• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    that was weird. sitting here and the sofa starting moving. I looked over at Maggie, who is sleeping, and her back legs are going crazy, running in her dreams. then she howls, she never makes a sound, I sure hope she got what she was after

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    that was weird. sitting here and the sofa starting moving. I looked over at Maggie, who is sleeping, and her back legs are going crazy, running in her dreams. then she howls, she never makes a sound, I sure hope she got what she was after

:laugh: I always crack up watching my dogs go after dream squirrels. Absolutely hilarious

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I agree

hubby has been union since he got out of the Marine Corps. This is his first job that isn't union in all those years. He's seeing how nice it really was. Not just benefits and pay etc. Safety and **** as well. He uses a grinder all night on steel, says the lighting in the place is not even comparable to poor garage lighting. no sitting, period, except on break. he has no idea where, or if, there is an eye wash station. 1 toilet, 1 drinking fountain, and they get watched if they walk away from the job to use either.
    Has to have a hard hat and safety glasses, he has to buy them. Metatarsal boots, he had to buy.
    no discounts on anything. Hes sticking with it until something better comes along. Now we're praying for something better.

People tend to forget why unions were formed. The safety and such were huge things the union did for the workers. I know there are people higher up who give unions a bad reputation and I get tired of the politics associated with the union, but the workers certainly were safer and made a better living because of the unions.

We still have good benefits, but I do worry about how they will change as the "grandfathered" parts slowly expire. Amazingly, our insurance does not appear to have gone up this year. I was waiting for the January pension check to show up to see how much less it was than December's. It was the same. We don't get a stub or anything...just a direct deposit and a w-2 at the end of the year. Deductibles and out of pocket has changed some but still better than what I see others dealing with.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People tend to forget why unions were formed. The safety and such were huge things the union did for the workers. I know there are people higher up who give unions a bad reputation and I get tired of the politics associated with the union, but the workers certainly were safer and made a better living because of the unions.

We still have good benefits, but I do worry about how they will change as the "grandfathered" parts slowly expire. Amazingly, our insurance does not appear to have gone up this year. I was waiting for the January pension check to show up to see how much less it was than December's. It was the same. We don't get a stub or anything...just a direct deposit and a w-2 at the end of the year. Deductibles and out of pocket has changed some but still better than what I see others dealing with.

I could have drawn a much larger monthly amount but I chose to take care of my wife. My pension drops to half if I pass so she would not only loose my SS but half my pension. I opted for full benifit at the current amount which is lower but she will e better able to live.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I could have drawn a much larger monthly amount but I chose to take care of my wife. My pension drops to half if I pass so she would not only loose my SS but half my pension. I opted for full benifit at the current amount which is lower but she will e better able to live.
    That sounds good.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    :lmfao:

watching cops and this midget is getting cuffed. it's hilarious. little dude is taking his shirt off and flexing his muscles. acting all tough

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    omg

midget-I couldn't see you, I thought you were a thug
    cop-what about the lights on the roof of my car
    midget-I thought it was Christmas or something

Status
    Not open for further replies.