• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    A wild card is who might step into the ensuing chaos. For example, France stepped in on the side of the colonists during the American Revolution (c 1776).

Who knows what might happen today (i.e. China?, Russia?, etc.)? Could/would be a very messy situation.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Long but interesting article.......

Would America survive a civil war?​

No. Too many barbarians at the gate

That said, I'd rather go down swinging than roll over for the communists. They won't survive a war between the states, either

As bug states, there will be others that insert themselves into the fray. It may be CCP troops being fraught against…

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Right or wrong, I think the communists and their allies would be quite surprised if things go hot.

First we now have 20 years worth of recent combat veterans. I have yet to meet one who is not pro Constitution to some degree and anti leftist / communist (I know there are some, and I know being in Indiana skews the perception, but still...). That coupled with the National Guard members who just go militia with their gear, and the volunteer active duty soldiers that consider their Oath and decide; no, not on my watch. I just don't see the regime getting what they fantasize of.

Couple the above with older veterans and the legions of Americans who have actually read the Constitution and are willing to defend it, I envision the primary communist locales quickly devolving to high density urban areas which cannot survive 72 hours of a utility outage without the residents eating there own. The Patriots will be happy to oblige.

I certainly don't want resolution of the current dysfunction to come to violence. I am certain however that none of us will be absolutely prophetic in the outcome. It will surprise us all, and if violent be ugly in a way few of us can even conceive.

My preference would be that enough Americans are awakened by the last 6 years to take some action. Take their school, town, city, State, and Nation back. I think we will see in 2022. If School Boards turn over, many local elections are of individuals at least claiming to govern in accordance with their State and National Constitutions then there could be hope for a peaceful resolution. If not...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Everyone forgetting why they’re thinning the military?

Unwilling to take a vaccine... proof you’re a free thinker... we don’t want your type in the military.

Must allow transgenders, put a sjw in charge, discharge anyone who doesn’t toe the line... all preemptive actions in preparation to ensure only those who agree with them are in the ranks.

Pretty sure I’ve read this strategy somewhere in the history books.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Everyone forgetting why they’re thinning the military?

Unwilling to take a vaccine... proof you’re a free thinker... we don’t want your type in the military.

Must allow transgenders, put a sjw in charge, discharge anyone who doesn’t toe the line... all preemptive actions in preparation to ensure only those who agree with them are in the ranks.

Pretty sure I’ve read this strategy somewhere in the history books.
    That's okay.
    Their toys can be taken away.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As bug states, there will be others that insert themselves into the fray. It may be CCP troops being fraught against…

It's difficult to predict, whether nations would line up with patriots or tories.

China seeks stability with trading partners, so they'd support who ever would be best for long term stability. I imagine Russia would support any insurgency.

Europe would handwring.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Long but interesting article.......

Would America survive a civil war?​

Nope. USA would not survive a civil war. There is no one competent to keep it together. Then again, few people would be willing to kill their neighbor, family, friends, over this. Time spent studying this scenario is about as useful as studying the survivability of an attack by space aliens. But, whatever is entertaining I suppose.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Americans for the most part are not the Americans of the 30s 40s or 50s. Hell we freak out if our favorite brand of ketchup is missing from the shelves.
    Take a smart phone from a person under 40 and watch them go into internet withdrawal. What I'm saying is save for recent Veterans INGO Types.
    Red white and blue Country Boys. I dont think there would be enough willingness amoung those of fighting age to do anything. Drive thru a college campus or urban city. Nothing but limp wristed Starbuck drinking I pad carrying Sissy Boys who probably never handled a tool other than there own. You could lead them to the concentration camp with the promise of wifi and a recliner.
    I would love to believe we have the same grit as we once did. But we don't.
    And thats just sad :patriot:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    A wild card is who might step into the ensuing chaos. For example, France stepped in on the side of the colonists during the American Revolution (c 1776).

Who knows what might happen today (i.e. China?, Russia?, etc.)? Could/would be a very messy situation.
    Californians throwing confetti as Chinese tanks roll down the street.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I don't really see civil war. I see, however, a nearing of the possibility of insurgency. Are we that far away from the premise of oppression by the elite class of our Country over the mainstream of our society? I am not fostering that idea or action, just offering the thought.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    The lines on the map may be different but the ideologies motivating a second US civil war seem eerily similar to the first. Part of it may be the seemingly deliberate ambiguity of our nation's founders in defining what's federal and what's states' rights. If I look at the common arguments repeated in the public forum today, the substitution of a few words is all it would take to make it sound applicable to the national struggle leading up to the first civil war.

In summary: states that want to impose their will, their agenda, and their values on the entire country favor a strong federal government that will enforce their agenda (I'm looking at you California!) versus states that want to protect their people, their local economy, and don't get as much in return from the federal treasury as they're forced to contribute. The states in the latter category grow weary of being told what they can or cannot do by coastal elitists and unelected bureaucrats but until they reach their breaking point they only whine about it, not really take steps to extricate themselves from the situation.

Now, when that next step happens, it will be up to the political imbeciles in D.C. to decide whether they want to take the lessons from history and avoid CWII or if they'll let their collective ego lead them into provoking another civil war. A true diplomat and historian will accept that the union was never going to be unending and call for a peaceful dissolution of one United States of America into probably any number of smaller state alliances. This can be accomplished via a constitutional convention. The problem is that I see no one on the horizon with that level of wisdom and political clout. Certainly no elected official wants their legacy to be presiding over the dissolution of the union but it's the most peaceful and reasonable outcome.

The alternative is bloodshed and unfortunately that legacy is baked into the American psyche. If that is the unavoidable future, unlike last time I favor the advantage of red states if such a conflict falls along those lines. Red states have all the guns, ammo, energy, and means of self-sufficiency that coastal blue states lack. Turn off the gas, power and water to LA and NYC and the war will be over within days.

And as mentioned previously, if anyone thinks the US military is going to march against their own kin I think vastly underestimates how many military service members still embrace conservative leaning values. The weirdos and the wackos in command aren't likely to pick up weapons and get their own hands dirty.

Just my PoV.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You cannot have a civil war when there is no one to fight it. It's a silly notion born from some poster's secret desires to see it come to fruition. There is no evidence to support the idea that any more than a handful of people would be willing to actively participate in such an endeavor.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nope. USA would not survive a civil war. There is no one competent to keep it together. Then again, few people would be willing to kill their neighbor, family, friends, over this. Time spent studying this scenario is about as useful as studying the survivability of an attack by space aliens. But, whatever is entertaining I suppose.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't see civil war in this country, tax revolt maybe but no shooting. China is where I see civil war in the future. At some point enough people will say they want more control over their lives and after some jingoistic staged events the leadership will tell the men with the guns to start in killing. What happens then will determine how the civil war goes, like the USSR or like Kampuchea.

Top Bottom