• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As others have posted, I feel if it occurs it will be a conflict between rural/urban Red/Blue areas. The problem I see is $. Our money is tied up in 401K's, Social Security, Bank accounts, etc. Any conflict of a large scale would effectively remove most or all of our money from our control. After the conflict is resolved we would be back to zero after a lifetime of work. Hopefully we would still own our property and houses.
    If you don't resist, what do you think will happen to your money and your property, especially given the trajectory of recent moves such as having your bank report on almost all of your transactions and credit card companies judging the worthiness of your purchases by factors other than ability to pay?

The time to choose is coming, and how we choose will mark us - just like it did Pence. It may not be possible to simply hunker down and ride it out, although those well outside the cities will have a better chance

I'll have to look and see if I can find it, but I have posted previously an excellent first hand account, by people like us, of how quickly society broke down post-Katrina and how authority did what they felt was expedient or desirable rather than what was called for under the law

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unless leadership on the west coast sells thier part of the country to the chinese, there no way they could support a modern army across the pacific. Only the USA has that kind of logistical muscle.
    How well could they support a modern army across the Taiwan Strait - especially if we do nothing but complain

And a mere backlog in chips produced in Taiwan has seriously roiled US industry (Note: Bad idea to not produce critical infrastructure domestically), what would happen with those factories under PLA and CCP control. That situation could spark a renaissance in US chipmaking, but maybe not soon enough to matter

Personally, I think we should be encouraging Taiwan chipmakers to set up factories domestically

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Unless leadership on the west coast sells thier part of the country to the chinese, there no way they could support a modern army across the pacific. Only the USA has that kind of logistical muscle.
    Already have. The Chinese own ports in California so I’ve read…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    How well could they support a modern army across the Taiwan Strait - especially if we do nothing but complain

And a mere backlog in chips produced in Taiwan has seriously roiled US industry (Note: Bad idea to not produce critical infrastructure domestically), what would happen with those factories under PLA and CCP control. That situation could spark a renaissance in US chipmaking, but maybe not soon enough to matter

Personally, I think we should be encouraging Taiwan chipmakers to set up factories domestically

The Taiwan Strait is about the same distance as from England to Normandy, so we all know it can be done. I still see invasion as sort of a last resort to keeping the CCP on it's legs. A lot of world business moves through Taiwan and over into Guangdong.

All of these issues are good reasons why this country needs desperately to shift back to domestic manufacturing. Back in the 70s I remember various scenarios discussed about an islamic fundamentalist revolution in both Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and how that would simply shut down the USA because of our dependence on oil from that area. It's taken time, but a lot of that threat is gone due to domestic resources and conservation.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Already have. The Chinese own ports in California so I’ve read…

More good reasons to reduce our dependence on china. I remember all the government screaming in the 70s about being less dependent on foreign oil, but I'm not hearing it about chinese stuff. Maybe the chinese bought the people who were doing the screaming and the arabs didn't.;)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Americans for the most part are not the Americans of the 30s 40s or 50s.
    We also didn't go ape**** when the wrong party is elected.
    We didn't get offended at everything.
    We didn't talk about another civil war partially because the veterans of the first were still around.

Of course we did get offended if someone used the wrong drinking fountain...

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    We didn't talk about another civil war partially because the veterans of the first were still around.

We also didn't have a main political party actively attempting to destroy everything that is quintessentially American. But yeah, keep focused on past grievances like they want you too.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    3% of 300 million? 9 million? I'm thinking maybe 30k at most. .1%
    30,000 insurgents across the country could create a heck of a mess if they knew what they were doing. They wouldn't even have to kill a single person to wreak havoc.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

Well the wrong political party definitely won' this time. And now everyone knows it. Even the people that voted for it. Buyer's remorse for sure.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Well the wrong political party definitely won' this time. And now everyone knows it. Even the people that voted for it. Buyer's remorse for sure.
    Yeah, but that'll only last one election cycle and then they'll be right back in power again. The American public has the collective memory of a amnesiac goldfish. Politicians know this and straight up lie to our faces about the past and their lousy track record and no one seems to call them out on it. Or if they do get called out they spin it or assure us they won't make the same error again. Yeah, right. But voters believe it and Voila! They're back!

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    You cannot have a civil war when there is no one to fight it. It's a silly notion born from some poster's secret desires to see it come to fruition. There is no evidence to support the idea that any more than a handful of people would be willing to actively participate in such an endeavor.
    Most civil wars are fought by a very small number of fighters against their governments.

And by very small I'm talking 1-2%.

To me that seems to be very doable in the USA at this point. Are there 3M people pissed off enough to shoot back at what they see as oppression?

If you haven't been watching lately it seems like the government itself is looking for a fight. But if you understand Communist tactics, then you might feel they actually ARE looking for a fight.

Top Bottom