• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I was just stating so, and you're exactly right. Most people wouldn't know a first aid kit, if it smacked them in the head. :):

mine is under the front passenger seat in the car
    Hubbies is under the back seat in the truck
    bathroom closet is full of dressings, band aides, ointments & peroxide.

I check levels and dates often on stuff that will expire.

It isn't fancy, but I can do a quick help until EMT's arrive.
    I know I need more, in case SHTF, but it is what it is for now

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    spp1m4.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    sad really

my first thought was the dog guy

****, went to school with him and can't think of his name now. But I thought of him because he does get very angry sometimes
    thought maybe he'd gone and really done it now

ETA: Todd Waggoner .. I knew I would remember it

Nope...hubby said dog boy too, but I said this guy had a wife. Dog boy no longer has a dog. The judge ordered it put down after it attacked someone at least a year ago and I believe he was ordered not to get another one. More than one has had to be put down this way. He just paces by Wendy's bouncing that stupid tennis ball.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I picked up some sutures in the event of SHTF, I need to add some antibiotics, and some painkillers. I doubt there'd be many doctors willing to prescribe something like morphine or a numbing agent for such purposes.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Nope...hubby said dog boy too, but I said this guy had a wife. Dog boy no longer has a dog. The judge ordered it put down after it attacked someone at least a year ago and I believe he was ordered not to get another one. More than one has had to be put down this way. He just paces by Wendy's bouncing that stupid tennis ball.

Oh soon as I saw the guy had a wife I knew it wasn't him.
    I keep up with him. I feel sorry for him. he saw a co-workers head get crushed and killed while at work. Never got the help he needed and this is where he ended. I see him right there at Wendy's, pacing back and forth by the light, bouncing his tennis ball.
    when he was good, He was a great guy.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Oh soon as I saw the guy had a wife I knew it wasn't him.
    I keep up with him. I feel sorry for him. he saw a co-workers head get crushed and killed while at work. Never got the help he needed and this is where he ended. I see him right there at Wendy's, pacing back and forth by the light, bouncing his tennis ball.
    when he was good, He was a great guy.

I know others who knew him before that happened and have shared that story with me. His parents have tried to help but he just doesn't want to be helped. He also gets rather aggressive (not just his dogs) at times. My daughter used to feel sorry for him and would talk to him, give him food, etc. He got rather nasty with her one night when she was going to her car after work when she worked closing shift at TSC. I told her to avoid him after that.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I know others who knew him before that happened and have shared that story with me. His parents have tried to help but he just doesn't want to be helped. He also gets rather aggressive (not just his dogs) at times. My daughter used to feel sorry for him and would talk to him, give him food, etc. He got rather nasty with her one night when she was going to her car after work when she worked closing shift at TSC. I told her to avoid him after that.

you've got it right

and it is best to avoid him

I feel sorry that he is this way, but at the same time I know he could get better if he would accept help

the co-worker who was killed, her Widower lives next to my Dad. Nice guy. Even he got over this a lot quicker than Todd did

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I picked up some sutures in the event of SHTF, I need to add some antibiotics, and some painkillers. I doubt there'd be many doctors willing to prescribe something like morphine or a numbing agent for such purposes.

I may have a solution for you. I'll talk to you about it at the next shoot if we are both in attendance. Otherwise we can talk about it over a beer or something. It's not great but in SHTF it will help

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    you've got it right

and it is best to avoid him

I feel sorry that he is this way, but at the same time I know he could get better if he would accept help

the co-worker who was killed, her Widower lives next to my Dad. Nice guy. Even he got over this a lot quicker than Todd did

Seeing it had to be traumatic. Some things you just never get over. I get that. Refusing help is a little harder to understand because you would think that a person would want to be able to learn how to cope with those memories.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Seeing it had to be traumatic. Some things you just never get over. I get that. Refusing help is a little harder to understand because you would think that a person would want to be able to learn how to cope with those memories.

yep. my Dad tells me to stop feeling sorry for him, he chose this. My caring nature won't let me.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    fish antibiotics?

Those, of course, are useful for some common bugs, although the pharmacist in me doesn't want themout there in mass because people are mostly clueless about when to use antibiotics and which antibiotics to use... Including healthcare providers. I was going more in the direction of pain. Nothing illegal, but nothing I want a permanent record of having said.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Those, of course, are useful for some common bugs, although the pharmacist in me doesn't want themout there in mass because people are mostly clueless about when to use antibiotics and which antibiotics to use... Including healthcare providers. I was going more in the direction of pain. Nothing illegal, but nothing I want a permanent record of having said.

Say hi to him! :wavey:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom