• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have to say the mods here are more lenient than I ever was.

We try very hard to let people have their opinions. If you read that thread, you'll see that it wasn't until he started going after the other mods that I had an issue with his behavior. I will not tolerate people abusing the staff and especially when it's unwarranted. We put up with far too much to have to sit there and take it.

Also, it's like 5 year olds with guns.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    We try very hard to let people have their opinions. If you read that thread, you'll see that it wasn't until he started going after the other mods that I had an issue with his behavior. I will not tolerate people abusing the staff and especially when it's unwarranted. We put up with far too much to have to sit there and take it.

I read the thread. I've had people wanting to argue in a thread. All that did was derail. My Policy was to warn once then boot them for a day. I see whatyou are saying. I took my fair share of abuse but when they attacked another mod or a member who never caused problems I tossed 'em.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

You guys do a great job! and your last sentence kinda sums it all up!! :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't like to ban anyone that I'm having a disagreement with. I feel like I'm too close to it to be objective and it's too easy to ban someone to "win the fight", which isn't right or fair. I always get one or more other mods involved. I know the rest of the staff are the same way.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    That was meant for Rayne but it works perfectly for Scutter as well. :)

That's funny cause I was going to tell you and Scutter that this was a family forum and to go get a room.

Thank you though, that's very nice of you to say!

They're still chattering about you. I can't get them to stop.

Also, Spasmo received a rare sunburn from standing outside talking to you for so long. She doesn't sunburn, even when outside all day, so I assume you must have some sort of radiance of your own. So, you know, thanks for irradiating my wife, I guess. :)

Must have been where she was standing, cause I didn't notice any tan marks that day. I felt bad keeping her so long. :(. She's just easy to talk to and I don't get off the farm much.

Oh and you're welcome...anything I can do to help. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    go get a room.
    Actually, we have a bunch of them already. We keep them all in one place for convenience. I keep my car there, too. It seems to work out well.

Must have been where she was standing, cause I didn't notice any tan marks that day. I felt bad keeping her so long. :(. She's just easy to talk to and I don't get off the farm much.
    She spent a lot of time regaling me that night. I think I can say with reasonable confidence that she enjoyed her visit. :D I'm sorry I missed it.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    O MY GOD SCUTTER? HE IS ALIVE! I know Spasmo doesn't feed welcome, but I hear from her all the time! How many infractions am I up to now?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Good points, Scutter01. We had a policy that if you banned someone you posted about it in the admin forum giving details, your thoughts, link to thread, etc. The admins would then discuss it and decide what kind of sanctions would be handed out. I dont recall ever banning someone because they pissed me off.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Good points, Scutter01. We had a policy that if you banned someone you posted about it in the admin forum giving details, your thoughts, link to thread, etc. The admins would then discuss it and decide what kind of sanctions would be handed out. I dont recall ever banning someone because they pissed me off.

Oh, we do the same thing, but the banning is usually at the end of a long discussion, not the beginning.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Didn't you ban the guy who asked for the 50 post rule to be changed after like 10 pages? And he asked for it

Are you talking about the guy who spent all night yelling at me via PM and telling me I wasn't understanding his point and then finally posted a public rant about what a jerk I was for not bending the rule for him?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Oh, we do the same thing, but the banning is usually at the end of a long discussion, not the beginning.

Unless it was severe we wouldnt ban first thing. We'd give the offending party a time out for a day to think about. That person would be notified about what was happening and why. We felt a 24 hour cooling off period was good for keeping things from getting further out of hand.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom