• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You realize that's not a logical statement, right?
    Unless we are capable of historical data manipulation of Orwellian proportion, year-over-year mortality number, rate, and trend is going to be a very black-and-white evaluation. (It typically lags quite a bit, though. I'm not sure when final 2020 numbers are expected to be out?)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unless we are capable of historical data manipulation of Orwellian proportion, year-over-year mortality number, rate, and trend is going to be a very black-and-white evaluation. (It typically lags quite a bit, though. I'm not sure when final 2020 numbers are expected to be out?)
    It was an emotionally/ideologically driven statement. Is it your opinion that it WAS a logical statement?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Has anyone considered what could be the most dangerous implication of the chronic dishonesty from the CDC and from Fauci, specifically that after establishing themselves as habitual liars, their credibility will be in the toilet if we ever have something happen that really is significantly dangerous?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Has anyone considered what could be the most dangerous implication of the chronic dishonesty from the CDC and from Fauci, specifically that after establishing themselves as habitual liars, their credibility will be in the toilet if we ever have something happen that really is significantly dangerous?

That's a scary thought, but look at all of the institutions that have lost credibility in recent history. That's something they won't get back easily.

Equally scary is the amount of people who believe everything.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The answer to their problem starts at the same place as the answer to the NRA's problems, the dishonest grifters walk the plank - and who you replace them with demonstrates a lot about whether your intent is to right the ship or rearrange the deck chairs

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a scary thought, but look at all of the institutions that have lost credibility in recent history. That's something they won't get back easily.

Equally scary is the amount of people who believe everything.
    The total numbers of people that are umbilicled (Sp) to the 24/7 MSM onslaught on our minds is staggering.

Frank Zappa. The slime oozing out of your TV set.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

We ARE in a period of Orwellian level history manipulation. Data manipulation is even easier than changing the history books, school curriculum, and tearing down statues.

I am not sure why people keep wanting to deny that things like this can happen......things like this ARE happening. Why believe that there are limits to what people are willing to do when all evidence points to the contrary?

No offence, this isn't directed at you per se. It's just that your post happens to be an example of this.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It was an emotionally/ideologically driven statement. Is it your opinion that it WAS a logical statement?
    No; I'm saying that, once we have all the data, it will be rather black-and-white with respect to 2020 deaths compared to adjoining years, and as compared to trend. Were 2020 deaths fewer than 2019 deaths? At this point, I don't know. I've seen preliminary data that support both more and fewer deaths in 2020 than in 2019. But the number will be whatever it will be. And once we know it (and especially, once we can compare it to the eventual number for 2021, the trend from the late 20-teens into the early 20-twenties), there will be nothing emotional or ideological about its evaluation.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'd like to be on the same page, what do you call "documented" with regard to virus transmission.
    From what I understand, it is generally documented through contact tracing, and knowing the chain of transmission. I suppose that it could also be inferred from more generalized observation of behaviors of a given population, against transmission rates within that population. (Kind of like how a soccer match or a social justice protest could be determined to be a super-spreader event.)

Alternately, I suppose that it could be inferred through process of elimination (i.e. if an infected person has engaged in some, but not other, behaviors).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I do not share your faith that whatever number of deaths becomes the 'official' tally for 2020 will be immune from the same sort of agenda-driven distortions that have plagued everything else about WuVid

They can manufacture 100s of thousands of fraudulent votes for the cause, what makes you think they can't or won't manufacture enough deaths to support the chosen narrative? If they padded total death figures by several hundred thousand, how would you know?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We ARE in a period of Orwellian level history manipulation. Data manipulation is even easier than changing the history books, school curriculum, and tearing down statues.

I am not sure why people keep wanting to deny that things like this can happen......things like this ARE happening. Why believe that there are limits to what people are willing to do when all evidence points to the contrary?

No offence, this isn't directed at you per se. It's just that your post happens to be an example of this.
    I don't think we are (yet) at the point of the government rewriting historical data. I'm certainly not saying that we aren't at a point where the government would have the audacity to try it; just that they haven't, yet.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I do not share your faith that whatever number of deaths becomes the 'official' tally for 2020 will be immune from the same sort of agenda-driven distortions that have plagued everything else about WuVid

They can manufacture 100s of thousands of fraudulent votes for the cause, what makes you think they can't or won't manufacture enough deaths to support the chosen narrative? If they padded total death figures by several hundred thousand, how would you know?
    All-cause mortality numbers (i.e. total deaths in a given year) are more difficult to "pad" than cause-of-death numbers (i.e. Covid-blamed deaths for a given year).

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I don't think we are (yet) at the point of the government rewriting historical data. I'm certainly not saying that we aren't at a point where the government would have the audacity to try it; just that they haven't, yet.

How would you know if they did / did not?

Again, people try and think these people have some kind of limits on their attempts to recreate reality. :wallbash:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    All-cause mortality numbers (i.e. total deaths in a given year) are more difficult to "pad" than cause-of-death numbers (i.e. Covid-blamed deaths for a given year).
    I believe there will be nuance in the all cause mortality rates, that might get purposely glossed over, attributed to covid. For example, how many additional deaths might be attributable to life threatening conditions (strokes, heart attacks, cancer, etc.) going untreated, undiagnosed because folks were too afraid to seek treatment for fear of contracting the killer virus?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    CDC has updated the reopening guidelines for social encounters... Maskers take note...

FfjpOJU.jpeg

Top Bottom