mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Unfortunately he hasn't heard from them. They can take weeks though to make final calls. Amtrak will be hiring late February too. He's interested in that as well. Just can't wait until then without job.

The boy is the same. He takes my kindness as weakness. I'm sticking to my guns though

I'm going to keep praying that he gets the one he really wants. Benefits are a huge plus.

Tough love...not sure who it is toughest on, but I sure do understand that one!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Sure. I got work needs to be done.

But I figured being up your butt might be uncomfortable.
    Maybe moving him outside that location mighf work.
    it is very uncomfortable. I am ready to go to bed just to get away
    Or you can come here and have a 9 weeks vacation in France.I will show you around. :D
    buy my ticket and I will be on the way

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    What...lay offs.....wait....last I heard our coward and thief had the economy up and running.

Oh, that's probably why the Alco store in town and the Kmart in Plyouth are both closing. Alco is about done as there is NOTHING left in that store. Kmart made their announcement today. That store has been there forever.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    What...lay offs.....wait....last I heard our coward and thief had the economy up and running.
    F our coward and thief.
    I'm going to keep praying that he gets the one he really wants. Benefits are a huge plus.

Tough love...not sure who it is toughest on, but I sure do understand that one!
    thanks Mom. He hasn't given up on it. He's finally seeing sitting here isn't paying the bills.

Plus a little talk from me helped I am sure

I was nice and understanding and firm.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Oh, that's probably why the Alco store in town and the Kmart in Plyouth are both closing. Alco is about done as there is NOTHING left in that store. Kmart made their announcement today. That store has been there forever.

Kmart was there just shortly after I got married the first time in '85, if I remember right

gonna miss it being there

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    If I had the $ I would.Also it's probably not the best time to visit the region.
    Way better during summer. :)

you know my Dad was going to put Paris on his itinerary this summer when he is over seas. He's changed his mind because of the recent events happening in France.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    you know my Dad was going to put Paris on his itinerary this summer when he is over seas. He's changed his mind because of the recent events happening in France.

It's not like it happens everyday.It's like stopping going to NYC because of the 9/11 attacks. :dunno:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It's not like it happens everyday.It's like stopping going to NYC because of the 9/11 attacks. :dunno:

never been to NYC

I think he went once when my brother lived in Pennsylvania, the Poconos to be more accurate

I get what you're saying though. Dad is 72 years young though, set in his ways and when he makes up his mind, it's made up

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    This 30 day lay-off notice the company has to give the union is nice, so I don't go blowing my money.
    But it's heck on the mind, wondering if it will or won't happen.
    1bop caster going down I hear. Just going to run Qbops for awhile. It might change. They can never keep to a long term plan there. Hope everything works out for ya Act.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    never been to NYC

I think he went once when my brother lived in Pennsylvania, the Poconos to be more accurate

I get what you're saying though. Dad is 72 years young though, set in his ways and when he makes up his mind, it's made up

I'm more scared by Parisian drivers than by any terrorists when I go to Paris.Those people dont know how to drive and dont know what a "stop" sign or a red light are.
    Also you have many beautiful places to visit outside Paris.Most of them not as crowded at all the touristic sites in Paris.

I know some beaches around here who are always empty because tourists dont know about them.
    They are just as beautiful as the crowded ones but you need to take some small trails and go down (and up! :faint:) over 70 stairs to get to it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm more scared by Parisian drivers than by any terrorists when I go to Paris.Those people dont know how to drive and dont know what a "stop" sign or a red light are.
    Also you have many beautiful places to visit outside Paris.Most of them not as crowded at all the touristic sites in Paris.

I know some beaches around here who are always empty because tourists dont know about them.
    They are just as beautiful as the crowded ones but you need to take some small trails and go down (and up! :faint:) over 70 stairs to get to it.

we're on for a visit to those beaches if I ever make it over there

70 stairs might call for rest for me once we get there, but I am game!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1bop caster going down I hear. Just going to run Qbops for awhile. It might change. They can never keep to a long term plan there. Hope everything works out for ya Act.

act, hope things work out. hate the word layoff, hate the word closing.

Just tired of it all

I'll be alright.
    Systems Repair is a plant wide service. The downside is I could come to work tomorrow, and they could tell me I know work at the Blast Furnace.
    The upside is, they lay off a Systems Repairman, they have to lay off starting at the bottom of seniority. They would just transfer me.
    And I'm pretty high up.
    Might have to worry about company laying me off, then making me fight to follow the contract.

And, they've done this before, transferred me to the #1 BOP shop. Which skulldaddy says might go down.
    So I might have to go to an unfamiliar (dangerous) or uncomfortable (outside) job.

Worse thing,, I might go temp at an instrument company.
    I got skills :)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'll be alright.
    Systems Repair is a plant wide service. The downside is I could come to work tomorrow, and they could tell me I know work at the Blast Furnace.
    The upside is, they lay off a Systems Repairman, they have to lay off starting at the bottom of seniority. They would just transfer me.
    And I'm pretty high up.
    Might have to worry about company laying me off, then making me fight to follow the contract.

And, they've done this before, transferred me to the #1 BOP shop. Which skulldaddy says might go down.
    So I might have to go to an unfamiliar (dangerous) or uncomfortable (outside) job.

Worse thing,, I might go temp at an instrument company.
    I got skills :)

glad to hear that

with all the crap hubby and I have endured over the last year, I worry when I hear that dreaded word.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom