• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Wow, never knew that. The only thing I didn’t like is they kept the mask mandates going way too long. I stopped going during that time cause other places weren’t making a fuss about it. Hope they never bring it back either.

I do agree with you there. They were more strict about following the ridiculous law. When many other stores were not really pushing enforcement, Menards was. I did get into two screaming matches at Menards stores with employees over the stupid mask mandates. As I recall, once it was no longer "required" by state-level idiots, they took down their mandate right away though.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I do agree with you there. They were more strict about following the ridiculous law. When many other stores were not really pushing enforcement, Menards was. I did get into two screaming matches at Menards stores with employees over the stupid mask mandates. As I recall, once it was no longer "required" by state-level idiots, they took down their mandate right away though.
    For a long time, it was "we ask you to wear a mask if you're not vaccinated" on the honor system.
    So many people had to have blown that off, should be another proof to them that masks didn't work. They had to be aware that we were all rolling our eyes at their stupid signs. Except the sheep, and they were marked pretty well.

Everyone's reaction was based on the info they got. And that was completely source dependent. Like Dairy Queens were closed longer than anyplace else, and drive up only longer than anyone else, when mexican restaurants didn't care at all. But no one pays attention to any source other than "their own", and can't see the forest to spite their own nose. Or something like that.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For a long time, it was "we ask you to wear a mask if you're not vaccinated" on the honor system.
    So many people had to have blown that off, should be another proof to them that masks didn't work. They had to be aware that we were all rolling our eyes at their stupid signs. Except the sheep, and they were marked pretty well.
    In August 2020 I took a drive in the country and there was a lot less masking and few if any Biden signs. Lots of Trump signs. Stopped at a produce stand and the guy was cutting samples off mellons with a pocket knife, bare handed, no gloves, and handing them out. Nobody seemed concerned about germ transmission. Then back to the Detroit suburbs and masks everwhere!

One store in the country had a sign that said masks required (presumably to make our governor happy) but also said that if you are not wearing a mask they will assume you have an exemption.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A bunch of people got upset he was dictating that Indiana stores follow what Michigan and their crazy governor wanted during masking and vaccine times…
    Imagine people getting upset that a store would dictate such stuff in such a militant fashion. :faint:

The Menards here wouldn't let you in the door without a mask. That was the last time I ever set foot there. **** them. Home Depot is literally across the street and never said a word.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Imagine people getting upset that a store would dictate such stuff in such a militant fashion. :faint:

The Menards here wouldn't let you in the door without a mask. That was the last time I ever set foot there. **** them. Home Depot is literally across the street and never said a word.
    Some folks have options to buy from others do not. I had a few run-ins with Menards and mostly avoided it when I could.

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    I would not consider Menards leftist at all. I'm there usually several days a week. And John Menard (the founder & owner) is conservative
    Go look at who Menard's has been donating to. They are donating more to leftists these days.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Go look at who Menard's has been donating to. They are donating more to leftists these days.
    Look for the donations by
    MENARD, JOHN R MR
    EAU CLAIRE, WI

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Look for the donations by
    MENARD, JOHN R MR
    EAU CLAIRE, WI

Thanks for posting this. I'm in a moratorium of doing research for unsubstantiated claims.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The important bits.
    MEP Anderson continued. “Now, I would like to make a promise to the people, and I’m pretty sure I can speak or speak on behalf of my colleagues. We will continue to stand with you, the people. We will continue to fight for freedom, democracy, and the rule of law. We will not shut up, and we will not stop going after those despicable globalitarian misanthropists.

“But we would also like to have you make a promise to us. You may have heard it’s all coming back. The first country is already starting [to talk about] mask mandates in Israel. They’re already imposing it. I’ve heard of a few universities in the United States. They’re already bringing it all back. And I would really like for you, the people, to not go along. Simply say no! They want you to wear a mask; say no. They want you to put in another mRNA shot; say no. They want to impose a curfew on you; say no. That’s really all you have to do.

“And it might not be or might sound a little hard, but it’s actually not that hard. Because once you have made it clear to them that you will no longer go along, once you’ve let them know, they cannot scare you anymore. Because as long as you are afraid of what they might do if you don’t comply, they have power over you. Take the power away from them! Simply say no. Once you do that, they don’t have power over you anymore. You will feel so free. Simply say no.

“And considering what we’ve heard today, and considering what we’ve seen in the last three years. Considering what we know they want to implement, heck, you might even be well within your right to tell them to screw themselves and go to hell! That’s where they belong. What will you get out of that? I can tell you. Once you’ve done that, once you’ve told them to just go to hell, they no longer have power over you. You will have an incredible feeling — kind of like a sensation of freedom will swap through your body. I promise you will feel so relieved.

“And this is the state of mind that I would ask all of you to get to. Simply don’t let them grind you down anymore. You are worth it. You are deserving of just standing up for yourselves. And tell them all to go to hell. Thank you very much.”

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The important bits.
    MEP Anderson continued. “Now, I would like to make a promise to the people, and I’m pretty sure I can speak or speak on behalf of my colleagues. We will continue to stand with you, the people. We will continue to fight for freedom, democracy, and the rule of law. We will not shut up, and we will not stop going after those despicable globalitarian misanthropists.

“But we would also like to have you make a promise to us. You may have heard it’s all coming back. The first country is already starting [to talk about] mask mandates in Israel. They’re already imposing it. I’ve heard of a few universities in the United States. They’re already bringing it all back. And I would really like for you, the people, to not go along. Simply say no! They want you to wear a mask; say no. They want you to put in another mRNA shot; say no. They want to impose a curfew on you; say no. That’s really all you have to do.

“And it might not be or might sound a little hard, but it’s actually not that hard. Because once you have made it clear to them that you will no longer go along, once you’ve let them know, they cannot scare you anymore. Because as long as you are afraid of what they might do if you don’t comply, they have power over you. Take the power away from them! Simply say no. Once you do that, they don’t have power over you anymore. You will feel so free. Simply say no.

“And considering what we’ve heard today, and considering what we’ve seen in the last three years. Considering what we know they want to implement, heck, you might even be well within your right to tell them to screw themselves and go to hell! That’s where they belong. What will you get out of that? I can tell you. Once you’ve done that, once you’ve told them to just go to hell, they no longer have power over you. You will have an incredible feeling — kind of like a sensation of freedom will swap through your body. I promise you will feel so relieved.

“And this is the state of mind that I would ask all of you to get to. Simply don’t let them grind you down anymore. You are worth it. You are deserving of just standing up for yourselves. And tell them all to go to hell. Thank you very much.”
    Good advice for all situations. It’s called growing a spine. Done this at a few jobs I worked. Lost some but was better off. Sadly imho not many find this path, then claim they are being tolerant or patient, but in reality it’s an excuse to being a coward.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Never forget. They knew it wasn’t legit. It was moments like this that removed any lingering doubt, any grace or forgiveness for these lying tyrants.

They’re doing it again because we didn’t hold them accountable after the first time. Some, even on this site, just “wanted to move on”…”it is over”. As we’re now seeing, it’s not over and they’ll keep rolling this stuff back out if we keep complying.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Some, even on this site, just “wanted to move on”…”it is over”. As we’re now seeing, it’s not over and they’ll keep rolling this stuff back out if we keep complying.
    I feel like this might be partially at least directed at me. What I meant and mean when I said it's over is that it is over for me. I will not comply again. I will go about my life as normal. I think those responsible for inflicting this crap on the world should be held accountable and punished. I can't speak for others, but hope that clears up my point of view.

Top Bottom