• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I also like the idea of not having to engrave my name on it.

Honestly this should be a minor consideration. Its ~$50 to have done, and you can get it done in an inconspicuous location.

Either way you go (factory or not), an SBR has very poor resell value.

And the only mods I would do to that model is new rails and a flip up rear sight and optic

Let me give you an example of what I was talking about:

Spike's Lower - $80
    Spike's Enhanced LPK - $150
    Spike's CTR stock kit - $150
    Engraving - $50

So a very well appointed quality lower with some enhanced features for $430.

Add in this complete upper: Spike's Tactical 11.5" URX II 5.56/.223 Pistol/SBR Upper Receiver

Now you've got a complete Spike's Tactical SBR for $1,149 (about the same as the $1,200 LMT).

The difference, however, is that you now have an upper with a $300 KAC rail system with built-in flip-up front sight, and enhanced features all over the gun.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    so you think they should change the name from dueling tree to Dakruiser's tree huh.

I love/hate the texas star

Yeah, I kinda want one. Do they have one at MCFG? If so, I might have to be your guest a few times :D

I like that better than the pig. :stickpoke:

You would :p

I only like the pig in certain configurations.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Honestly this should be a minor consideration. Its ~$50 to have done, and you can get it done in an inconspicuous location.

Either way you go (factory or not), an SBR has very poor resell value.

Let me give you an example of what I was talking about:

Spike's Lower - $80
    Spike's Enhanced LPK - $150
    Spike's CTR stock kit - $150
    Engraving - $50

So a very well appointed quality lower with some enhanced features for $430.

Add in this complete upper: Spike's Tactical 11.5" URX II 5.56/.223 Pistol/SBR Upper Receiver

Now you've got a complete Spike's Tactical SBR for $1,149 (about the same as the $1,200 LMT).

The difference, however, is that you now have an upper with a $300 KAC rail system with built-in flip-up front sight, and enhanced features all over the gun.

:scratch:

LMT :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Better than LMT? :eek:

:nono:

LMT's base offering (Defender 2000) is a great rifle, but its basic. I have the same issue with Colt LE6920s.

Did that Rainier brake/hider do well at both things? (compensating and hiding flash) It was designed to do both, but I've often found that doing one well means sacrificing the other.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    For you "visual learners". . . . .

Would you want this?

29414-DEFAULT-L.jpg

Or this?

images

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Regarding you looking for a comp for an SBR build, The muzzle blast from my 7.5" AR pistol is insane... I'm looking into the PWS CQB -- they're supposed to do a good job at projecting that blast forward..

airsoft_MB_PWS_CQB_comp_OD.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

So you're going to buy 3? :D

I've said it before, the BattleComp is NOT worth the $165 I paid for it. It does marginally better than the other comps in its class, but I don't think the margin is worth the 100% markup.

If its pricepoint was $75-85 I would recommend it all day long. Unfortunately I've gotten 80% of its performance out of a $25 YHM comp.

But at the end of the day I wanted the best for this SBR build and I happened to have the cash so I picked it. (I would've gone TripleTap if I had $400 :D)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would take this one:

LMT_LOGO.jpg

:D

:p

Those two side-by-side the LMT lacks forward QD points, the ability for a forward support hand grip, the ability to easily mount a light and VFG, a bulky BUIS, and a trigger guard that will chew up fingers. :D

If they were similarly outfitted I might give LMT the nod.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    But at the end of the day I wanted the best for this SBR build and I happened to have the cash so I picked it. (I would've gone TripleTap if I had $400 :D)
    $400?!?! :eek:

haha, no I'm not buying 3, between the battlecomp and that Rainier I think.
    :p

Those two side-by-side the LMT lacks forward QD points, the ability for a forward support hand grip, the ability to easily mount a light and VFG, a bulky BUIS, and a trigger guard that will chew up fingers. :D

If they were similarly outfitted I might give LMT the nod.

Its just a rail, not the whole gun. Besides, if it were me I'd buy a 10.5" MRP :D

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    So you're going to buy 3? :D

I've said it before, the BattleComp is NOT worth the $165 I paid for it. It does marginally better than the other comps in its class, but I don't think the margin is worth the 100% markup.

If its pricepoint was $75-85 I would recommend it all day long. Unfortunately I've gotten 80% of its performance out of a $25 YHM comp.

Can you still buy the Inconnel / TripleTap??

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    Kids are make'n cheese cake, I'm fry'n bacon, Daddy walks in says "mmmm, smells goood in here".
    W says "can the next cheese cake be bacon? That sounds soooo goood"

Me- Of course ;)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    kid felt better yesterday morning, temp was just over 100. Advil brought it down so hubby thought he was better and took off for the boat, sport and travel show.. yep, fever was back last night. Today it is gone and he is fine. they are out on the quads now. I just hope he doesn't relapse with all the activity today

how's everyone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom