• Status
    Not open for further replies.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I found out a little more about the lady I found on the train tracks. 39 y/o, from my town, 3 kids, worked for the railroad for 20+ years. The last few years she was an investigator for suicides and accidents on the railroad. She recently lost her job and got a divorce. Just sad......

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Here's my post from the other day.

Behind the store I work at is 2 sets of railroad tracks that people constantly walk across to go to our store. It is not uncommon for people to take a shopping cart out to the railroad tracks, leave it there, and walk the rest of the way home with their groceries.

My coworker(let's call him John) was walking out there to get a cart at about 10pm and there was a truck parked about 20 ft from the tracks. Once he got about 50 feet from the tracks he saw what he thought was a person laying on the tracks. He came up to the front of the store and told me what he saw. We both went back there and I could definitely tell it was someone laying on the tracks. I didn't get too close because I didn't know who, if anyone, was in the truck. If the truck wasn't there I would have walked out to the tracks(more on that later).

We immediately went to the store next door where they have a LEO doing security every night. Once we told the LEO and he came out of the store we heard a train horn. Talk about an oh **** moment! The LEO jumped in his squad and me and John took off running for the tracks. The LEO pulled up about 30 seconds before the train got there and ran up to the tracks. The woman was already dead. She laid down on the second set of tracks with her head/neck on the track. This train went by on the first set of tracks. We stayed out there for about 5-10 minutes and gave our information and what we saw. Interesting night at work to say the least.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yep. I talked to one of my friends that knew the daughter and he said the woman was at the homecoming dance with her daughter at around 9pm. We found her on the tracks at about 10:15pm.

yep it's crazy. you can save people from a lot of things but not from themselves. suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    yep it's crazy. you can save people from a lot of things but not from themselves. suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do.

Totally agree there.

A little funny part in the whole mess: Another co worker was sitting in the foyer of the store where she could see out the front doors. When we were running for the tracks after getting the cop she saw us running as fast as we could in front of the store and then 10 seconds later the cop comes flying behind us with the lights going. She went and told my manager that we were getting chased by the cops and ran around the back of the store.:laugh:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Well the one good thing about being up is I watched Jake walk off top shot! what a whiny cry baby, he just left rather than face an elimination!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom