• ...and so much more!
  • Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Here's a stumper for the crowd:

What should you do if someone bumps into your pregnant bacon and you're in Evansville at the time?

What then, huh?

Lets see:
    • Fighting is popular in Evansville according to OP
    • OP has urges towards violence
    • Bacon

My guess: Fight the urge to eat my pregnant bacon? :dunno:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Here's a stumper for the crowd:

What should you do if someone bumps into your pregnant bacon and you're in Evansville at the time?

What then, huh?
    Well, if people were properly responsible, and used appropriate 'bacon control', they wouldn't HAVE pregnant bacon :bacondance:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What got the fire started was the OP saying that he wanted to beat some guys to death with his hands if it happened to him, or something along that line. Several of us pointed out that If you took it on yourself to beat a guy to death, and then found that you needed to shoot some guys.......... YOU would be the perceived aggressor. Do you not agree?
    Absolutely agree. That's why I left those parts out of my post. I was judging based only on the details I stated. Once you bring in others things change.

You don't have to abandon smart choices just because they aren't legally mandated. As someone who carries a firearm, it's your responsibility to have the cooler head in any situation.

See, this in and of itself is an issue IMHO. Let's say I get shoved. I have a choice of shoving back or simply leaving. What's it worth to me? Aggravate an already hostile person, or go home to my awesome family? Easy choice for me. A "girlfriend getting shoved" incident suddenly becoming a shooting incident is just horribly poor planning and judgement in my book. Getting shoved shouldn't automatically mean "game on". It should automatically mean, "grow up". You have to pick your words, and your battles, then decide what's most important in your life. In my opinion, if you had a perfectly good opportunity to leave, and then chose not to, escalated the situation and shot someone, then you weren't really defending your life. If you valued your life, you'd just be at home eating bacon sandwiches.
    One can be perfectly calm when telling another that they are being rude and disrespectful. When that person decides to take it to a physical level first with a shove and second with punches it becomes a self defense situation. My own opinions mirror a lot of what has already been said, I simply wanted to point out that if things happened as the OP described then the OP wouldn't be in the wrong to defend himself. To an extent, staying mute and allowing rude people to continue to be rude contributes to the decline of our social norms. In no way would I advocate getting physical with someone but we shouldn't have to refrain from telling someone their behavior isn't appropriate. Criminals and vagrants thrive on society's tolerance.

I do have to disagree on the bacon sandwiches, I prefer bacon wrapped delicacies.

You pretty much made our points with that one part of that one sentence.
    And that's why I lead with that. But at the point when words turn into punches you are well within your right to defend yourself if needed. As said above I was making my statements based only on the details I listed.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I think it's epic stupidity to wade into that situation, to go out of your way to confront someone based on the knowledge that you're carrying and the assumption that you'll be able to shoot him if he starts to beat your ass. That's just ONE of the elements of this particular vague scenario that bothers me, but it's a big one. I also think if the witnesses at the trial say that the first thing they noticed was "the defendant" (boyfriend) coming across the space/lot/whatever barking at this other guy, got up in his face, guy #2 shoved, and it turned into a fight, and then a gunfight, the defendant's going to have an uphill battle.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here's what I'm wondering........
    Why was the OP in the vehicle while the gf went inside?

Because she knows how to listen. :joke:

Speaking of the OP - just to recap: The OP was recounting his friend's story about this incident. The friend decided based on this to start carrying. The OP had two postings and hasn't been back in a week.

Then, enter Trolly McPunchyfist and his preggers [STRIKE]fiancée[/STRIKE] wife-to-be (he hates the Frogs) ... awesomeness ensues.

I think every sane post can be summed up in one terse quote:
    Discretion is the better part of valor.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I think it's epic stupidity to wade into that situation, to go out of your way to confront someone based on the knowledge that you're carrying and the assumption that you'll be able to shoot him if he starts to beat your ass. That's just ONE of the elements of this particular vague scenario that bothers me, but it's a big one. I also think if the witnesses at the trial say that the first thing they noticed was "the defendant" (boyfriend) coming across the space/lot/whatever barking at this other guy, got up in his face, guy #2 shoved, and it turned into a fight, and then a gunfight, the defendant's going to have an uphill battle.

For me, I'd expect I've got a 50/50 chance of coming out of that situation alive. If there's a struggle for a gun, the stronger opponent has a good chance of disarming me and arming himself. No, I want as much space as possible between an aggressor and myself. Plus, who's to say the aggressor isn't armed himself?

Maybe I had a bad day, stumble out of the 7/11 and bump into a girl entering at the same time. Then, some redneck comes yelling at me, shoving, punching... now I'm in a situation where he's the aggressor attacking me and I have the right to use force for self defense.

Just because you have the opportunity (carrying) and a legal right certainly doesn't make any of this prudent.

If I'm pumping gas watching all these scenarios presented here I have no clue who's good and who's bad ... all I know is they're a bunch of idiots that don't have their priorities straight. Screw being tough ... there's bacon at home.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Oh, yeah? What do you know, anyway? Being all weak and puny like you are, I dismiss your opinion!!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Dude... everyone knows that in e-ville the *****es ALWAYS go get the beer and smokes. Ain't no man gonna go grocery shopping. That's the *****es job.

Add purple as needed.

Top Bottom