GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think this is a mistake. It may not be the audience you wanted but I think you should take the opportunity to spread your message to whomever you get a chance. At least in the undercard debate, with only 4 candidates, he might get time to better fill out his points rather than try to pry time out of the moderators and coming across as a bit petty like he's been known to do so far.

Personally, I'd like to see them limit the main event to the top 4.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think this is a mistake. It may not be the audience you wanted but I think you should take the opportunity to spread your message to whomever you get a chance. At least in the undercard debate, with only 4 candidates, he might get time to better fill out his points rather than try to pry time out of the moderators and coming across as a bit petty like he's been known to do so far.

Personally, I'd like to see them limit the main event to the top 4.

Well, that's Rand, and that's why he's under 3%. He seems kinda snobby.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To me, Rand has the right ideas about government and how to govern. He just doesn't have the temperament for it. He comes off as an elite snob and that turns voters off.

If that's how Paul is being described, I have no idea how to put Trump into words.

Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it. Trump's schtick is more akin to throwing populist, red meat out to crowd. Paul comes across a bit too snarky many times for general consumption. While I agree with a great many of his positions, many of them are not understood too well by less wonky types like those of us that spend a lot of time discussing political issues. He comes across, to me, as someone that assumes everybody else should have already thought these issues through--he doesn't do a good job making his case and bringing people over to his side.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it. Trump's schtick is more akin to throwing populist, red meat out to crowd. Paul comes across a bit too snarky many times for general consumption. While I agree with a great many of his positions, many of them are not understood too well by less wonky types like those of us that spend a lot of time discussing political issues. He comes across, to me, as someone that assumes everybody else should have already thought these issues through--he doesn't do a good job making his case and bringing people over to his side.

Honestly, everybody should have thought these issue through. He just can't hide his frustration with general idiocracy, lol, of the electorate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Honestly, everybody should have thought these issue through. He just can't hide his frustration with general idiocracy, lol, of the electorate.

A good politician understands the "idiocracy" of the electorate and properly exploits them. It's why the two leading candidates are The Donald and Hillary.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They are products of who they are. Trump came up dealing with contractors, unions, etc. So he is use to talking tough, taking far out positions as part of negotiations, blunt talk, etc. Paul is a doctor, so he is used to explaining to patients that he knows what he is doing and to just trust him. Two very different skill sets.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

A good politician understands the "idiocracy" of the electorate and properly exploits them. It's why the two leading candidates are The Donald and Hillary.

Yeah we can act like jerks and Jack-asses on a forum like this by poking fun and ridiculing the idiocy we see out there. But usually, candidates don't get very far by responding, on television, with snark like I've seen Rand do.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They are products of who they are. Trump came up dealing with contractors, unions, etc. So he is use to talking tough, taking far out positions as part of negotiations, blunt talk, etc. Paul is a doctor, so he is used to explaining to patients that he knows what he is doing and to just trust him. Two very different skill sets.

This sounds plausible.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Grifd21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2014
    Bloomington
    Going to see it tonight... I'm already anticipating a lot of anger just based on what little I already know. Sort of have a feeling that the only people that are going to see it, are Republican and fellow right wingers, so I doubt it has much impact on Hillary's campaign.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom