• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Going shooting this afternoon!! I have three people to run though the defensive fire course!!:D

I'd rather be doing that while worrying about surgery tomorrow instead of helping someone finish moving and worrying about surgery. :laugh:

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm going to try to stay medicated and hopefully I'll be floating all day... :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I'd rather be doing that while worrying about surgery tomorrow instead of helping someone finish moving and worrying about surgery. :laugh:

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm going to try to stay medicated and hopefully I'll be floating all day... :D

Take it easy!! when on pain killers you can do allot of damage to yourself and never know it until its to late!! let them do the lifting and toting!! :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Take it easy!! when on pain killers you can do allot of damage to yourself and never know it until its to late!! let them do the lifting and toting!! :D

Meh, I can carry a few boxes here and there. I moved 2 couches and a recliner, two beds, and a dresser yesterday. Felt like crap, but the two guys that were SUPPOSE to be there to help, left. One guy promised to stay and help, and he did. He helped put it all in the GARAGE then left. The other guy just up and left before the furniture even got there. :rolleyes:

Then, to top it all off, I found out the guy next door is going to prison in 2 weeks for molesting his daughter and step-daughter. :xmad: So not only do I have to help move stuff, but I have to keep an eagle eye on my own kids at the same time. :draw:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just got back from finishing up helping our friend move. I'm hurting bad now. I knew I should have stayed home today, but I knew no one else could move the beds, dressers, and all the food and kitchen stuff. So, me being me, I went, did it, and now I feel like I'm ready to pass this stone but I can tell it's not moved. :xmad:

I did have an interesting encounter today though. I got to shoot my little .22 at the house since it's out in the country. It's in a neighborhood, but I had heard other neighbors shooting yesterday and again today. So I ask if it's ok from one of the neighbors and they said go for it. We do. So I did. :) I blast through about 30rnds, let the women shoot a couple mags, then we shot a few rounds out of both our pistols. Didn't have a lot of target ammo so we didn't shoot them much.

10 minutes after we put them up, the OTHER neighbor comes over and informed us that an officer was on his way out. :scratch: She said that they were just curious as to the laws in the area and the County decided to just send an officer. :n00b: Come to find out as me and the neighbor have a mutual friend and my wife worked as a CNA in the same nursing home that her mother was in.

Oh, cool.

She didn't mind that we were shooting, but because she had a 4y/o boy she was concerned... :rolleyes: Apparently, even though she grew up in Morgan County, she'd always lived in town and not in the country where people like to shoot their guns.

Officer shows up and informs me that there's an ordinance in Morgan County about shooting guns within 1000yrds of another home. :scratch: I knew Lake County had that rule now, but not Morgan County. So he calls the Game Warden to confirm and finds out there's no such law here. :): So he says I'm good to go as long as I'm not disturbing the peace. :thumbsup:

Out of respect I won't be shooting there since I'm sure the neighbors will be calling if I were to bring the SKS or something. :rolleyes:

The search for a local place to shoot continues....

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    :dunno:That was wierd the page i was reading and replying to was not this one. its like it changed so INGO made me look stupid please ignore my last post and I'M sorry carry onhttps://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/images/smilies/dunno.gif

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Nice story about the shooting.

You should have figured out another way to have all that heavy stuff moved. You, being in pain now...I doubt that it will compare to what you are feeling later on this evening.

Get yourself a shower and take it easy for the rest of the day.

Quit being he-man!

Doug

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Just got back from finishing up helping our friend move. I'm hurting bad now. I knew I should have stayed home today, but I knew no one else could move the beds, dressers, and all the food and kitchen stuff. So, me being me, I went, did it, and now I feel like I'm ready to pass this stone but I can tell it's not moved. :xmad:

I did have an interesting encounter today though. I got to shoot my little .22 at the house since it's out in the country. It's in a neighborhood, but I had heard other neighbors shooting yesterday and again today. So I ask if it's ok from one of the neighbors and they said go for it. We do. So I did. :) I blast through about 30rnds, let the women shoot a couple mags, then we shot a few rounds out of both our pistols. Didn't have a lot of target ammo so we didn't shoot them much.

10 minutes after we put them up, the OTHER neighbor comes over and informed us that an officer was on his way out. :scratch: She said that they were just curious as to the laws in the area and the County decided to just send an officer. :n00b: Come to find out as me and the neighbor have a mutual friend and my wife worked as a CNA in the same nursing home that her mother was in.

Oh, cool.

She didn't mind that we were shooting, but because she had a 4y/o boy she was concerned... :rolleyes: Apparently, even though she grew up in Morgan County, she'd always lived in town and not in the country where people like to shoot their guns.

Officer shows up and informs me that there's an ordinance in Morgan County about shooting guns within 1000yrds of another home. :scratch: I knew Lake County had that rule now, but not Morgan County. So he calls the Game Warden to confirm and finds out there's no such law here. :): So he says I'm good to go as long as I'm not disturbing the peace. :thumbsup:

Out of respect I won't be shooting there since I'm sure the neighbors will be calling if I were to bring the SKS or something. :rolleyes:

The search for a local place to shoot continues....

You should just shoot there anyway. You were just told you were legal. Heck with that neighbor. No matter what area you find to shoot at, you're gonna run into the same thing. It never fails. You found a place, just stay there. That's my :twocents: anyway.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Nice story about the shooting.

You should have figured out another way to have all that heavy stuff moved. You, being in pain now...I doubt that it will compare to what you are feeling later on this evening.

Get yourself a shower and take it easy for the rest of the day.

Quit being he-man!

Doug

I know, I know. But it wouldn't have gotten done had I not went to do it. I don't even know if I'm going to get paid for it now too. :dunno: Either way, she only had until Tuesday to have the Apt. cleared out and since I was going to be useless come Monday I figured I better do what I can while I can.

I do hurt like a mfer right now though. The pain pills aren't doing anything for me at this point and I can't go to sleep sitting here in pain. I already took 2x 2mg dilaudid's and I think I'm going to have to take a third soon. :n00b:

You should just shoot there anyway. You were just told you were legal. Heck with that neighbor. No matter what area you find to shoot at, you're gonna run into the same thing. It never fails. You found a place, just stay there. That's my :twocents: anyway.

Meh, I don't want to **** anyone off and I've only got 25 yrds to shoot at. Another thing the officer said is that I have to have a good tall backstop. That's one thing the spot is lacking, but the only thing beyond the fence is an open pasture with a good sized hill and woods beyond that. :dunno: It's not the perfect place, but it is safe.

:rolleyes: It's ok. I'll find somewhere around here sooner or later.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    :dunno:That was wierd the page i was reading and replying to was not this one. its like it changed so INGO made me look stupid please ignore my last post and I'M sorry carry onhttps://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/images/smilies/dunno.gif

OH Sure!!!! you know how many times we have heard that INGO makes me look stupid thing!!!!!! Well I am hear to tell you that I am perfectly capable of looking stupid by myself without the help of INGO!!! so there. :D I don't know why I felt compelled to put that in purple :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom