mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Do you have any snow or ice on the roads? We are hovering around 10 degrees here with ridiculous wind. We only have about 2 inches of snow, but the SIL said there was about 10 inches completely across the county road when he came through. I took the road a mile east of the one he took and in one open spot it was down to one lane for a bit.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Nothing on the roads. The road crew has brine on the road preparing for the blizzard tomarrow. We're supposed to get an inch or two. Big news down here. They already closed schools and are going virtual.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Nothing on the roads. The road crew has brine on the road preparing for the blizzard tomarrow. We're supposed to get an inch or two. Big news down here. They already closed schools and are going virtual.
    The wind here is brutal. My truck groaned a bit this morning but started. I went ahead and drove it without really thinking about it sitting out in the cold/wind all day. It barely started when I left work but about the time I thought it wasn't going to happen, it did. I told hubby I am driving my suburban tomorrow. I know the wind is going to push me around more, but it has a good battery. I don't like taking it when the roads are bad because I sure don't want to wreck it, but until he puts the newer battery in the winter truck, I don't trust it in this cold.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    We have had brutal winds here since yesterday. You're right about not taking chances on the truck not starting, way to cold to be dealing with crap that you don't have to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The boys' father is now saying he wants to take them. I'm like :rockwoot: . Susan is having second thoughts. :facepalm: She's talking to her best friend now and she agrees with me.
    Susan needs to let go. Does she not see or care the stresses and strain this is causing you?
    I may be over a line somewhere in my saying this and will stand own if I am, but I have seen this before. I would be pressing they go back to the real father. It is the best for those kids. It's not about the adults.
    If he presses it, he will get them. You don't want that fight around the boys. They need stability and love.

. I am all about the stability of the children. Growing up under the dictatorship of a serious dickhead and a depressed mother I see it. Kids need love and guidance. Those boys need their dad.

OK I have said my piece.
    I will shut up now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have had brutal winds here since yesterday. You're right about not taking chances on the truck not starting, way to cold to be dealing with crap that you don't have to.
    Agreed. We bought this truck in March to replace my last "winter truck" so I have no idea how old the battery is. He has a new battery in his show truck that he is going to swap into it. The show truck doesn't get driven very much so that battery should be in something we are running so it gets charged regularly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a little 4wd Suzuki that I drive once they start the salty road stuff. I added it back to the insurance and had to change the battery too the first of the week.
    Speaking of insurance, we dropped the Cadilac when we put CKW in a 2018 Acadia and put full coverage on it.
    The monthly bills have been inconsistent amounts since we did this. I called my agent, and it seems they kept the caddy covered, added the acadia and dropped my truck.... which I still own, and daughter drives it daily with the terrorists to school/doctors/grocery you name it.
    So, we have been driving with no coverage. If it was involved in any incident, we would automatically be at fault as no coverage, and I would lose my ass.
    To say I was seriously pissed off is an understatement.
    I tore some heads off on the phone, called our attorney just in case I did something really stupid. I received multiple calls from management at Indiana Farmers group and my agent's manager all with hats in hand apologizing.

What is damned hard that people just do not follow through and do their jobs.

End of rant.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Yea, it seems that everything is a constant battle. It's good to see you're getting out for things other than Dr appointments. Looking forward to seeing you at one of the gala events if not before. The wife was really enjoying the stories you were telling early last spring when we all met for lunch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yea, it seems that everything is a constant battle. It's good to see you're getting out for things other than Dr appointments. Looking forward to seeing you at one of the gala events if not before. The wife was really enjoying the stories you were telling early last spring when we all met for lunch.
    My plan is to attend the SGE or at least 1 day of it. Depending on how I am doing etc and so on.
    CKW is sad we missed the last one as she considers all of you friends.

One thing that comes from living a wide open throttle life is stories and lots of them. That I lived to tell them is the best one...:)

Enjoyed that day myself.

Rolling around in the Sams club in the disabled battery scooter with Baby Raine in the basket was priceless. He was not sure what to make of it at 1st but once he figured it out, we had a ball.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm beat so I guess I will watch an episode of Yellowstone and call it a day.

Night guys

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom