• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    great news!! Not only was the bus on time this morning, it was early getting home...

now for the really good news... the bus drivers are on strike!!

I drove down to the school when I got the call to pick him up, saw his bus there, inquired if that meant he would be driven home then came home to see how late it would be. No idea how long this will last or if there will be someone to pick him up Monday morning. One day at a time I guess

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    great news!! Not only was the bus on time this morning, it was early getting home...

I drove down to the school when I got the call to pick him up, saw his bus there, inquired if that meant he would be driven home then came home to see how late it would be. No idea how long this will last or if there will be someone to pick him up Monday morning. One day at a time I guess

I'm going on strike for the rest of the afternoon!!!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    That is pretty funny, and sad at the same time.

to me it isn't a big deal to ride the bus or not. for some that's the only way the kids can get to school though.

The phone has been ringing off the hook with updates and such on what's happening. 1 of the 4 buses didn't show at our school, they thought they had a driver for it. They never showed so the last call was to let us know those kids would have to be picked up at the school. For parents to not worry as staff would stay at the school until all students are picked up. it's such a mess really.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    to me it isn't a big deal to ride the bus or not. for some that's the only way the kids can get to school though.

The phone has been ringing off the hook with updates and such on what's happening. 1 of the 4 buses didn't show at our school, they thought they had a driver for it. They never showed so the last call was to let us know those kids would have to be picked up at the school. For parents to not worry as staff would stay at the school until all students are picked up. it's such a mess really.

Yeah, there are a lot of parents who work, what are they gonna do???

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah, there are a lot of parents who work, what are they gonna do???
    I honestly don't know... I'll sit at the bus stop on Monday morning and see what happens. I'll take the boy to school but not the others if the bus doesn't arrive. I don't want the others at the school with no ride home and they won't let me take them home.

anywya.. how was your day?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

I just found out about this less than 2 hours ago. From what I read, they are striking because the state ruled they were not entitled to the unemployment benefits they received over the summer and must pay it back. I don't get this. These are not drivers employed by the school system or by the government. The drivers threatening a strike are employed by a private company contracted by the school system. How is striking against their employer going to help solve a disagreement with the state? :dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I just found out about this less than 2 hours ago. From what I read, they are striking because the state ruled they were not entitled to the unemployment benefits they received over the summer and must pay it back. I don't get this. These are not drivers employed by the school system or by the government. The drivers threatening a strike are employed by a private company contracted by the school system. How is striking against their employer going to help solve a disagreement with the state? :dunno:

Perfect example of why some Unions need to go away. They probably don't even know why they are striking and were just told to go on strike. Wrong venue to protest that specific issue.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I just saw this on the news.. I had no idea they why's until I saw the news.. I got the first call at 2:15, so just over 3 hours ago.

You are right, they are taking it out on the wrong people. The state changed the policy, not the company.

I think this is going to get worse before better. I'll haul the boy to school and back daily if necessary.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Whats going on?
    Is Mrs G on strike?

yep I am

no more :naughty:
    no more food
    no more clean laundry
    no more clean house

oh who the heck am I kidding.. I can't do without :naughty:

the company who contracts the bus routes for our school are on strike.
    I applaud the ones who crossed the line and did their job.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom