• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Question for you Sig-gents, does the 365xl come in any other caliber than 9mm?

I carry the XDS 45 and have been getting more interested in a dbl action small carry gun . I looked on their website and other sites and all I see is the 9mm. I like the size just wanted a 40 or 45.

Nope and that's exactly why it is as small as it is. I have a very strong feeling if you wanted to scale the P365 platform to work in 40 and 45 the dimensions would have to get much bigger to accommodate even remotely the same capacity. By that point you have defeated the purpose IMHO.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The last truly good Sig was the pre-Cohen P228 or 226.
    Cohen wrecked Kimber and replicated his craptastic formula at Sig: reduce quality control, glitzy marketing, sacrifice accuracy & reliability...but make it wildy popular with the poors. I won't broach the 'drop-fire' issues, or Cohen buying himself out of his gun-running beef with the Germans.
    Sig's used to be Unobtainium for the poors. Now, every Swinging Richard on the range has one. They got themselves a true McDonald's gun: mysterious ingredients, marketed by a Clown.
    But, hey if you like your gun parts made out of MIM, produced in Paris Climate Accord countries, have at it...

Now "The Poor's " is an H&K term generally lol , and despite being a big fan of Dan Wesson myself we "barley have taste" by some 1911's guys opinions. Sig has a clear winner on their hands with the P320 / P365 and are selling more guns than ever. The fact the price point went down is a good thing (especially given said pistols materials) as I want every American armed with good American made guns.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For most of the H&K people, from what I have seen, it is usually in jest. Part of the "H&K hates us" and we all suck. Most all of us are "poors" to someone.

Gypsy31

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Newburgh
    Starting to hear the siren's song for a Mk25. Anybody see one around at local shops? It seems like striker fired handguns is all I see in stock.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Starting to hear the siren's song for a Mk25. Anybody see one around at local shops? It seems like striker fired handguns is all I see in stock.
    I don't know if they are phasing it out. They took a lot of models off the menu the last year or so. From what I have read, with demand for the plastic fantastics still at a high level, they are putting their resources into getting caught up on those.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love shooting the P226 but the P229 is what carries better for me. That bit of extra slide length tends to push the butt into my side when sitting.

TANK BOSS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 27, 2021
    Fishers
    For all those whose Sig panties I ruffled: don't be a INGO long-tenured Pharisee. Nothing I said about Sig was inaccurate.
    Can't wait 'til I too am a Grand Master...on a hill-billy gun forum...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For all those whose Sig panties I ruffled: don't be a INGO long-tenured Pharisee. Nothing I said about Sig was inaccurate.
    Can't wait 'til I too am a Grand Master...on a hill-billy gun forum...
    Well, with your attitude I doubt you make it.
    Hill Billy...are you serious. Mother of all mothers who do you think you are Amigo.

If you feel that way just mount up and ride off into the sunset.

We have a policy here that all exchanges remain civil. You can have all the right info but deliver it like a know it all. Uncalled for. And will not be tolerated.

I am no fan of the Sig line up but do not venture into these threads to belittle the product line and cast aspersions on those that like/buy/run them.
    Same with G****s. I hate-em with a passion but do not besmirch the G**** faithful even though they can be butt heads.
    Its just not proper decorum on our "Hill Billy" gun forum.

Now, step off from this thread.

Top Bottom