Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tough love has to come into play. I am NOT taking a chance on jerkface driving my truck. It is not happening.

She is describing large puddles of brake fluid under the back of the car if she pumps the pedal two or three times so it is just shooting it out on the ground. She was going to put some in and try to drive it home (15 miles). Hubby explained to her that she may have front brakes at the first stop light as it is just a block or so away, but the next one could be a huge issue and told her NOT to drive it. Period. Leave it at Walmart and we'll get it tomorrow.

He can stay calm and get through to her when I am losing it and not in the mood to deal with her crying and wailing. She is pretty dramatic at times, and I don't deal well with drama.

He said he is going to ask her who is going to fix her junker when he dies. I told him she just got paid plus he gave her some cash yesterday for Christmas so at least he can make her pay for the parts. If he pays for them, she will never pay him back so it is time for her to start paying her way and he agreed. He has a soft spot for her so I have to toughen him up too I guess.

My wife was the soft hearted one. I thank the heavens she is. It was very hard to call her for bail money when that crap came down that day. It set me back a butt load of money but the idiots that were driving my truck will never mess with me again.
    As long as you let this continue it will. We want to save them but remember.....they put themselves there and choose to remain. Mainly because we are always there for them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree. I am actually much better at tough love than my husband is. He will fix it but she will have to buy the parts. If she doesn't have the money, I will take it out of her bank account since she got paid today and I am on the account too. I have a sister who enables her oldest son. He is 32 and mommy buys him vehicles every time he wrecks one. She bails him out of jail. She bought a place for him to live when his house got foreclosed. The list is endless. He will never grow up...ever...not even sure it will happen when she dies.

At a point it is to late.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My wife was the soft hearted one. I thank the heavens she is. It was very hard to call her for bail money when that crap came down that day. It set me back a butt load of money but the idiots that were driving my truck will never mess with me again.
    As long as you let this continue it will. We want to save them but remember.....they put themselves there and choose to remain. Mainly because we are always there for them.

She certainly did not get the response she wanted. When she called and I said no to loaning my truck and that we had plans and her car repair was not one of those plans, she got pretty cranky. That was when the crying started. She still is not happy with our solution and us driving her because that means she cannot do what idiot wants her to do like bring him his lunch in the middle of the night. It won't hurt him to miss a meal.

My husband sounded like he plans to tell her she needs to start finding an alternate plan for car repairs but there are not many shops still open around here other than the dealers, and it would cost more than she paid for the car to take it to any of them for a brake job. He also plans to tell her that she better start putting some money away for a replacement car cause this one has already lasted longer than we figured it would.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She certainly did not get the response she wanted. When she called and I said no to loaning my truck and that we had plans and her car repair was not one of those plans, she got pretty cranky. That was when the crying started. She still is not happy with our solution and us driving her because that means she cannot do what idiot wants her to do like bring him his lunch in the middle of the night. It won't hurt him to miss a meal.

My husband sounded like he plans to tell her she needs to start finding an alternate plan for car repairs but there are not many shops still open around here other than the dealers, and it would cost more than she paid for the car to take it to any of them for a brake job. He also plans to tell her that she better start putting some money away for a replacement car cause this one has already lasted longer than we figured it would.

Damn......Is she my youngest sister.....sounds just like her.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Damn......Is she my youngest sister.....sounds just like her.

Maybe we are family! LOL! She just texted and said she is borrowing her neighbor's car tomorrow and will bring me the key for hers so we can get it without worrying about running her all over the place. When she brings it, I will discuss parts money with her.

Are we all going to bed now?

I am....I really am!!

Like together? :dunno:

This could be interesting but maybe a bit crowded.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom