• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Gas cans! Several times a year, we’ll reach the point where our points are about to expire. (Since my wife works from home now, we don’t drive as much as we used to…and I often forget about it since it’s out of my way to go to that particular station). To let those points just disappear, we’ve been known to show up with gas cans to make sure we get as much of that 35 gallon limit as we can. :D
    That's what we do. And take two vehicles. Rarely get less than the full amount.
    #3 point. Plain false. As has been shown earlier in this thread, and that person was gifted several very expensive repairs.
    My BiL hit a opossum or a raccoon I can't remember which. It went around inside the wheel well, trashed the regenerative braking system on that wheel. IIRC cost just for the system was in the 4 digits I think between 1-2k.

Don’t jinx me Jay, if I randomly need repairs now you are to blame I shouldn’t have included “repair” in my statement, and understand Rum’s issue better now after clarification, but stand by the maintenance part.
    My maintenance on my ICE vehicles: Oil/ Air/ fuel/ tranny filters, brake pads/ shoes/ rotors, spark plugs/ ignition system, hoses, coolant, belts, gaskets, exhaust, lubricants, battery terminal corrosion, differentials, gear selectors, car wash.
    What might I be missing on an EV that needs maintenance?
    Brakes can be just a bit more on a EV vs a ICE. See above.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm always on the go fast mindset. I don't let the car get much below 1/4 tank if that before I fill it. :):
    Yep, 1/4 tank or so is usually the fillup point for me too. Sometimes things don't work out like you planned, though, and you find yourself in a pickle.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    How it started:

The latest boondoggle to come out of DC, the ironically named, Inflation Reduction Act, included subsidies of up to $7,500 for consumers who buy electric passenger cars.

How it's going:

Several car makers announced they are raising prices of EV models by approximately $7,500.

Who could have possibly predicted that?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How it started:

The latest boondoggle to come out of DC, the ironically named, Inflation Reduction Act, included subsidies of up to $7,500 for consumers who buy electric passenger cars.

How it's going:

Several car makers announced they are raising prices of EV models by approximately $7,500.

Exactly.
    Who could have predicted that... other than "everybody other than Krugman".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How it started:

How it's going:

Used to be that the cheapest way to get a Jeep Rubicon was the 4xe after rebates. But I read that Jeep is raising the price. Democrats just got ***-****ed by capitalism. And America is paying for it.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Too soon?
    Yeah, I won’t want anything to do with EVs. F them, F em all

I kind of think that's a cost as well. Favored car models that are now gas powered will move to electric while the companies scramble to suck at the gubbermint tit... :(

Here's the amusing part about the Dodge Charger EV:

Yes, just like in the comedy movie The Dilemma where they had to make muscle car engine noises for an EV... :rolleyes:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I kind of think that's a cost as well. Favored car models that are now gas powered will move to electric while the companies scramble to suck at the gubbermint tit... :(

Here's the amusing part about the Dodge Charger EV:

Yes, just like in the comedy movie The Dilemma where they had to make muscle car engine noises for an EV... :rolleyes:
    Kinda like why make a vegetable burger that tastes like beef? If you want an EV car, why not expect it to sound like one. They didn’t make the first ICE cars sound like horses, I don’t believe. They should complete the experience and make the recharging process sound like filling at the gas pump. ;)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kinda like why make a vegetable burger that tastes like beef? If you want an EV car, why not expect it to sound like one. They didn’t make the first ICE cars sound like horses, I don’t believe. They should complete the experience and make the recharging process sound like filling at the gas pump. ;)
    I've said before there is a niche--maybe even more than niche--for EV's. But whatever their place, they should stay within that as they mature. I think this is just Chrysler being out of touch, thinking that they could satisfy gearhead culture embrace EV's by faking exhaust note.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think this is just Chrysler being out of touch, thinking that they could satisfy gearhead culture embrace EV's by faking exhaust note.
    Again, this is nothing new. A lot of cars have these systems today. From what I can see VW, Ford, Dodge, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Lexus,.... These are all in cars with GAS engines. If someone wants to have their car sound louder, they can. If they don't, they can turn it off.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This whole situation is exactly the frog in boiling water story. If in the 60’s the government told the people what cars they could have there would have been major resistance to that idea. We now have become accustomed to the government compelling businesses to only offer to the people the cars government says and most of the dumbmasses do not see it for what it is. Control of the peoples options for free movement…

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom