• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Since my girlfriend is pregnant, I would have handled the situation the same as his friend did. Regardless of the law, anyone shoving a pregnant girl out of the way for any reason needs to be dead. I wouldn't have needed a gun. I would have beat him to death. That's just the protective father/boyfriend instincts I have. And if any of the guy's friends wanted to join in, that's when the .40 would come out. "Responsible citizen" or not, anyone laying a hand on anyone I love can and will turn me into a citizen that just doesn't care how the law restricts certain actions to protect my family.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    :facepalm:

1096443.jpg

You just made the list, smart guy!

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Since my girlfriend is pregnant, I would have handled the situation the same as his friend did. Regardless of the law, anyone shoving a pregnant girl out of the way for any reason needs to be dead. I wouldn't have needed a gun. I would have beat him to death. That's just the protective father/boyfriend instincts I have. And if any of the guy's friends wanted to join in, that's when the .40 would come out. "Responsible citizen" or not, anyone laying a hand on anyone I love can and will turn me into a citizen that just doesn't care how the law restricts certain actions to protect my family.

Vay

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's a huge difference between coming to the aid of another party facing injury and going after the alleged attacker as revenge.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    :popcorn:

I carry, and I hope and pray it never leaves the holster. If it does, it will be the last resort, not the first one.

I think this is the best attitude. I honestly hope I never have to draw my firearm, let alone use it to protect myself. I believe carrying responsibly requires a lot of pride-swallowing.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the post... however I believe a 4 on1 beat down is a deadly situation....

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    If the original confrontation was to the extent that anyone would feel the need to get involved, the police should have been called, pictures of the attacker, and vehicle taken, and a report filed. If I drew down on everyone who bumped/shoved my wife the least little bit, I would had to buy stock in Federal ammo just to afford to keep my guns full.

Rude people are just that, Rude. Stirring the pot will not make that change, nor will it teach them any manners. If the police were to get involved, at the least it would inconvenience the person, possibly more if the officer felt that there is enough of a reason to get the cuffs out. If you go around looking to pick a fight with everyone walking around with a chip on their shoulder, you will eventually land in jail, or worse, the morgue.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Carrying would definitely help me if I were in your buddy's situation. Carrying makes me more intentional in my violence because I realize that things can go from a shoving match to a shooting match in less than a second. If armed I would definitely have driven off without escalating the situation. If unarmed I should do the same thing, but carrying a gun makes me think more so I am less likely to do dumb stuff.

What your boy did is stupid. I am not saying he is stupid, but he could have gotten killed and they could have taken an interest in his girl after they were done with him.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Stuff like this makes a prosecutors job much easier. You are far better off to STFU than flex your keyboard commando muscles on an internet forum. And it's too late to edit your message because it has been quoted several times already. Congratulations, tough guy!

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis

The internet is abound with people who talk big, but beating someone to death with your hands is not the easy, simple, Jean Claude Van Damme glorious act you think it will be. Not to mention, even if you are capable of bludgeoning someone to death with those deadly weapons you call hands, you are at that point an attacker and your victim or friends would be within the folds of legality to intercede and attempt to stop you with equal force. Think about the bigger picture and grow up.

I advise you stop carrying immediately. Until you can control your own emotions and temper, carrying a firearm with your mindset will only bring you and your family trouble/pain/heartache.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    As we go about armed it is imperative that we exercise forethought and comprehend the "when" and "when not" as well as the "how".

The threshold for deadly force is not because we are offended or because we believe manhood demands it.

I recommend this class taught by an INGO member: View From The Porch: Keeping your toes out from under the wheels of justice.

+1 for the class... "Self defense statute, not a Payback statute." http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/02281203tac.pdf

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Here's where your friend went wrong. He escalated a situation that had already passed (unless the guy did more to the girlfriend than bump into her and continue on his way) and got himself into a fist fight. How would having a gun have made this better?

I'm gonna go with this response...and that fact that having a gun should have had any difference in this situation! Just 'cause the guy's a complete @$$hat...doesn't justify any reason to need a gun! A gun fight is the ABSOLUTE LAST situation anyone in their right mind would want to be in! Sometimes you just have to let @$$hat's be @$$hats...and let 'em go! Escalating the situation was a stupid move...bringing a gun into a situation like that is an even bigger stupid move and would simply be pouring gas on the fire! Gotta be smarter than that!

Top Bottom