• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I can't think of a single warm country that has firearms ownership nearly as free and easy as the United States.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I feel for you. We are thinking about spending a significant amount of our retirement in the Philippines and their gun laws suck. If you're a an ordinary type of guy the local police don't hassle you about one at home but carrying and going out to the range are pretty much out the door.

What part of the Philippines are you thinking? The laws have lax nowadays as it's easier now to get a firearm. We have gone to a range shooting full auto, that was in 2010.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I feel for you. We are thinking about spending a significant amount of our retirement in the Philippines and their gun laws suck. If you're a an ordinary type of guy the local police don't hassle you about one at home but carrying and going out to the range are pretty much out the door.
    I have an online acquaintance who owns a farm in the PI and spends practically all his time there now that he's retired, and he carries all the time, everywhere. From what I've heard about the PI it's not hard to carry at all and the cops are usually cool with it.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Why does Texas "suck" in your opinion? The cities there are no different than any other US cities but the countryside is spectacular in places. I don't believe all Texans are like the actors on "Dallas" or emulate Jerry Jones, the rich jerk Dallas Cowboys owner. I have some very good friends from Texas and they are as good Americans as any from my perspective.

OC is illegal in Texas. Rick Perry is horrifying. Austin. Just to name a few.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I'll second TN, the only reason that we are moving is for that military retirement, gotta chase the dream:-)

Seriously though, it's really nice here and a great gun state. You might like where I am at in NE TN, Jonesborough is a nice small town very near a medium sized city area but barely that. There is everything you need in town and none of the big city problems.

We have 17 acres of nice farmland with a 130 yard shooting range in the valley behind the house. Only about 15-20 mins to shopping and everything. Great medical facilities too.

Also, my house is for sale if you are interested.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    What part of the Philippines are you thinking? The laws have lax nowadays as it's easier now to get a firearm. We have gone to a range shooting full auto, that was in 2010.

Along the ocean side by Mt. Pinatubo. About an hour north of where Clark AFB used to be. My wife has her family home there... a gorgeous modern home with everything we need. Plus hundreds of the younger generations in the family who will gladly work as housekeepers and cooks for a place to stay and meals to eat.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    OC is illegal in Texas. Rick Perry is horrifying. Austin. Just to name a few.
    I lived in Texas two periods of time, for a total of 17 years. The biggest complaint I had was that there is virtually no public land. It isn't terribly hard to get a hunting lease, but the good ones are costly. I've shot many a pistol match in Austin, although liberal, like all college towns, i.e. Bloomington, it seemed like a nice place. The people, for the most part, are very friendly. I found them much friendlier than most Hoosiers. They do get some bad weather and frequent big storms in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area. They have an awesome state association (Texas State Rifle Assn.) Rick Perry is a governor that packs heat and shot a coyote a while back when walking his dog. He is very much about capitalism. San Antonio is an interesting and fun city.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Try Southern Indiana. Same firearms laws as the rest of the state, bad winter once every 8-10 years (bad meaning average for Northern Indiana), it isn't flat, we say "You all" as a compromise between "Y'all" and "Youse", we still wear shoes but the tea is sweet and every meal comes with gravy.

Top Bottom