Houghmade being dyed​ in the wool Sweden skeptics not so long ago

If you have something showing that the total Swedish per capita death rate from COVID actually went down, I'd like to see that... that math means they resurrected some people from the dead. :)

That Sweden's policy was the wise course? No, not at all, IMO. I think their policy has led to as many Swedes as possible dying from COVID given the Swedish population health demographics. Their thought was sooner or later the same number of people will get it and the same number will die regardless of what we do, so let's carry on and get to herd immunity sooner rather than later.

Why later is better is because of the treatment courses we now know to help or not. IMO, HCQ as a prophylactic or very early but not for those serious enough to hospitalize. Blood thinners and anti-inflammatories for more serious cases. Checking markers for auto-immune over-response and immuno-suppressants. Milder forms of respirators like CPAPs instead of all ventilators which are overkill in most cases and cause lung damage.

If the comparable countries: Denmark, Finland and Norway all end up with the same per capita death rates, then Sweden will have been proven right in that it didn't matter. We are a long way from that AND I don't think that will happen (see the things above), but we will see. Only time will tell.

If you want to know what a Sweden policy would have done in the US, I think you look at the NYC per capita death rates and apply them nationwide... unless NYC'ers are more obese and more diabetic than the average American, NYC is the over/under.

About the only positive I see out of the Sweden experiment is that even without full "herd immunity" a high level of infection reduces the R0 to manageable levels since those that are immune act to govern the spread. Ditto with NYC natives. That's what it looks like right now and hopefully that remains the case.

SMH. You think that somehow because they gave the public impression that they were presidential, that Clinton getting his cigar smoked by an intern or Obama spitefully stabbing Israel in the back in favor of Iran somehow reflected favorably on us?

This is real life, not a casting call for The West Wing

Good thing you didn't have a vote on Churchill or DeGaulle

The question was why is Indiana, normally solid red, only leaning red? Trump as a person is repugnant enough that some will not vote for him based upon that alone. Some of it is with the current climate, some Trump voters keep their voting intentions close to the vest. Better hope there are a lot more of the later than the former.

Them's the facts... and they don't change depending upon whether I am voting for him or not (I am, his policies have earned my vote). I don't drink either tribes' koolaid. But, it doesn't mean I like the guy, I don't.

Some percentage of the voting populace are VERY SHALLOW in their voting decisions and being a repugnant human being does not help win those votes.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    But it is an Electoral College poll, that is germane only to the presidential election and they rate IN as just to the conservartive side of being a toss-up so what gives? Hence the question whether it is propaganda or whether elections at all levels in IN might be closer than you think

Wasn't Indiana literally the first state in the union called for Trump in 2016? Do you really think, based on what has happened over the past four years, that Indiana is in play?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

May have been duped but your citation doesn't support that reasoning

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom