• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    What does it run an acre there? Just curious, I already live on ground in the southern Indiana woods and am too old to think about moving.:)

It varies across the state and based on what's been logged and what hasn't, but I've seen it for as little as $750 an acre

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Saw you guys were talkin' land earlier. My plan is to have a LOT of land in SC after graduation since land it's so damn cheap down there...all are welcome if willing to make the haul.
    I've always wanted a ranch in Texas. We looked last year. Everything either was way to expense or crap!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I've always wanted a ranch in Texas. We looked last year. Everything either was way to expense or crap!

Land in NE Texas can still be had at a reasonable price, but it isn't exactly ranching terrain. My uncle lives down there, beautiful property.

I bought logged ground back in 99, living on it now.

Any regrets? I've not visited any of the land for sale down there but it seems to still be pretty well wooded and ready to be developed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Land in NE Texas can still be had at a reasonable price, but it isn't exactly ranching terrain. My uncle lives down there, beautiful property.

Any regrets? I've not visited any of the land for sale down there but it seems to still be pretty well wooded and ready to be developed.

No regrets, at least here in southern Indiana it fills in fast. Surrounded by 4K acres of HNF as a bonus. Here's what it looked like back when bought.:)

Ticks are bad, but hunting is great.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    No ****!!! Around Waco it was almost $35,000 an acre. I might have to re think my plans.

Wow...when we bought here in 95, it was about $1,100 an acre. The last 6 acres we bought was $5,000 an acre and that seems to be about what most are asking now. Bigger parcels can be found for a bit less per acre.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    No ****!!! Around Waco it was almost $35,000 an acre. I might have to re think my plans.

:faint: That's a lotta green

No regrets, at least here in southern Indiana it fills in fast. Surrounded by 4K acres of HNF as a bonus. Here's what it looked like back when bought.:)

Ticks are bad, but hunting is great.

I can deal with ticks to get back to the peace and quiet of country living.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Put the ground in classified forest and it's next to nothing.

We have some neighbors who did that but it seems like there are a lot of restrictions about what you can and cannot do on your own land once you do this. I'm not sure I would like that.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We have some neighbors who did that but it seems like there are a lot of restrictions about what you can and cannot do on your own land once you do this. I'm not sure I would like that.

I live on 250 acres, keep a small amount around the house out of classified forest. You can't graze animals, log it, or build on it. The local forester comes out every year and inspects it and that's about it. I ride ATV's and hunt or just go walk on the trails.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I live on 250 acres, keep a small amount around the house out of classified forest. You can't graze animals, log it, or build on it. The local forester comes out every year and inspects it and that's about it. I ride ATV's and hunt or just go walk on the trails.

Sounds like my dream property.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom