• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Went out in the backyard to try out a dozen new arrows I bought for the crossbow. I had fun but my back was not up for it. Cocking that crossbow a couple dozen times and pulling the arrows buried in my target is gonna make for a painful evening I think. I'm also glad I didn't spend much money for those arrows. Cheap arrows are...well, CHEAP!! I bent 2 of them trying to pull them from my target and a couple more had the tips come off without coming unscrewed.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Went out in the backyard to try out a dozen new arrows I bought for the crossbow. I had fun but my back was not up for it. Cocking that crossbow a couple dozen times and pulling the arrows buried in my target is gonna make for a painful evening I think. I'm also glad I didn't spend much money for those arrows. Cheap arrows are...well, CHEAP!! I bent 2 of them trying to pull them from my target and a couple more had the tips come off without coming unscrewed.
    Would it cheaper to make your own arrows? I have buddies that make there own. BTW, I know absolutely nothing about arrows.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Would it cheaper to make your own arrows? I have buddies that make there own. BTW, I know absolutely nothing about arrows.

I don't know that much about it myself. I suppose it could be if I were skilled enough to do so. I'd really be concerned about accuracy though. Even cheap arrows are usually fairly accurate until they get messed up.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    3b5dd4693db7f00c7d460dcfc8e4456d_zpsf9ba5d6d.jpg

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    We also discussed a couple of options for when you come to shoot. I think we can reduce your drive quite a bit.

Oh hell, this can't be that big of a problem! I'll chip in on transportation costs or just go pick him up myself if I have to! What's a few hours of drive time in exchange for such a great day?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom