mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good morning. The weatherman was right about the wind. It woke me up shaking the house during the night.

I think I'll take the old pickup today. It doesn't catch the wind like my suburban so will be better on the ice. The side roads are still quite icy. Monday night, I slid past the driveway at least two truck lengths when I got home. When I left yesterday, I almost did a donut pulling out of the driveway. :lmfao: I missed hitting the mailbox, which is good because nothing so far has taken out the mailbox...not even the snowplow.

I hope today goes somewhat smoothly.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Good morning mom! Stay safe out there. No ice down here but plenty of wind. Wind advisory in effect until 6 pm.
    I think our road has about an inch of glazed ice on it. It won't melt until we get warmer. There are too many trees shading our road so unless the salt manages to bust it up so they can scrape it off with the plow, it just stays there. We have fun on it. The ditches are higher than the road so at least we can't slide off into the ditch. We just kind of bounce off of the ditchbank and slide around a bit more. :bacondance:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think our road has about an inch of glazed ice on it. It won't melt until we get warmer. There are too many trees shading our road so unless the salt manages to bust it up so they can scrape it off with the plow, it just stays there. We have fun on it. The ditches are higher than the road so at least we can't slide off into the ditch. We just kind of bounce off of the ditchbank and slide around a bit more. :bacondance:
    The lanes at the cemetery are all that rutted ice covered crap Right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom