3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Any one that knows me calls and lets me know that are stopping by. A random knocker at the door is always met with a 1911 of some kind.

One of the great things about living in the woods is there is never a random knock, it's just too much work to get back here for that.:)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Any one that knows me calls and lets me know that are stopping by. A random knocker at the door is always met with a 1911 of some kind.
    Same here. We'll either that or my 640. I will not go to the door with out one. We have had a lot of home invasions in this area over the years. Better safe then sorry.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Here, it depends. My daughter will have people stop bye from time to time, but our driveway is in the back of the house, so those folks always come to the back door. But if someone is at the front door, it's somebody we don't know.

I also have security cameras on the front and back door.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Also, is it strange to have a policy against answering unexpected visitors to the house after dark...?
    NO!
    i don't answer for unexpected visitors at any time of the day. I was raised not to either. Calling or texting ahead for permission is proper in my opinion. I don't even like it when my neighbor just knocks on my door randomly. I've got motion alarms so they're goin off then there's knocking and I look on the camera, it's just a mess. Call ahead

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    NO!
    i don't answer for unexpected visitors at any time of the day. I was raised not to either. Calling or texting ahead for permission is proper in my opinion. I don't even like it when my neighbor just knocks on my door randomly. I've got motion alarms so they're goin off then there's knocking and I look on the camera, it's just a mess. Call ahead

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person around here! Seriously though, I think it's dangerous answering the door in Indy for someone you don't know

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom