• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    If you need to polish, Ill need a grinder, I got out of the army 28 years ago.

I got out in 2008, but I did a lot of NRA and Tactical courses up until 2010. The best one I did was in Quad-City, Illinois. It was a 300m distance, 80 foot tower climb, shoot 12 targets, decend, run 150m, 150 m prone 12 movers, 6 innocent 6 targets 4 meters apart. Another 75m shoot from wall edge, engage popups. 70m run, opening door 1 second shoot/no shoot pistol. And it was a 16 minute timed course. I did it in 7 mins 100% accuracy.

Edit, there was some gas mask shooting in there somewhere after the 75m wall. :dunno:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I got out in 2008, but I did a lot of NRA and Tactical courses up until 2010. The best one I did was in Quad-City, Illinois. It was a 300m distance, 80 foot tower climb, shoot 12 targets, decend, run 150m, 150 m prone 12 movers, 6 innocent 6 targets 4 meters apart. Another 75m shoot from wall edge, engage popups. 70m run, opening door 1 second shoot/no shoot pistol. And it was a 16 minute timed course. I did it in 7 mins 100% accuracy.

Edit, there was some gas mask shooting in there somewhere after the 75m wall. :dunno:
    Very impressive!

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I used to shoot long gun pretty well. I have been mainly pistol for a long time due to lack of close areas to shoot a rifle.
    I just don't have much experience with them. I've shot an AR enough to know that I could get good with it. It seems pretty natural for me. But I don't have a rifle yet so I'll just be patient.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Little suzy was an alien.
    Bet she won't come knocking with cookies to sell any more.
    I used to shoot long gun pretty well. I have been mainly pistol for a long time due to lack of close areas to shoot a rifle.
    That's what's killing me. Rifles have always been my strong suit. I always did great with pistols, but there's just something special about a rifle.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I just don't have much experience with them. I've shot an AR enough to know that I could get good with it. It seems pretty natural for me. But I don't have a rifle yet so I'll just be patient.

I think my link with rifles just goes back to when I was a kid. The first rifle I shot, dunno maybe 9 or 10y/o, was a 22lr beater bolt action repeater, held 16 rounds. Shooting in the wooded ravine behind my Grandpa's house just off Eagle Creek. Good times I'll tell you.

I didn't shoot my first pistol till I was 16.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I love to run my AR's hard but never really worked on shooting a target smaller than my cell phone at 25 yds. I can put 30 for 30 on steel at 100 ft. but that is battle accurate not bulls-eye accurate.
    I have busted Coyote at 250 Yds off a bench but hitting those targets today was a serious challenge.
    Trust when I say it is no cake walk.

"J" man rose to the occasion.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I love to run my AR's hard but never really worked on shooting a target smaller than my cell phone at 25 yds. I can put 30 for 30 on steel at 100 ft. but that is battle accurate not bulls-eye accurate.
    I have busted Coyote at 250 Yds off a bench but hitting those targets today was a serious challenge.
    Trust when I say it is no cake walk.

"J" man rose to the occasion.

BigNokiaCellPhone.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom