Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    maybe. some GM vehicles have different rear-end gear ratios in the heavy duty trucks. I had a standard duty 1500 with a 3:55 and my dad's HD had a 4:10 gear in it.

Yeah but all you gain is going to the gas station faster with 4:10 rear end gears! :D I've had half ton trucks with 3:73 gears in it!! still just got to the gas station faster than the 3:55! :D

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Yeah but all you gain is going to the gas station faster with 4:10 rear end gears! :D I've had half ton trucks with 3:73 gears in it!! still just got to the gas station faster than the 3:55! :D
    didn't say it was better. just that it is one of the differences. I will never have another truck with anything bigger than a 3:55 unless it is a dedicated tower and maybe not even then.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    didn't say it was better. just that it is one of the differences. I will never have another truck with anything bigger than a 3:55 unless it is a dedicated tower and maybe not even then.

You need to look at the overall gear ratio between the tranny and the rearend gears. Manuals are geared differently and the rear diff gear ratio isn't the same as its automatic counter-part.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    we need the HD for the same reason and for us it was cost. For what we had to spend we couldn't get a decent diesel used for what we could get the gasoline engine. Diesels are very good at holding their value.

Yeah, I get they cost more. But you also have the potential to save money with fuel costs if you do mostly hauling with them. I was just curious. I wish there were more diesel cars though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom