• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I feel like this might be partially at least directed at me. What I meant and mean when I said it's over is that it is over for me. I will not comply again. I will go about my life as normal. I think those responsible for inflicting this crap on the world should be held accountable and punished. I can't speak for others, but hope that clears up my point of view.
    Not you.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I do agree with you there. They were more strict about following the ridiculous law. When many other stores were not really pushing enforcement, Menards was. I did get into two screaming matches at Menards stores with employees over the stupid mask mandates. As I recall, once it was no longer "required" by state-level idiots, they took down their mandate right away though.
    What law?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    What law?
    Executive Health Orders... They were enforced as law. (People were arrested. Businesses were forced to close. Lives were ruined for those who dared disobey.) I didn't agree with them either, but it doesn't mean they weren't there.

What authoritarians learned from this behavior is that whatever a governor or even a local health official can write down will have the effect of law. And they learned it well. The New Mexico governor floated a trial balloon to suspend the Bill of Rights with a health order. Thankfully the public uproar has shot that one down (for now), but it won't be the last.

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    Have you looked? I'm guessing not.
    Have you looked at the trend? They've increased their spending towards anti-freedom people.

1695392257379.png

1695392277442.png

1695392298104.png

1695392313332.png

1695392328930.png

1695392343958.png

1695392358417.png

1695392371979.png

Do they donate to anti-freedom reps as much as Home Depot? No. But you can certainly see the trend away from freedom minded people.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Have you looked at the trend? They've increased their spending towards anti-freedom people.

View attachment 300848

View attachment 300849

View attachment 300850

View attachment 300851

View attachment 300852

View attachment 300853

View attachment 300854

View attachment 300855

Do they donate to anti-freedom reps as much as Home Depot? No. But you can certainly see the trend away from freedom minded people.
    I am no fan of Menards, but I don't think your data proves your point much. It may have actually increased, but their total donations are so small as to be irrelevant.

Few corporations are going to support only one side. They are looking to benefit the corporation, so that is what will guide their donations. They want to make friends with whomever they think they win.

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    I am no fan of Menards, but I don't think your data proves your point much. It may have actually increased, but their total donations are so small as to be irrelevant.

Few corporations are going to support only one side. They are looking to benefit the corporation, so that is what will guide their donations. They want to make friends with whomever they think they win.
    So crony capitalism? If I donated $20 to say, Trump, and $10 to Biden, wouldn't you question what the heck I'm doing?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Executive Health Orders... They were enforced as law. (People were arrested. Businesses were forced to close. Lives were ruined for those who dared disobey.) I didn't agree with them either, but it doesn't mean they weren't there.

What authoritarians learned from this behavior is that whatever a governor or even a local health official can write down will have the effect of law. And they learned it well. The New Mexico governor floated a trial balloon to suspend the Bill of Rights with a health order. Thankfully the public uproar has shot that one down (for now), but it won't be the last.
    The point is: they weren't law. Holcomb's abuse of executive powers is why he lost my vote in 2020.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

View attachment 300848

View attachment 300849

View attachment 300850

View attachment 300851

View attachment 300852

View attachment 300853

View attachment 300854

View attachment 300855

Maybe lack of Republican donations was to RINO’s they don’t want to support. And democrat support where districts were treating Menards more fairly…as Ingomike showed money went to individuals not to the party itself. Hardly makes them leftist.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The point is: they weren't law. Holcomb's abuse of executive powers is why he lost my vote in 2020.

Yes, they were abusive. But all 50 governors (or nearly so) did it. And the Democrats did it for a much longer time and at a much greater scale. I moved from Illinois to Indiana in 2021 and was so glad to go from terrible comprehensive abuse to relatively tame abuse.

So a vote against Holcomb in 2020 was instead a vote toward a much greater evil (Myers). The only 2 who had any chance of winning were Holcomb or Myers... But we're getting way off-topic.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes, they were abusive. But all 50 governors (or nearly so) did it. And the Democrats did it for a much longer time and at a much greater scale. I moved from Illinois to Indiana in 2021 and was so glad to go from terrible comprehensive abuse to relatively tame abuse.

So a vote against Holcomb in 2020 was instead a vote toward a much greater evil (Myers). The only 2 who had any chance of winning were Holcomb or Myers... But we're getting way off-topic.
    **** Holcomb.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I voted for Rainwater. It was a protest vote - and a meaningless, safe one, because Holcomb had zero chance of losing. But, Rainwater did pull something like 11% of the vote, which is awfully impressive for a third party. And Myers pulled less than 33%. So, it is not out of the realm of possibility for a viable* Libertarian candidate to split evenly with the GOP candidate, and either one still win. (That's how unpopular democrat candidates are statewide.)

* That adjective, viable, is important. There are a lot of Libertarian candidates who aren't. I'd put most of the party in that category, which is why Rainwater is the first time I've voted for a Libertarian - or any third party - in my lifetime. I think he was a good candidate who didn't have enough name recognition or a big enough war chest. (And maybe no third party candidate ever will...)

Oh well. Holcomb will fit right in with the DC Uniparty after he wins the Senate seat in 2024.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Never forget. They knew it wasn’t legit. It was moments like this that removed any lingering doubt, any grace or forgiveness for these lying tyrants.

They’re doing it again because we didn’t hold them accountable after the first time. Some, even on this site, just “wanted to move on”…”it is over”. As we’re now seeing, it’s not over and they’ll keep rolling this stuff back out if we keep complying.

There should be consequences. They shouldn't get a pass for what they did. But, what does holding them to account do, and how do ordinary people hold them to account within the rule of law?

They're trying to do it again now. A county outside of DC is now mandating that children wear masks again to head off covid outbreaks. We can't do anything about that here. It's up to those residents.

But, in our own back yard, what can we do to Holcomb to hold him to account at this point? He's not eligible for reelection. Doesn't matter anyway because he won in a landslide, AFTER he played the tyrant! And he'll win the Senate seat because he's Eric ****ing Holcomb, grand defender of the ****ing chamber of commerce.

The problem is, we have sides that people cling to. Most people won't hold their side to account. Hoosiers will keep voting for these tyrants as long as there's an R next to the name on the ballot. And then complain about what those tyrants do once elected. It's like they have no sense of cause/effect.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There should be consequences. They shouldn't get a pass for what they did. But, what does holding them to account do, and how do ordinary people hold them to account within the rule of law?

They're trying to do it again now. A county outside of DC is now mandating that children wear masks again to head off covid outbreaks. We can't do anything about that here. It's up to those residents.

But, in our own back yard, what can we do to Holcomb to hold him to account at this point? He's not eligible for reelection. Doesn't matter anyway because he won in a landslide, AFTER he played the tyrant!

The problem is, we have sides that people cling to. Most people won't hold their side to account. Hoosiers will keep voting for these tyrants as long as there's an R next to the name on the ballot. And then complain about what those tyrants do once elected. It's like they have no sense of cause/effect.
    I can’t disagree with any of this.

Top Bottom