• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think the tacticool laser on the trigger guard threw off the natural frequency, causing the slide to fail in a fast fatigue fracture....er uh, yeah.

Anyway, I've shot a few different guns, and agree the HP is ugly as sin (and I have a HP 995 carbine). But it does seem to work (the Fo-tay cal blow up not withstanding).

With the grip a big forward, does that make it the bullpup of pistols? :):

Are they on to something there in helping better blance the weapon? I know that a common problem shooting pistols is "gripping" for a number of reasons, including the weight and / or anticipated recoil. Maybe the "grip forward" design helps address this? :dunno:

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    yeah...I did that as a dumb 18 year old...not sure what I paid for the carbine, I was just stoked I could buy it at 18. Walked out the door after firing off about 100 rds, opened the case to find a flyer from Hi-Point with their list of guns, showing the MSRP @ well below what I had just paid :dunno:

Lesson learned, that being said, the gun has always shot well

Aw man that sucks. I remeber going in there to look at pistols one time and my buddy had just bought a Llama mini max 9mm for like 175 and they had used ones for more than 400 and this was like 5 or so years ago

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    What a Hi-Point should look like:

14wxh1k.jpg

:D

Scutter - you ain't right....:laugh:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    After seeing another recent thread with a Hi-Point C9 in it, I tossed the picture into a photo editing program to see if I could make it more "aesthetically appealing".

I'm not a whiz at this stuff, and I only spent 10 minutes on it, but I think it solves the 2 major issues with current Hi-Points:

1) The slide height is crazy silly tall. The slide even comes up above the barrel itself, which seems like wasted airspace.

2) The grip sits waaaay to far forward in relation to the slide, almost in the middle of the gun.

Here is the stock before photo:

HiPointC9HC.gif

And here is my chopped version, with a slide height reduction and grip relocation:

az8f4p.jpg

What do you Hi-Point fans think??

I see you made it a lefty version too! There are some out there that will love that option :D

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Stretch the barrel and it's not a compact anymore plus it weighs more.
    Not that it is much of a compact to begin with.
    Just buy the 40-45 hi point if you want a longer barrel.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Stretch the barrel and it's not a compact anymore plus it weighs more.
    Not that it is much of a compact to begin with.
    Just buy the 40-45 hi point if you want a longer barrel.

See that's the crazy part-- I didn't stretch the barrel in my photochop. Its the same overall length as when I started. I simply moved the grip more to the rear of the slide, and reduced the overall slide height.

gunduffer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    SE INDY
    Looks good. But for the price and reliability of the gun, Its pretty enough the way it is. If they make it the way you redesigned it, they would charge alot more money.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    After seeing another recent thread with a Hi-Point C9 in it, I tossed the picture into a photo editing program to see if I could make it more "aesthetically appealing".

I'm not a whiz at this stuff, and I only spent 10 minutes on it, but I think it solves the 2 major issues with current Hi-Points:

1) The slide height is crazy silly tall. The slide even comes up above the barrel itself, which seems like wasted airspace.

2) The grip sits waaaay to far forward in relation to the slide, almost in the middle of the gun.

Here is the stock before photo:

HiPointC9HC.gif

And here is my chopped version, with a slide height reduction and grip relocation:

az8f4p.jpg

What do you Hi-Point fans think??
    You really need to send this to Hi-Point...Seriously, I'm not joking! They need to do a re-design, if the did something like this I bet it would be a big +. I don't own a Hi-Point just based on the look. I know maybe a stupid reason but they just don't do it for me. If they came out with something like this I'd get one. As for a price, they go for an average of $160 (from what I have seen) If they even bumped the price $75 - $100 they would probably sell a bunch of 'em...

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom