• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Every time I've inquired about vehicles on craigslist the "seller" was conveniently deployed overseas, but wanted to use an escrow service to complete a "safe, secure transaction" while he had the vehicle shipped back to the States on a C-130. Seemed legit

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Hmmm seems shady. Seems like it needs a lot more than a battery and that turd knows it.
    I know what the stealership told him as being wrong. I also know that's not what's wrong.

Enough pressure at the rail....
    return regulator sticking open....
    ECU seeing the injectors....

Remember, it is 12 years old.

Try to beat him down.

Indeed. My opening offer is $900. The Stealership told him the battery, battery controller, ecu, and TPS sensor are bad. $4k in repairs. Reality is it's a stuck throttle plate and dirty MAF sensor. Verifying with scan tool and physical check of throttle pulley. Hybrid battery may not be bad at all. If it is bad, the Controllers never go out, and it's usually 1-3 of the cells, $25 each.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good afternoon! I hope Nate gets home okay...roads are getting interesting and it sounds like Chicago area and I-65 could be loads of fun.

Neighbor lady was freaking out a little on the way home from her appointment cause she could see the snow was sticking on the roads and idiots were doing stupid stuff and fishtailing and such. We were fine but she was glad when we got off of the highway even though we had to plow through deeper stuff with her little Grand Prix.

I told her I'll be picking her up early tomorrow for her hair appointment. She looked doubtful, but I don't think this is supposed to continue all night.

Have to take the cat back to the vet tomorrow afternoon for his recheck too. Leroy is better but Grayson is still acting like his ears are bothering him. :spend::spend::spend:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know what the stealership told him as being wrong. I also know that's not what's wrong.

Indeed. My opening offer is $900. The Stealership told him the battery, battery controller, ecu, and TPS sensor are bad. $4k in repairs. Reality is it's a stuck throttle plate and dirty MAF sensor. Verifying with scan tool and physical check of throttle pulley. Hybrid battery may not be bad at all. If it is bad, the Controllers never go out, and it's usually 1-3 of the cells, $25 each.

Done your home work I see.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I hope you get it.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yeah the only ones who were ever able to miraculously get stuff sent home were the officers.
    delta? What's delta

Hmmm...officers have that kind of pull? Duly noted...

Delta I believe is the less heavily armed sister to LT6 :tinfoil:

Customs just called me, they told me you need to give me $500 to clear an unexpected import fee. :spend:

I'll just send cash!!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Hmph...coulda used your expertise about a month ago :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom