Not a bad evenings work:whistle:
    IMG_20121015_171648.jpg

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Hello ad good night all. Classes sure wear my out. Know I know why I didnt do that good in school. I hate sitting on my ass for that long.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    the air cylinder is so fast right now that at full speed and pressure it snaps a 6 foot furring strip in half.

What's gonna power it? Are you using a portable compressor or something? If the cylinder works so well, could you just use another cylinder on the other end with a handle on it that you could manipulate manually?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    What's gonna power it? Are you using a portable compressor or something? If the cylinder works so well, could you just use another cylinder on the other end with a handle on it that you could manipulate manually?
    Right now it is all manual. so I am using a 100 Gallon air compressor at 135PSI.

when I get it done. It will be at a lower pressure and ran off of a portable tank, Nitrogen or air haven't decided yet. It will have a solenoid and timer that will be powered off of a 12V car battery.
    So when it is done the user will press a button the target will spin. Display for a determined amount of time then auto spin back to the side.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Right now it is all manual. so I am using a 100 Gallon air compressor at 135PSI.

when I get it done. It will be at a lower pressure and ran off of a portable tank, Nitrogen or air haven't decided yet. It will have a solenoid and timer that will be powered off of a 12V car battery.
    So when it is done the user will press a button the target will spin. Display for a determined amount of time then auto spin back to the side.
    Could it be a bad idea to have nitrogen or compressed air around live fire? Like if a stray round hit the tank?

I genuinely do not know, that's why I'm asking.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Could it be a bad idea to have nitrogen or compressed air around live fire? Like if a stray round hit the tank?

I genuinely do not know, that's why I'm asking.
    Only Concern would be a ricochet. The pressure tank and battery will be by the person controlling it behind the firing line.

I modeled the design off of a commercially available system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom