• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Wow! thats insane! bold of him to walk rite in the house with the door open!! Glad you got him! people don't know how destructive they can be! I had two of them on my roof this spring! killed them both with a .20 air rifle! :D

They will tear anything up. I think he had a sugar rush and slept it off in the tub.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    That's what I justtold him is that he needs to start eating his yogurt and drinking his juice daily. I gave him cranberry juice and it seemed to help.

Yep if he ate 3 to 4 pruns aday he would have no problem it is a stool softener as well as high in fiber! and a box of pruns is about three bucks! :D

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Stress can cause constipation too. Shooting can relieve stress therefor shooting cures constipation. Well, thats my line of reasoning anyway :D

But seriously, stress can do that. Is he under any undo stress?

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    He just asked me a question about the juice. He said back when he was drinking a whole one that he had the oppisite problem. So I think we have come to the solution that he just drink enough to take his pill and that should help.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    raccoon.jpg

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Book says to gradually increase the amount of fiber in the diet. If you do it too fast, it could cause the problem to get worse. Has HP said, increase the amount of magnesium in the diet. It can be gained with leafy greens, brocolli, and nuts. Real cocoa is an excellent source of Mag. Good fiber can be found in some breads, oatmeals, pumpkin bread, etc

Make sure he is drinking lots of water, bowel problems are often caused by dehydration.

The "starter" mix they use in the nursing homes is one part applesause, one part bran flakes and one part prune or plum juice. Books say to avoid laxitives, as they can cause the bowel to become lazy and not work without help.

Stay away from fried foods or anything with lot's of saturated fat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom