• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There's a lot of truth to that. This is how ethnic groups started not caring so much about ethnic differences. In the US, Italian, Irish, British, German, whatever, immigrants did not get along at first, but generations of intermarrying kinda solved that.
    The more I think about it..... I'd be willing to bet that if we got to the point that we were approaching this there would be new "victims" created by the loss of their "history/heritage/DNA". Some group will be pointed out as the cause and more societal decay will ensue.

People generally suck.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The more I think about it..... I'd be willing to bet that if we got to the point that we were approaching this there would be new "victims" created by the loss of their "history/heritage/DNA". Some group will be pointed out as the cause and more societal decay will ensue.

People generally suck.
    Social entropy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    it seems we are on the same page.

i won't give a direct example publicly because i need my job for at least a few more nonths.

i check myself on a regular basis to ensure i don't call something racist that is not.

please believe me when i say, i wish i could share my current experience publicly. i think it would go a long way to opening eyes and maybe make a lot more sense as to some of the things i say regarding racism.

i will share an experience from a previous job...

i ran a janitorial crew at fedex. our company contact (the facilities manager at this particular fedex. a white guy for reference). was openly racist when noone in authority was around. he would make comments about only people of color. he did not like me because his cooments didn't p*** me off. in fact, i would five hime the business when he would direct his comments at me.

we had a dispute about what we actually doing vs what we were contracted to do. he had not read or didn't understand the contract.

he insisted that he was going to hold us to the letterof the contract. i said fine. it cut out a lot of what we were doing for free. his comment was "i'm not going to make my guys do that work when we have the n*****s here". when i laughed and told gim "the n*****s will do it if you pay the cost, you're boss has already approved the addendum to the contract to cover the cost". mind tou this was in front of his maint crew: 11 white guy, one black guy, and gis black admin assistant.

his exact words were "you think you're a smart n*****. i'll get my boys together and we'll drag you in the woods and hang your big @ss from a tree!".

i laughed in his face. i told him "they'd be fools to drag a n**** like me in the woods. you've seen deliverance. all of yall will come out pregnant. how would yall explain how yall got pregnant by a big hairy black man."

the only person (besides him) that was offended was his admin assistant...at what i said.

i was not offended by what he said. what bothered me was the fact that fedex knew what he was about but did nothing to change it.

i don't get offended by what people feel or say. every one is afforded protection under the 1st amendment. and everyone has the god given right to feel how they feel.

maybe one day soon we can do a meet & greet and i will relay my current situation in person.
    All my years I've never heard people talk like that. Maybe i just don't hang around people like that in the first place. I think the worst I've heard was from a Hollywood production.
    I'm not saying I've never heard racial slurs, but when it was used it was in a sense of comradery.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

People generally suck.

Everyone has an agenda and it's usually not "how can we all get along together".

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Everyone has an agenda and it's usually not "how can we all get along together".
    This is so true. Look at the Rwandan genocide. A country almost entirely made up of people of the same race; yet those seeking power over them had divided them into two made-up "races" by arbitrary physical criteria, and within a few generations had managed to stoke the hatred between these two entirely made-up groups to the point where one was hunting down the other to hack them apart with machetes.

Looking at that bit of history is what makes me think that racism will never be solved by intermingling of races. Evil men seeking power over others will always see it as useful to divide us into groups based on appearances, and there will always be ignorant morons who fall prey to their ideas.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis

People generally suck.
    the flip side if this is the same people who claim to be slighted because of nationalisation/ethnicity/heritage/ect are quick to claim racism.

yet when a white person is proud of his heritage, he is demonized. it is only equal if we can all be free to equally express our pride in our ancestory. if i can yell black power i should expect to hear white power. i am not saying that either expression is right or wrong. just that one color can express pride, all colors should be afforded the same....equality.

we have the "woke" people wanting equity. equity is not the same as equality. equity, as used by the "woke" crowd, is about gaining an undeserved advantage. crt is what is wrapped around equity to give it justification. just like "diversity and inclusiveness". ( i get that the english language grows and changes. definitions can change with colloquial and common usage). but we see that the modern usage has twisted the meanings of these terms to trigger false hurt in people who have only heard these terms in the past few years.

those terms (as well as the various deviant activities) are distractions to what we need to do as humans... grow and cultivate our souls.

you will only get meaningful conversation from like-minded people interested in talking about what you talk about.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    This is the type of thing that CRT promotes, a race to the bottom to make everyone equal.

To me, this says, well some groups can't cut it, so instead of trying to raise them, we will lower everyone else. How patronizing and paternalistic.

If your school district has a D.I.E. office (diversity, inclusivity, equity) you better pay attention.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You’re conflating race with ethnicity or tribe.

I've come to the conclusion years ago that if we all looked alike there would still be star bellied Sneetches, and a Sylvester McMonkey McBean making a buck from that fact.

Looking past CRT's shock troops at the lower level enraptured in the religion of it, you find the leadership making bank.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've come to the conclusion years ago that if we all looked alike there would still be star bellied Sneetches, and a Sylvester McMonkey McBean making a buck from that fact.

Looking past CRT's shock troops at the lower level enraptured in the religion of it, you find the leadership making bank.

One need not look farther than Ireland/UK, Eastern Europe or the Middle East to see current examples of racially similar/ethnically similar peoples in conflict.

Bele_and_Lokai Star trek two face.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    One need not look farther than Ireland/OK Eastern Europe or the Middle East to see current examples of racially similar/ethnically similar peoples in conflict.

View attachment 195604

I remember seeing that TOS episode for the first time, and thinking that for both sides when you look in the mirror, you see the enemy, and it's a reflection of you.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I am shocked there was such a test in the first place for kindergarten children. Imo glad it's gone. The most racist programs seem to be in Democrat controlled states and cities.

I can see this in high school and college but not at elementary level schools.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom