• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    Hi. My name is Chuck and I'm an addict. I just sold a shotgun. It was a double barrel. I didn't really want to sell it. So, I told my wife I would buy two single barrel's to replace it. I'm not sure, but I don't think she's falling for it. Meh...I'll take my chances.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They're relentless. I've noticed an uptick since I refinanced, so somebody is obviously selling some info. I started getting a bunch more junk "snail mail" about mortgage crap too. But it was well worth it. Credit score jumped 50 points after the refi and paying off credit card debt! It was never bad but it's excellent now (again). :yesway:
    We refied both houses recently. Great rates. No money back just moving forward. Yes we are getting pounded with the same crap. I called our Mortgage holder (same for both houses) and lit a few up over this. They tell me the info is public. I told them my and CKW's cell numbers are not and some one let them out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hi. My name is Chuck and I'm an addict. I just sold a shotgun. It was a double barrel. I didn't really want to sell it. So, I told my wife I would buy two single barrel's to replace it. I'm not sure, but I don't think she's falling for it. Meh...I'll take my chances.
    High Chuck.
    My name is churchmouse and I am also an addict.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Hi Chuck I might have two really highly over priced signal shot shotguns to replace your double barrel you sold but I will need the $ up front . Just in case your wife gets mad.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We refied both houses recently. Great rates. No money back just moving forward. Yes we are getting pounded with the same crap. I called our Mortgage holder (same for both houses) and lit a few up over this. They tell me the info is public. I told them my and CKW's cell numbers are not and some one let them out.
    Honestly, they buy lists, period. Just because they're calling about mortgage stuff doesn't mean they got the info from the mortgage company. Phone numbers are "harvested" and it's usually on an "opt out" basis (ie. the "Do Not Call" list).

I used to work for a big music club. One of the ones where you buy 1 CD at full price and get 12 for a penny? (And yes, we actually had "penny parties" at times in our IT department, just to help out the inbound mail department. We had to peel the pennies off the return postcard thingies. :):).

Believe me, list selling was a big cash cow for that business. But I will say that they were very scrupulous about it and I can say with authority that we screened our "potential" lists against the "do not call/mail" list that we maintained. Back then though, we were almost completely direct mail and all that comes with that.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    High Chuck.
    My name is churchmouse and I am also an addict.
    I just stopped in for the coffee and donuts.
    Honest I don't have a problem, I can quit anytime I want! I just enjoy it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Used to only eat 1 time a day, damn union rules making me eat lunch now, now I have to eat lunch or I'm starving
    I only eat 2 meals a day. Breakfast is my main meal of the day. Lately I've been trying to eat salad for lunch more often. But they're chef salads with ham, turkey, cheese, eggs, bacon bits, trail mix with French and Bleu Cheese dressing. So I'm guessing that's not exactly a "greens with lemon juice" salad.:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom