Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some interesting polling from the March 15 states. Kasich is tied with Trump in Ohio, which suggest to me he'll win the state. Florida is running pro-Trump by more than 3x the MOE. So, I think he'll win that.

But in Illinois, Cruz is within the MOE. Barely, but inside. And Kasich is running second. A Cruz/Kasich pairing might make some sense.

If Cruz can take Illinois, it supports a Midwest firewall to deny Trump the outright win. If Kasich can take Ohio, that'll help, too.

I think Florida will easily go to Trump. Not that I trust the polls. Their models are obviously outdated. But the factors that seem to give Trump wins in states so far seem to be there in FLA. Lots of early voting. Lots of Trumpers.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    They should either increase the pay of H1B visas up to comparable levels of domestic pay or get rid of them entirely. You abuse it you lose it. Jobs should pay the same amount regardless of who's working it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They should either increase the pay of H1B visas up to comparable levels of domestic pay or get rid of them entirely. You abuse it you lose it. Jobs should pay the same amount regardless of who's working it.

This is pretty much Trump's position on H-1B visas as stated on the website. As I've said, he's not been consistent on that. Nevertheless, I'm not that fond of the government setting an effective minimum wage for special groups of people. I'd like companies to maintain the ability to pay according to value and skill. That said, whether it's an H-1B or an American citizen, the going market value for the qualifications should pretty much determine the pay. But I'd rather not regulate the use of H-1B visas through pay regulations. Maybe it could be a system where people could sue if an H1-B has been hired when qualified citizens have applied.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, their base or somebody else's...

Well, in all fairness both. A pretty large share of the Republican base support Trump. But you're right, a pretty good chunk of Democrats are supporting for Trump. Some to help Hillary. But it looks like there are a lot of blue collar/union types that are supporting Trump. It reminds me a of those who supported Ross Perot. In those days I worked with a lot of Union workers who usually supported whoever the democrats put up. No way would they have voted for GHW Bush, but a lot of them supported Perot over Bill Clinton.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just In - Jordan Schachtel and Jarrett Stepman have also resigned from Breitbart

Rats, sinking ship.

Cdh0Z59XIAExisf.jpg:large

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trump just called the 1934 NFA "suppression" of rights.

[video=youtube;5VVTbiEnXno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VVTbiEnXno[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder who the minister of base buzzwords will be when he's elected supreme leader?

:stickpoke:

Seriously, if he is elected I hope he'll act as pro 2A as he talks.

He probably didn't even know what it was until some pointed it out it might be a good talking point for his supporters.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How does that correspond to this:

I am confused.

Executive Summary:

Breitbart has become the propaganda wing of Trump. When Corey Lewandowski assaulted Michelle Fields, not only did Breitbart not back her up, they kinda kinda got pissy. Ben Shapiro resigned in protest. It was more of a last straw for Jordan Schachtel and Jarret Stepman.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    He probably didn't even know what it was until some pointed it out it might be a good talking point for his supporters.

He's been hanging around with [STRIKE]the Vice President[/STRIKE] Sarah Palin for a while now. I'm sure she's been informing him. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom