• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

I just seen this. IMO this is draconian and Australia was smart to disarm their citizens so they could get by with this kind of garbage.
    I'm gonna point to this every time someone on INGO tries to feed me some BS line about how police will never enforce confiscation or other tyrannical laws.

Police in Australia are loving this and have enthusiastically, universally trampled on the rights of the populace at every turn.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm gonna point to this every time someone on INGO tries to feed me some BS line about how police will never enforce confiscation or other tyrannical laws.

Police in Australia are loving this and have enthusiastically, universally trampled on the rights of the populace at every turn.

People should have got the hint when cops started saying, "Write your congressman then!"
    Or when they shut down businesses and enforced insane and unconstitutional covid restrictions.
    Or when they stand down for BLM and antifa terrorists.
    Next up, they'll probably be the ones coming to arrest you when you just try to get dinner without showing your papers.

The good ones will just leave, the institution will still be there.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

More carrot dangling to get compliance.

TzM4xeq.jpg

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    And this ^^^ adds to the reason you should be very upset with every sitting legislator which permitted Holcomb to retain these powers, and remove them at the next election. Step one, take your government back. It is NOT "theirs" it is OUR government. You know, that whole "We the people" thing...

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    School that one of my kids works at just went virtual effective today. Teachers still have to go to the school tho, I guess to monitor them better.

Wonder what the new directive will do to this.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And this ^^^ adds to the reason you should be very upset with every sitting legislator which permitted Holcomb to retain these powers, and remove them at the next election. Step one, take your government back. It is NOT "theirs" it is OUR government. You know, that whole "We the people" thing...

It is interesting to me that for all the bit****g about what these governors have done the MIA legislatures have gotten little ire. They are supposed to be our representatives and all these actions should be openly debated by them at ALL levels of government...

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    It is interesting to me that for all the bit****g about what these governors have done the MIA legislatures have gotten little ire. They are supposed to be our representatives and all these actions should be openly debated by them at ALL levels of government...
    To be fair, the legislature has at least tried to stem the emergency powers Holcomb has...unfortunately the court has not.

The trial continues...

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    While we can't (and won't) do it here, this is why we need to back and promote the California recall election. Firing that POS governor out there sets an example of what can and should happen here. :twocents:
    Indiana has no recall provisions in the laws or constitution, and with each member of the legislative body seeing themselves as “governor-in-waiting”, unlikely to ever get passed in any form. Gotta keep that gravy train of incumbency rolling…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They were just following orders

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Their father determined it violated their beliefs. Yeah, sure it was their idea. :rolleyes:

Fine, then take off all your clothes and show what God created.

No, it's not. That's because Muslims and Jews don't share your sense of entitlement.

Jewish students can wear Yarmulkes and Muslims students can wear Burkas because it's clearly written into their religious text*. You twins have just tried to exploit a loophole for your own politics.

It's just that - your principles. It's NOT your religion.

This cherry-picking of the Bible to support your freedumb raises my hackles.

* Edit: turns out not so clearly written in their holy scripture, but a widely traditional and in many cases mandatory practice.

Still a far cry from what the Boppsey Twins are claiming.
    I think you're getting very close to a distinction without a difference.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This has been an evolving trend to shirk individual responsibility for violating constitutional rights for awhile now.

"It's not my fault, it's my superior's fault."
    Then when you ask the superior, they say: "It's not my fault, it's my superior's fault."

And on and on up the chain ad infinitum. But the thing is, it doesn't matter what your "superior" says. If it's wrong, you're a human being with free will and can chose to ignore it or find another line of work. Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    From a FB page (Cooperrider for Kentucky, https://www.facebook.com/Cooperrider4KY, https://www.facebook.com/BrewedCo):

Last week, Beshear announced he would be deploying the National Guard to hospitals to deal with "critical staffing shortages".

The National Guard started arriving at hospitals and those hospitals promptly started firing the staff that did not comply with their mandate.

It is now clear that this is what happened. Beshear is not allowed to legally enforce a mandate, but wants to have one in place. He went to the hospitals and asked them to put one in place. The hospitals clearly told Beshear this wouldn't be possible because they couldn't handle losing that many staff. That led to Beshear making it clear he would cover the staffing shortages with the National Guard.

Let me say this again: Beshear is using taxpayer-funded soldiers to help hospitals enforce mandates. These brave men and women did not join the military to be Beshear's pawns. This is a disgrace and an abuse of office. The General Assembly needs to step up and say no more.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    To be fair, the legislature has at least tried to stem the emergency powers Holcomb has...unfortunately the court has not.

The trial continues...
    BS. Not to you but towards the legislature. If they wanted to they could have stemmed the emergency powers easily. Instead they passed this crap that they knew would end up in court with a chance of Holcomb winning. All they had to do was make a statutory deadline that any "emergency" declaired by the Gov. would automatically end after x number of days, let's say 30, without approval of the legislature. But if they did that it would open themselves up to criticism, whether they voted to continue it or not. This gives them cover where they can blame the committee and the committee members can blame each other. Especially since per the law anything but formal written recommendations by the committee are confidential. That is if the courts find this constitutional, if the courts shoot it down they can just say "we tried".

Top Bottom