Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, I did about 16 hours of research. I've got a pretty good idea as to every possible combination. I even have a source for a 2003 entire front engine, transmission, ECUs and battery pack pulled from a 6k mile vehicle. Buddy in Illinois will sell the whole package for $1k.

Stealerships suck.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Hmph...coulda used your expertise about a month ago :laugh:
    I'm always up for helping people, I like lunch! lol I used to flip vehicles for hobby. Each month I had a new project, then I'd sell it, make a couple bucks and move on to the next. This will be my first dive into a hybrid though.

Stealerships suck.
    Yes sir. My brother just dealt with the Ford stealership in Plainfield. He was hit on the highway, they said they fixed all the mechanical damage. He drove it to me and I found the rear bearings just barely hanging on, and the front bearing hub I just changed this summer was destroyed. So $1,200 in repairs that didn't get submitted to Insurance.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    how much can batteries be for that things? What's it run on, like four AA?

I think it's one of those weird watch batteries. Over priced because they are so uncommon

True but they still suck.

I've never dealt directly with them as the two times I've used a stealership, one was a recall job and the other an insurance job. All "free" and I sat in the waiting room enjoying free snacks and drinks. If only they would've let me remove my pants it would've been perfect.

But yes, I would never go to a dealership otherwise

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have to go feed the welfare birds. The feeders are empty AGAIN and they saw me with two boxes of suet cakes. They are circling the house....evil birds.

They are all looking pathetic with their hands out waiting for me.

Oh...and the snow continues to fall.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I think it's one of those weird watch batteries. Over priced because they are so uncommon

I've never dealt directly with them as the two times I've used a stealership, one was a recall job and the other an insurance job. All "free" and I sat in the waiting room enjoying free snacks and drinks. If only they would've let me remove my pants it would've been perfect.

But yes, I would never go to a dealership otherwise
    Look what happened when I took off my pants at the stealership! Warning Graphic/language: LiveLeak.com - Police repeatedly beat and tase naked psychotic man in a Ray Skillman GMC Dealership

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I had to go to the dealership a couple weeks back. I've skipped 2 recalls and done the repair myself because they take too damn long (and it was easy enough to do).
    But I ran into an issue with headlights blowing out after 3 months ea. 4 bulbs later I finally found it was a common issue on a buddy's honda... must be using higher voltage bulbs or something, so I bit the bullet and visited mazda. surprisingly they were only like 10$ more than sylvania bulbs. Unf0rtunately I spent 80$ finding that out the hard way

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hi DB...just heading out into the snowy wonderland to fill bird feeders. I hope you didn't fall today.

How's your dad doing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom