• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's extortion to revise Terry stops, eliminate No-knocks and work to reduce systemic racism.

Gotcha.

No. It is extortion to burn and loot and murder to achieve those goals when you cannot achieve them through normal channels. If those ideas are so popular, why aren't they already on the books. Your team has no follow through, they only know how to demand. Likely why they are lousy at sports

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It's extortion to revise Terry stops, eliminate No-knocks and work to reduce systemic racism.

Gotcha.

I thought terry stops were ruled unconstitutional in SCOTUS? No knock raids I agree with, they should be done away with and illegal. Anyone coming thru my door without announcing themselves is seen as a threat and treated as such.

Systemic racism? Can I get an example of this?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No. It is extortion to burn and loot and murder to achieve those goals when you cannot achieve them through normal channels. If those ideas are so popular, why aren't they already on the books. Your team has no follow through, they only know how to demand. Likely why they are lousy at sports

Passed the House. Not the Senate.

Your move.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So based on your own criteria, the president "shut down" himself? The Trump Foundation was ordered to pay back millions and dissolved. The Trump tariffs on China, are failing miserable due to that cost being taken on by the American public rather than China. The Trump University scam was exposed. The Trump tax avoidance technique made public. He's surrendered to the pandemic. All the "corruption," you make mention of, is being exposed after the folks you cited left office. We shall see how far down the rabbit hole Trump's corruption goes, after he leaves office.

Some of the things you mentioned are true by any objective standards. He tried to set up a Clintonesque Foundation. Of course curious press and Feds shut that the **** down pretty soon. Too bad they're not as curious with the Clinton's. Trump University was indeed a diploma mill.

But some of those you listed are not objective. The "tax avoidance" reporting, for example, did not tell the whole story. "Surrendering" to the pandemic is a partisan characterization. And as far as corruption, yeah, possibly they will turn up something BECAUSE THEY'RE LOOKING under ever rock. I would like to see a high level of scrutiny with every president. Not like everything turned up to 11 as it's been. I'd be satisfied with a 3 or 4 across the board applied equally. But partisans are not interested in finding problems with their own. Just do due diligence on all presidents. If they find a laptop of Trump's, and some damning emails, well then let's go ahead and investigate that. And maybe we could do that with your guy too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Democrats don't believe this stuff Mike. Not any of them. Most independents don't either.

You are playing to the far-right cultists who want to believe.

Bud, you got your own Jonestown. No one else is drinking that Kool-Aid.

Dow down. Pandemic up.

$100's of millions of Trump debt "forgiven" in Chicago. All the stuff Kut listed.

And, the final blow....a president that can't get riots under control. Mostly, because he hasn't stepped up to seriously looking at police reforms and structural racism.

Good luck.

See you in a week.

You guys seem very dismissive of any evidence of wrongdoing by your guy. Yet you were very eager to believe some pretty raw things about Trump with much less evidence. It seems like all it takes for you guys to believe something is for CNN to report it with "anonymous sources". Russiagate was supposed to be a slam dunk. There's gonna be an indictment any day now. Any day. Well, maybe tomorrow. Okay, maybe next week. Uh. Next month? For 3 ****ing years. Hook, line, and sinker.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Given the information presented on trunews.com for the last few broadcasts I certainly intend to tune in for the live show this evening.
    And yes, Barry Soetoro is already being implicated by the Hunter Biden data. Info indicating who was the inhouse handler and negotiator with the chicoms for Barry is being presented as well.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    If enough Biden supporters get their way Tuesday we will have to change the name of this forum to INSO IndianaSkateboardOwners and I will have to buy a new hat.
    Hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You guys seem very dismissive of any evidence of wrongdoing by your guy. Yet you were very eager to believe some pretty raw things about Trump with much less evidence. It seems like all it takes for you guys to believe something is for CNN to report it with "anonymous sources". Russiagate was supposed to be a slam dunk. There's gonna be an indictment any day now. Any day. Well, maybe tomorrow. Okay, maybe next week. Uh. Next month? For 3 ****ing years. Hook, line, and sinker.

I asked before, if Biden had an interest in a foreign business when he was not in political office....is that illegal? I got crickets.

The reason being, it is NOT illegal to sit on a board or be paid as a consultant by foreign entities. If it is a lobbying firm, there are registration and reporting requirements. AFAIK, no monetary relationship exists. You guys are more than willing to suppose there is one. That's fine.

But, even if Joe Biden was 50% owner of Alibaba, is it illegal?

Again...I'll expect crickets.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Passed the House. Not the Senate.

Your move.

So, cleared 1/3 of the hurdles to enactment. Seems like fail. It isn't as popular as you think it is. Perhaps a clean, limited bill to clean up no-knocks, acknowledging that cleaning up Terry stops is an issue for SCOTUS and that systematic racism just isn't selling and you might get something done. Trying to force the issue through violence and intimidation is going to be met at some point with equal or greater violence

Where do you think the cause of civil rights would be right now if MLK had demanded immediate radical change with the implied threat of widespread violence

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A commitment to police reform would go a long way in quelling unrest. So far, nothing has really been done.

All of this started from a copy kneeling on a dude's neck who was handcuffed. That is flat out wrong. No doubt about that. Even if we move that to the larger context of the entire video that was released later, which showed that they indeed regarded his well being, there's still no excuse for that. Even if we consider that the autopsy showed that he didn't die from that, there was still no excuse for kneeling on his neck.

So let's think about some other things with that. We're told that it was racist. We were told that it is a systemic issue. That there's a great problem with police. That this incident makes evident a need for reform. Everyone that I know. Every cop I've seen opine on it. Even on INGO nearly no one thought what THAT cop did was correct. Every cop whose opinion I heard said that this is not what they're trained to do. EVERYONE knew that ONE instance was wrong. And that's a systemic problem? ****ing really?

This was an individual problem with one officer. That doesn't excuse his actions. But that fact does not justify going on 6 ****ing months of rioting either. That also does not justify the claims that it was racism.

The reforms I think are warranted would be around stop-n-frisk policies, and some changes around no-knock raids. We don't have, nor should we have, a national police force. We have individual police agencies attached to state and local governments. I think there could be some reforms around improving standardization of police training, and recommended policies. None of those were at issue in the event that started all this. It was one police officer.

The reason why there was violence all over the nation was that there were far left ideological groups who were trying to start their revolution. They used this as a spark to sow unrest. Democrats all over the country saw this as a political opportunity (or hell, some of them are down right part of the revolution too) to score some points against Trump. They held the police back from doing their jobs. And when police were able to do their jobs, Democrat prosecutors dropped charges so that the same instigators could go out and riot the next night.

Police reform won't stop the rioting. That's NOT why they're rioting. It won't work because the people who are doing the rioting said they don't want reform. They're ideologically opposed to the idea of having a police force. When they say "defund the police" they don't mean they just want to take a smidge out of the budget to spend on psychologists and social workers. We know this because they've said it out loud. It's in print. Go visit Vox. Plenty of radical activist writers are quite eager to tell you how much they hate police.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Please note that some of the loudest voices chastising Trump supporters for being unable to admit their guy had any flaws are now exhibiting the same characteristic with respect to their guy

They're not 'better than that', they just hadn't had their turn in the barrel and thought they never would

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So, cleared 1/3 of the hurdles to enactment. Seems like fail. It isn't as popular as you think it is. Perhaps a clean, limited bill to clean up no-knocks, acknowledging that cleaning up Terry stops is an issue for SCOTUS and that systematic racism just isn't selling and you might get something done. Trying to force the issue through violence and intimidation is going to be met at some point with equal or greater violence

Where do you think the cause of civil rights would be right now if MLK had demanded immediate radical change with the implied threat of widespread violence

It's just an indication that republicans show poor leadership on police reform. If necessary, the Senate can act quickly. Look at ACB. In the case of dealing with systemic racism...not so much.

Republicans feel the riots will play against the democrats. Not dealing with the underlying cause of this anger is stapled to the GOP, amigo. And anyone who is willing to look will see that the HMFWIC is where the buck stops.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's just an indication that republicans show poor leadership on police reform. If necessary, the Senate can act quickly. Look at ACB. In the case of dealing with systemic racism...not so much.

Republicans feel the riots will play against the democrats. Not dealing with the underlying cause of this anger is stapled to the GOP, amigo. And anyone who is willing to look will see that the HMFWIC is where the buck stops.

The demand for "systemic racism" far outstrips the supply, as jamil so eloquently put it earlier. Look at Philly. Crazy man with a knife gets shot (rightfully so) and it's an excuse for burning and looting. That's become the reaction du jour for any police shooting involving a black person, no matter whether it's justified or not. That dog don't hunt.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't know who said it yesterday but the protesters were told that looting was a criminal act and not a viable protest response. 95% of the country has to be behind that kind of comment, don'tcha think?

Philly appears to have a pretty low police weapons discharge stat. Very low when you consider the amount of crime in Philly. But, until we get some meaningful reforms, I don't expect to see much change in the way the black community reacts to shootings...whether you and I believe the police acted appropriately or not.

As a citizen, I cannot see any reason to stonewall meaningful reform. I can see telling #BLM to go **** themselves however.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Non sequitur. The senate could act quickly to deal with an alien invasion, also; they just don't believe that's real. Same thing with systemic racism. The fix is to elect more of your team to the house and senate. How has that been working for ya'?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Non sequitur. The senate could act quickly to deal with an alien invasion, also; they just don't believe that's real. Same thing with systemic racism. The fix is to elect more of your team to the house and senate. How has that been working for ya'?

So the fix is to elect non-racists? And to do that they have to be from the other party? Thanks for straightening that out.

I think there is more than an even chance that the Senate will be turned over in this election.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know who said it yesterday but the protesters were told that looting was a criminal act and not a viable protest response. 95% of the country has to be behind that kind of comment, don'tcha think?

Philly appears to have a pretty low police weapons discharge stat. Very low when you consider the amount of crime in Philly. But, until we get some meaningful reforms, I don't expect to see much change in the way the black community reacts to shootings...whether you and I believe the police acted appropriately or not.

As a citizen, I cannot see any reason to stonewall meaningful reform. I can see telling #BLM to go **** themselves however.

We both agree that reform is probably in order. Where we differ is from where that reform needs to come. It's not a national (federal) problem. It's a series of localized problems.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There are a few things that argue against a bottoms-up approach.
    It is a major issue in a number of large cities. And it's the same issue.
    Bottoms-up takes too long.
    If it was viewed as a problem locally, something would have been done already.

A black man living in city XYZ that has implemented comprehensive reform should not have to worry about crossing into anothe city that hasn't implemented reform. That is a civil rights violation in my view.

And that's exactly what we have today.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Left versus right doesn't matter at this point.
    Just go look at the evidence and avoid being an ignoramus.

Top Bottom