• Status
    Not open for further replies.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Woot!! :rockwoot: Congrats!! and they just cleaned up all the beer cans and pizza box's in the Bronze badge club too!!! :D

Ehhh........I don't need a bronze badge club, I need the lightening to stop blowing up transformers so I can stop standing in the intersections directing traffic with stupid people driving. You know......it annoys the **** outta me that people can live at the same place for years, but they only know one way to get around town or back home.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Ehhh........I don't need a bronze badge club, I need the lightening to stop blowing up transformers so I can stop standing in the intersections directing traffic with stupid people driving. You know......it annoys the **** outta me that people can live at the same place for years, but they only know one way to get around town or back home.

Yep!! Been there done that!!!:D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Anyone not watching the Western conference championship right now is really missing out.

This is one of the best basketball games I've ever seen.

It's tied 101-101 with three and a half seconds left.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

That does suck. Luckily I know about 12 ways to get home. And with downtown Plainfield a big mess, I use about all of them depending on the time of day and the level of traffic!

I knew a lot of power outages were going on with all the flickering lights around here. My dad's gotta have his hands full in the fish bowl tonight.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Stupid is hard to fix.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So I'm watching jail on spike and they brought in a tranny. So it sparked this question in my mind. If your a man and you get a full sex change operation do you go to male prison or female prison? Its random and a pretty odd question but does anyone have any input?

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I personally don't like the Sig, but thats just me. There is nothing wrong with them and in fact I will say they are like a Caddy.........it just doesn't my small little girly hands very well. Unfortunately it is what we issue (P229 in .40 with an X300 hanging) so it's what I have to carry. I'm hoping the rumors are correct and they are looking into allowing us to carry a 1911.

With all that being said, I have been in one shooting and it was with the Sig and I sure as hell didn't mind it then. I am proficiant with it, just the day to day things with it because it doesn't fit my hand.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I personally don't like the Sig, but thats just me. There is nothing wrong with them and in fact I will say they are like a Caddy.........it just doesn't my small little girly hands very well. Unfortunately it is what we issue (P229 in .40 with an X300 hanging) so it's what I have to carry. I'm hoping the rumors are correct and they are looking into allowing us to carry a 1911.

With all that being said, I have been in one shooting and it was with the Sig and I sure as hell didn't mind it then. I am proficiant with it, just the day to day things with it because it doesn't fit my hand.

You know what they say about guys with small hands...Small glove sizes.:):

That sucks that you can't just go out-of-pocket and carry what you are comfortable with...Not all departments are like that, are they?

BTW, I'd like to hear more about the "shooting" you were in...There probably isn't a thread about it is there?

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I'm the opposite. I've been looking at getting a P226 for a while now, and finally shot one in 9mm this past Saturday. My groups tightened up and it fit my hand nicely. I suppose that I'd do better with my XDm if I had some formal training.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    You know what they say about guys with small hands...Small glove sizes.:):

That sucks that you can't just go out-of-pocket and carry what you are comfortable with...Not all departments are like that, are they?

BTW, I'd like to hear more about the "shooting" you were in...There probably isn't a thread about it is there?

Yeah, I started out carrying a Glock 23 in AZ and then started with a Sig here then we went to either a Glock 22 or 23 (our choice). Then we had fail to feed issues with the Glocks and the dept decided to s**t can them because Glock wouldn't work with us. I am banned from saying anymore on that topic on a public forum. There are rumors that they are warming up to 1911's but it would more than likely have to be at our cost. That doesn't bother me though because my off-duty carry is a Springfield Champion Operator. Most of the departments around here, at least the larger ones, are like that.

As far as my shooting..........no there isnt a thread on it and I don't wish to discuss it on a public forum. I will however send you a PM with the details if you want.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm the opposite. I've been looking at getting a P226 for a while now, and finally shot one in 9mm this past Saturday. My groups tightened up and it fit my hand nicely. I suppose that I'd do better with my XDm if I had some formal training.

They are excellent guns if they fit your hand right. Don't let me change your mind if it fits for you, it just doesn't work well for me.

My brother in law owns about 23 acres in the Gas City/Hartford City area that I go shoot at from time to time. Not sure when I'm gonna get back up there, but you are welcome to join me and try out the 229.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I think I have peed 85 times today.
    Just woke up from a nappy nap.
    This cortisone has my sleep schedule all screwy.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yeah, I started out carrying a Glock 23 in AZ and then started with a Sig here then we went to either a Glock 22 or 23 (our choice). Then we had fail to feed issues with the Glocks and the dept decided to s**t can them because Glock wouldn't work with us. I am banned from saying anymore on that topic on a public forum. There are rumors that they are warming up to 1911's but it would more than likely have to be at our cost. That doesn't bother me though because my off-duty carry is a Springfield Champion Operator. Most of the departments around here, at least the larger ones, are like that.

As far as my shooting..........no there isnt a thread on it and I don't wish to discuss it on a public forum. I will however send you a PM with the details if you want.

1. It's ridiculous that ALL departments won't let you carry what you are most comfortable with...That just seems like common sense?:dunno:

2. I'd really enjoy that PM...I can't blame you for not wanting to post it on a public forum, but I'd love to hear a story from a fellow INGO buddy when you have the time.;):ingo:

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    OK, movie review time. Ongbak 2 was good (to me) but the voice actors weren't that great. the fight scenes were good.

Then Red Cliff: it was good, but not as much hand to hand. It seems to be more a documentary, but it was still good. Voice acting was on target.

Good night PWs, sleep well and be careful

Le Doug

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom