Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I applaud you for thinking this way Jagee, a lot of people just don't give a **** and would just do a crappy job and not care. You have thought this through...

...and the fact that I would have to deal with the people calling to ***** that we weren't there. I don't like dealing with *****y people.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I shouldn't have had 2 pieces of pumpkin pie today... I want to get rid of it so it isn't sitting around... now I don't feel good.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Wifey earlier in the month replaced the setting in her wedding ring that was lost earlier this year. After finding out the hard way that our homeowners policy only paid $1000 for lost or stolen jewelry, she had all her stuff appraised and I had to do a separate rider on our policy. I am shocked at how expensive it was.....She really doesn't have that much bling besides her wedding ring & her gramdma's wedding ring that is valuable, I didn't think it would be nearly as much as they said it would be...It was 4x what I had guessed.
    I also asked about a separate gun rider. They required serial numbers, pictures and written appraisals or receipts for everything. No idea how to get written appraisals on used or inherited firearms...Plus, I don't know that I want to furnish all that information, even on my very small collection.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    And it's not like I am a high risk. I have had Homeowners Insurance with the same company since 1996, and made a grand total of ONE claim in that entire time....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My gpa has a policy for jewelry and guns...I'm not sure how much or if it is lumped in with everything else or what. I should look in to that when he transfers the rest of the collection over to my place.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wifey earlier in the month replaced the setting in her wedding ring that was lost earlier this year. After finding out the hard way that our homeowners policy only paid $1000 for lost or stolen jewelry, she had all her stuff appraised and I had to do a separate rider on our policy. I am shocked at how expensive it was.....She really doesn't have that much bling besides her wedding ring & her gramdma's wedding ring that is valuable, I didn't think it would be nearly as much as they said it would be...It was 4x what I had guessed.
    I also asked about a separate gun rider. They required serial numbers, pictures and written appraisals or receipts for everything. No idea how to get written appraisals on used or inherited firearms...Plus, I don't know that I want to furnish all that information, even on my very small collection.

yeah, those sort of riders are expensive. I think too many people turn in claims on the stuff so the cost is high.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Came home from, still no power so I said ****it and got our generator from the shop. I have heat and internet now. Nothing else though. I am glad for what I have. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My gpa has a policy for jewelry and guns...I'm not sure how much or if it is lumped in with everything else or what. I should look in to that when he transfers the rest of the collection over to my place.

My insurance guy is a life long friend and a serious gun guy. I am covered.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Yeah, you should look into it....I think that you said that your G-Pa had some expensive guns. If your wife has a nice stone on her wedding ring, you should check that too. It wasn't cheap to replace....And my Wife knows where to buy wholesale...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom