Not open for further replies.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I was at Walmart and Target this weekend, both times I did not wear a mask. No one seemed to care. Most of the employees at Walmart had a mask but were wearing it under their chin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just listening to a radio show talking about 2017 tariff records on imported Covid19 test kits.
    :lol2:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I seen this as well. Wonder how that's possible. I'm sure the MSM won't cover it however

Absolutely correct, MSM (infotainment corporations) will not likely give it air time no matter what the facts are. If the test kits were purchased in preparation for the planned epidemic it wouldn't be addressed or if the purchases were not made with the planned epidemic in mind... either way the story line would be unwelcome. It might provoke people to step outside of the official narrative. Somewhere in infotainment world the rebuttals by wire services' truth control officers (see links supplied by HoughMade) may be given air time but again, that's not very likely (same reason), not unless damage control became needed.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Absolutely correct, MSM (infotainment corporations) will not likely give it air time no matter what the facts are. If the test kits were purchased in preparation for the planned epidemic it wouldn't be addressed or if the purchases were not made with the planned epidemic in mind... either way the story line would be unwelcome. It might provoke people to step outside of the official narrative. Somewhere in infotainment world the rebuttals by wire services' truth control officers (see links supplied by HoughMade) may be given air time but again, that's not very likely (same reason), not unless damage control became needed.

So by "facts" you mean some information that fits with your own bias that it's planned.

Because when presented with the facts, you just dismissed them as lies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So by "facts" you mean some information that fits with your own bias that it's planned.

Because when presented with the facts, you just dismissed them as lies.

Did you read the post? He said MSM would not report no matter the reason. The facts are, as I understand it, are not in dispute as to what happened, just why...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The two fact-check articles that Hough posted explain why MSM wouldn't report that test kits were available in 2017/2018. Their explanation is that the kits now designated as "COVID-19 test kits" were sold to other countries in 2017/18 as different products. They're saying the kits weren't specific to COVID-19, but are now designated as that. They wouldn't report it because it's not news that they changed a designation. So, if you have facts that support that they're lying, other than :tinfoil: make your case. But if your only reasoning is :tinfoil: then meh. Not interested.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In other news masks are good for something, the democrats have used them effectively in the Indiana gubernatorial race to cut Holcomb's lead in half. They exerted social media pressure, the republican folds like a cheap tent, and the republican base gets pizzed and switches to libertarian...

See I agree, masks work...

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A question for native INGOers. I'm looking at the RCP Electoral College map and Indiana is shown as 'leaning Trump' which is the closest rating on the right to 'toss up'. WTF?

I learned in the former 'I can vote for any loser I want for governor to salve my conscience' thread that Indiana is such a safe republican environment that hand-washing won't make a difference. The would not seem to square with how RCP sees the IN electorate. Propaganda by the left to siphon off conservative votes?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A question for native INGOers. I'm looking at the RCP Electoral College map and Indiana is shown as 'leaning Trump' which is the closest rating on the right to 'toss up'. WTF?

I learned in the former 'I can vote for any loser I want for governor to salve my conscience' thread that Indiana is such a safe republican environment that hand-washing won't make a difference. The would not seem to square with how RCP sees the IN electorate. Propaganda by the left to siphon off conservative votes?

This isn't difficult. I'll be casting a vote for Trump. I will not be casting a vote for Holcomb. (That vote will likely go to Rainwater.)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Sweden's per capita death rate just fell below ours and i believe their new case rate has fallen under that of their neighbors

One nit, it didn't fall, ours increased. :)

Otherwise, the same thing I posted over on the COVID thread since we're mixing and matching:

I am definitely hoping that Sweden's experiment is successful... that they've achieved a steady low rate of infections that will not spike back up due to a level of immunity that retards spread at a low R0. It is looking very promising, but only time will tell for sure.

For the time being, their per capita fatality rate is 5-10x their comparable neighbors (Norway, Denmark, Finland), who in the end, may likely catch up, just later rather than sooner if effective treatments and/or vaccine remain unavailable.

And, as for "doing Sweden" here in the US, as I've pointed out before and met with crickets, US health demographics are much worse than Sweden's. Our obesity and diabetes rates are 2-3x Sweden's, and we should,nominally, expect a 2-3x per capita death rate due to those comorbidities if we followed in Sweden's path. I do believe that NY/NYC proved that for us.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

It's the fact that Trump is repulsive. Period, full stop.

I hate the man... on the one hand, he is the worst president we've ever had, definitely the worst in my lifetime when it comes to anything remotely approaching how a president should act and represent our country. He's a thin-skinned egotistical lout.

On the other hand, POLICY WISE, he's the BEST president we've ever had, at least in my lifetime for what his administration actually does, both domestically and foreign policy wise. Other than the bumpstock ban, perhaps a "perfect" president.

So, given the number of folks here ditching Holcomb over masks and other small fry - do you really think a Dem would have been better - how can anyone be surprised that a large number either will not vote for this buffoon, or you better hope it's only that they aren't willing to admit it to a stranger on the phone.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I hate the man... on the one hand, he is the worst president we've ever had, definitely the worst in my lifetime when it comes to anything remotely approaching how a president should act and represent our country. He's a thin-skinned egotistical lout.

On the other hand, POLICY WISE, he's the BEST president we've ever had, at least in my lifetime for what his administration actually does, both domestically and foreign policy wise. Other than the bumpstock ban, perhaps a "perfect" president.

So, given the number of folks here ditching Holcomb over masks and other small fry - do you really think a Dem would have been better - how can anyone be surprised that a large number either will not vote for this buffoon, or you better hope it's only that they aren't willing to admit it to a stranger on the phone.

You know where you stand with the guy.
    We don't need an "actor" to tell us good things while sticking it in our rears.

Guy is a complete *******, he's doing the job he promised he would.
    I'm a bit of an ******* (I know shocking right?!)
    He gets a pass on the superficial.

Actions speak louder etc.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I voted for him because he's an *******. I am exceedingly pleased. :)

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

On the plus side, Trump's demeanor should not come as a surprise to anyone... we knew who he was when we voted for him in 2016. Then, I held my nose and voted for him because I couldn't stand to give Hilary 1/2 a vote, which voting for any third party is doing, AND the hope that he would stick to his list of judges for at least a little bit.

I didn't have high hopes policy-wise... remember the whole "he's really a democrat" mantra? So without a doubt HE HAS EARNED MY VOTE this time around, no if's and's or but's.

It ain't a popularity contest, but there are quite a few, IMO, that don't see it that way. There are also quite a few who will vote for him, but will not tell anyone but those they trust and definitely not a pollster... let's hope that's a big number...

I voted for him
    because he's an *******. I am exceedingly pleased. :)

Lol, see above.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

"Masks" are a straw man.

• Leaving conservatives hanging by folding on RFRA and killing any chance at constitutional carry while Republicans had supermajorities in both legislative chambers is not "small fry".
    • Raising gas taxes when the state had a $2 billion (with a "B") surplus is not "small fry".
    • Channeling his inner Chancellor Palpatine with his "emergency powers" and attempting to create new law and new crimes by executive order fiat is not "small fry".

The first two would cause me to support a primary opponent. The third prohibits me from supporting him in any manner whatsoever. A wannabe tyrant is a wannabe tyrant, regardless of the letter behind his name.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom