• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    On some mowers they put a breakable piece on top of the crank shaft so it doesn't actualy bend the shaft itself. I've gotten 2 FREE almost brand new mowers this way In the past and a $10 part fixes it.

Yep, newer mowers have a plastic gear designed to break instead of the old school steel. I've replaced quite a few.

Hello brother!

:lmfao:

:wavey:

A brother with a case of beer in need, is a brother indeed!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Crap. My yard needs to be mowed too. I had a bit of a busy weekend so I didn't get to it. Now I really just don't feel like it.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    You have GRASS?? You must be rich. All I have is clover and chickweed right now. I'm pretty much done with my dandelion crop for the year.
    :lmfao: Yes, I have a lot of grass, some clover, and some purple weed that is just prolific as ..ll.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Friday my wife and I went to pick up my daughter's wedding cake. It was loaded in the van sealed in a brown box. When we got it to the church I was lifting the box off so my daughter and most of her bridesmaids could see it. As the box came up, all the air was sucked out of the room due to the gasps coming from all of them. It was supposed to be a 3 tiered cake over a foot and a half tall. One of the wooden supports was left out of the lower level of the cake. That combined with a quicker than normal stop my wife made while driving the van had nearly completely destroyed the cake. The lower level was about half crushed on the side that was missing the support rod. The smaller upper level had rolled off and was pushed into the corner of the box so it had a 90 degree corner on one side. The middle layer had a bunch of icing stripped off from the smaller level rolling over it. I always thought that a cake that tall was normally transported in sections, then stacked after it arrived but I'm no expert on wedding cakes. Anyway, my daughter and her maid of honor did a miraculous reconstruction using the top 2 sections and icing from the crushed lower section to create a 2 layer cake that was nearly unbelievable. Even with the miraculous reconstruction, my daughter found a friend that was already there helping with the rehearsal that stayed up almost all night making her another beautiful 3 tiered cake. I tried to pay her but she wouldn't accept it. My wife and I bought some generous restaurant gift certificates that we are sending to her and her husband. The girl that made the first cake was also a friend. She has offered to completely refund the cost of the cake. I won't be accepting a full refund because we did still serve a lot of it and she also made another sheet cake to go with it so there would be more to serve and we used that too. I feel the construction of the cake contributed to the problem but so did the driving. Anyway, it all worked out and it turned out to be a very memorable story despite the stress and tears it created at the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom