• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    It can, but in this case, it won't. The shooting bench collapsed at the range and put a few giant gouges down the side of my gun. I've spent 5-6 hours sanding it down and getting it ready to stain. I'm not doing it again. Depending on how bad it turns out, this stock may just end up getting a spray paint camo. A brand new finished stock is only $125 from the factory. Here is a picture of the gun before the bench collapsed: (it's sporting a cheap scope for this pic, but a better one was on it)

If you already did all the shaping, a chemical strip wouldn't require much sanding...just sayin. I fully understand not wanting to do it again though if the cost/benefit ratio doesn't work.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I was just doing a bit of on line searching for ammo. So depressing. There was a time several years ago that I could have actually afforded to buy 55 gallon drums of nearly any caliber but I didn't because it seemed unnecessary. Now? Like I said, its just depressing.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I was just doing a bit of on line searching for ammo. So depressing. There was a time several years ago that I could have actually afforded to buy 55 gallon drums of nearly any caliber but I didn't because it seemed unnecessary. Now? Like I said, its just depressing.

Indeed. I remember when they used to give us 4-5 boxes of ammo at work because they had to rotate out the old stuff.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    What ya looking for Supr?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom