NWI
    IMG244.jpg

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I don't think any one is belittling anyone here! If they are that worried about it then they need not bring the other half!! At the last one the men where very supportive and stayed out of the way!! I only had one guy that I had to tell to go away!! and don't have trouble telling anyone that would belittle any one else to hit the road!! not gonna happen around me and on my line! again this thing is just getting blown way out of proportion!! they all have the right and ability to leave them home with the dog!!
    rolling your eyes while saying "Does that mean they won't draw a gun in public when needed because there will be "men" around" kinda goes into that arena of belittling.
    I am not saying that the men there won't behave, that there is a woman who will have an issue. I saw someone brought it up and silently agreed, i didn't feel strongly enough about it to say anything though. I would have stayed out of it had that statement here not been said.
    Maybe I am being overly sensitive again.. but you know, they are my feelings and it's how I saw it. If one of the women who may feel shy saw it, would it have been enough to keep them from coming?

I'll go back to keeping my mouth shut

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    rolling your eyes while saying "Does that mean they won't draw a gun in public when needed because there will be "men" around" kinda goes into that arena of belittling.
    I am not saying that the men there won't behave, that there is a woman who will have an issue. I saw someone brought it up and silently agreed, i didn't feel strongly enough about it to say anything though. I would have stayed out of it had that statement here not been said.
    Maybe I am being overly sensitive again.. but you know, they are my feelings and it's how I saw it. If one of the women who may feel shy saw it, would it have been enough to keep them from coming?

I just think this has gotten to a point that it is overshadowing the fact that the training will bring them to a point that most of them will be able to out draw and out shoot there other half by the end of the day!! I meen if they are with someone that would belittle them they have far more troubles than than a training day!! and by all meens should leave them at home or maybe just plain leave them!!! And no one is asking you to keep your mouth shut let alone me!! I have more respect for you than you could imagine! But then again I know that women are not the weaker sex by a long shot! and most of us men are just thankful that women will talk to us! let alone share their lives with us!! :D

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

You're not being overly sensitive... I'm late to this party, just got back in the house...so excuse me if this has been said before.

I understand how some women would feel if being watch by men while they learned something that is considered a man's thing. Been there done that myself. What some of these women don't realize is that the men that will be there are there with a loved one whom they want to see trained. It's completely different than being ogled by some guys at the range. I hope if someone has concerns about the men being there that they address it with HandK or IJW so they can reassure them that if it is an issue, they will handle it.

The guys last time were very helpful and stayed back unless asked to help. Or in one case saw a safety issue and removed some rocks that were causing splatter to hit some of us. I don't even remember the one guy HandK mentioned, so it must not have been very obvious that he was causing an issue and HandK took care of it respectfully.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I just think this has gotten to a point that it is overshadowing the fact that the training will bring them to a point that most of them will be able to out draw and out shoot there other half by the end of the day!! I meen if they are with someone that would belittle them they have far more troubles than than a training day!! and by all meens should leave them at home or maybe just plain leave them!!! And no one is asking you to keep your mouth shut let alone me!! I have more respect for you than you could imagine! But then again I know that women are not the weaker sex by a long shot! and most of us men are just thankful that women will talk to us! let alone share their lives with us!! :D

I think this will be great for all the women who are going. If there are those out there who are "shy" to shoot around men, this will help them go a long way in feeling more confident. I don't think what 88GT meant was the "woman" feels shy around "her" husband, I think she is meaning the men there in general. I took it that way anyway. Which is why she is asking where they will be, will there be enough space that the men won't be sitting and watching. On many of your other training sessions you have done with us, people are standing a decent distance away, but still standing there watching. This is what 88GT is trying to say, I believe, is what we don't want the men doing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom