• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Which is also true for influenza and pneumonia, but we don't shut down the economy and corrode constitutional rights for those
    illnesses, nor are we asked for our 'health papers'

Absolutely agree with all that. But that wasn’t our disagreement.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Unbelievable. look, any business has the right to mandate anything they want to allow entry. It`s a private property. You or I decide who we allow into our homes and we set any terms we want. If a business says mask up or don`t come in, it`s easy. DON`T go in...

That`s all I`m going to say on this, I`m not going to argue.

No they absolutely do not have the right to mandate "anything" they want. Just try and keep even an emotional support animal out. I did not invite the public to my home as a public accommodation like Lowes etc.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    But my local hardware store REALLY wants me to come in, and my feed store, and my gun store (ok they don’t count because they’ll ask you to take your mask off!), and my parts suppliers, and NAPA. Oh and subway, and the Mexican restaurant and dollar general. As I’ve said before, I’ll put one on if asked, but I don’t think they really mean it, shown by test after test of them not asking me. They have the sign up for the Karen’s, or just because it seems like the thing to do.
    I’ve been in the post office multiple times without one, the Clinton county courthouse, and spent an hour in the license branch the other day, so some more ‘official’ type places as well.
    Not trying to argue, but trying to add clarity to my point.
    They want you masked. The reason they don`t confront you is because they`ve been berated and threatened and at times even physically attacked for attempting to enforce the guidelines. If they didn`t want you masked, they wouldn`t have the sign out front regardless of what local government said. What`s happening when you go in ignoring the signage is you`re putting more stress on the employees and staff, and adding to the tension in whatever place you`ve entered.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    No they absolutely do not have the right to mandate "anything" they want. Just try and keep even an emotional support animal out. I did not invite the public to my home as a public accommodation like Lowes etc.
    Lowes is private property that happens to be a business. They 100% have the right to mandate anything they like to allow you entrance.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I don’t think you should shut up. It could be a correction, or could just be another opinion, right or not. No disrespect taken.
    More to your point, I feel absolutely helpless in “change the law”. Helpless. Secondly, I would argue that many of these businesses are only putting a sign up because the gov’t told them too, many on here are calling that in and of itself “gov’t overreach”, and it all goes back to your basic belief of what this virus really is, pandemic or scamdemic. Everything is based on that foundational opinion. So, there’s really no point in arguing about the high level stuff until we recognize the foundational beliefs are so far apart and that is what is driving our arguments.
    Nah, I`m just gonna shut up now.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    We took a lot of precautions in the US, but here's what happens if you don't:

file-20210503-21-1jco2wf.jpg

I don't understand why it's so hard to believe this virus is killing people.
    I realize this is supposed to be an apocalyptic visualization to the rest of the world, but it is a daily occurrence in India any time of year. Like the ventilators, and hospital ships, the overflowing hospitals, and the other dramatics that failed to appear, it is a photo in a Hindu country where fire is holy and bodies are burned.

I can only imagine what kind of freaking out the environmentalist are going to have now, since CNN was all over this story.....in 2011 https://www.cnn.com/2011/09/12/world/asia/india-funeral-pyres-emissions/index.html

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lowes is private property that happens to be a business. They 100% have the right to mandate anything they like to allow you entrance.

I even gave you real world examples and you still deny that business is regulated in all manor of ways including who they must let into their stores. Requiring private medical information to determine who must wear a mask is against the law as I see it. It is very similar to known privacy violations of law.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I even gave you real world examples and you still deny that business is regulated in all manor of ways including who they must let into their stores. Requiring private medical information to determine who must wear a mask is against the law as I see it. It is very similar to known privacy violations of law.
    You can wish that you`re right until you`re blue in the face, but you`re wrong. Private property owners set their requirements for entry. If someone takes exception to those requirements, they may go elsewhere, but they ARE subject to trespass arrest if they refuse to leave.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You can wish that you`re right until you`re blue in the face, but you`re wrong. Private property owners set their requirements for entry. If someone takes exception to those requirements, they may go elsewhere, but they ARE subject to trespass arrest if they refuse to leave.

Can a business deny a person entry based on color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, age, and genetic information? No they cannot. There is not the absolute you believe in absolutely...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

So you think if they say only black people are allowed or only white people are allowed that they would get by with that? I don't think "anything" means what you think it means.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    So you think if they say only black people are allowed or only white people are allowed that they would get by with that? I don't think "anything" means what you think it means.
    Oh good grief, no one has denied anyone entry for anything but the mask. They have that right. You have the right to go elsewhere.

Top Bottom